Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching

Post subject: Shooting?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:13 pm 
Baby puncher

There was some talk at one of our meets and also in one of the threads on here about a bunch of us getting together and going shooting. I'd love to go soon!! Also have a friend that hasn't shot one that would like to go. H&H costs a little much to take a noob there.

Post subject: Re: Shooting?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:56 pm 
mudpuppy wrote:
There was some talk at one of our meets and also in one of the threads on here about a bunch of us getting together and going shooting. I'd love to go soon!! Also have a friend that hasn't shot one that would like to go. H&H costs a little much to take a noob there.

And it's boring at a range. I like unsupervised ranges,(like my back yard!), so I can shoot whatever I want! Car doors, refrigerators, etc. I will be up for something like that end of may, beginning of june. Maybe we can do a meet and greet out here at my house one weekend. Guns and grill in the afternoon, Beer and bonfire all night! :o

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 pm 
philbert001 wrote:
mudpuppy wrote:

And it's boring at a range. I like unsupervised ranges,(like my back yard!), so I can shoot whatever I want! Car doors, refrigerators, etc. I will be up for something like that end of may, beginning of june. Maybe we can do a meet and greet out here at my house one weekend. Guns and grill in the afternoon, Beer and bonfire all night! :o

say what :eek2: you dont put the bullet hole stickers all over your car??:lol:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:34 pm 
Baby puncher

philbert001 wrote:
mudpuppy wrote:

sounds like a plan to me!! Currently only have 100 rds of target ammo to play with...but will try and accumulate more soon. have 100 rds of HST's but I'm not wasting those. unless it's on something that i can see the damage...like a side of beef or something. LOL

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:37 pm 
kellyd469 wrote:
philbert001 wrote:
mudpuppy wrote:

say what :eek2: you dont put the bullet hole stickers all over your car??:lol:

It's not my cars you have to worry about! It's everyone else's! :sniper:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:40 pm 
mudpuppy wrote:
philbert001 wrote:
mudpuppy wrote:

sounds like a plan to me!! Currently only have 100 rds of target ammo to play with...but will try and accumulate more soon. have 100 rds of HST's but I'm not wasting those. unless it's on something that i can see the damage...like a side of beef or something. LOL

Too bad roadkill season is about over for deer! a fresh one might be fun for ballistic testing! In the name of science of course! late next month, we'll start thinking about setting something up out here.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:42 pm 
Baby puncher

well should it happen i plan on bringing a noob. she surprised the shit outta me when she said she wanted to get her permit. Of course she said she wanted a 9mm, but i corrected her on that. After she shoots my .40's she wont want that little 9mm anymore.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:54 pm 
mudpuppy wrote:
well should it happen i plan on bringing a noob. she surprised the shit outta me when she said she wanted to get her permit. Of course she said she wanted a 9mm, but i corrected her on that. After she shoots my .40's she wont want that little 9mm anymore.

Then, after she shoots my .44 or my .45, your feelings of inadequacy will begin to grow! J/K, my wife got her permit a few years back, and she loves shooting.(and she's pretty good too!) I'm actually a rifle man myself, but love shooting anything and everything! :eyebrows: I also have a few shotguns too,(ones a tactical, and ones a bird/clay gun), and a clay thrower, so I'm sure we could make a pretty fun day out of it. If everyone who wants to shoot, brings some ammo, or throws down on it, we could all shoot lots of different guns too!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:11 pm 
web wheeling is off the hook!!!

omg! beer guns and fire!!!!!!!!! im in

1987 comanche 4bangin 4x4 (stock for now)
2007 powerwheels jeep unlimited

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:14 pm 
Bryan wrote:
omg! beer guns and fire!!!!!!!!! im in

Yup! It don't get much better! Unless someone brings a stripper or two! (I have a basketball hoop. that'll work for a pole! Kinda rusty though.)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:18 pm 

just make sure they have their tetnis shot first :2up:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:40 pm 
Hey, if muddpuppy is bringin the strippers, we might need more than tetnus shots! (Poorjohns and stewies) LoL!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:12 am 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

If it helps any i have a 100yrd range at my place. :tu2:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:09 am 
Thread Necromancer

I wish my permit would show up, its been 9 or 10 weeks!

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:39 am 

philbert001 wrote:
Hey, if muddpuppy is bringin the strippers, we might need more than tetnus shots! (Poorjohns and stewies) LoL!

:eek2: :flee:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:35 pm 
Baby puncher

kennedy wrote:

That reminds me, mine expires on 5/15. time to get the lifetime...yay.

Anybody got any ideas for cheap ammo? My taurus' seem to like the winchester white box crap, so I'm lookin for that. Cheapest I've found is like $31 at wally world for 100rds. I plan on aquiring a few hundred here shortly, and anyone that wants to is free too try out my junk. You gotta load the mags though...sore thumbs suck. HA I haven't shot a shotgun in forever...and have never shot a rifle, other than my old .22

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:13 pm 
I'm good enough with a pistol to drop someone at 50 yards, but I'm surgical with a rifle or a shotgun!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:31 pm 
Thread Necromancer

mudpuppy wrote:
kennedy wrote:

Anybody got any ideas for cheap ammo? My taurus' seem to like the winchester white box crap, so I'm lookin for that. Cheapest I've found is like $31 at wally world for 100rds. I plan on aquiring a few hundred here shortly, and anyone that wants to is free too try out my junk. You gotta load the mags though...sore thumbs suck. HA I haven't shot a shotgun in forever...and have never shot a rifle, other than my old .22

You better apply now, then you might have it by august... lol

I bought a couple hundred rounds of the cheapest shit I could find at a gun show, its dirty, but seems to work. I think it was about $13/box of 50 rounds of .40S&W.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:41 pm 
mudpuppy wrote:
kennedy wrote:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemList ... genumber=2
I buy some stuff from these guys. I've been pretty happy with them.

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:33 am 
Pap's mirror

hey do any of you guys know of the range that is supposed to be up around Adams lake...north of Kendalville a little ways.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:29 pm 
PapsOldDually wrote:
hey do any of you guys know of the range that is supposed to be up around Adams lake...north of Kendalville a little ways.

Youngs longshot. in wollcotville it's 3955 south 500 east, wollcotville IN Decent range. Have fun.

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:10 pm 
Pap's mirror

oh its not for me. was asking for boarderbm

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:13 pm 
It's posted. For whomever may need it.

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:52 pm 
Baby puncher

Went camping in Mongo last night...pretty decent place if ya ask me. They have a range too :)

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:27 pm 
Love Mongo! Great canoeing, Good camp site, good shooting range, great archery range, and drunk friendly enough! :eyebrows:

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:49 pm 
Has a castrated raccoon

I guess I'll jump in now... as far as the chatter about CC permits, the lifetime is a no-brainer. I got mine as soon as they were offered and don't have to worry about expiring again. Can't say the same for my DL. I let that one go a week over due :oops:

As far as the plinking, I have a 120 yard range next to a 12'x12' fire pit that y'all are welcomed to. If there is interest, the wife and I could put together a cookout/bonfire/shooting galla this summer friday :gun14: . I'll just be a spectator with the shooting though, if you haven't noticed, the price and availability of ammo is awful (thanks to the current administration) and against my better judgment - I'm in ultra-thrift mode with the ammo I have.

Let me know, or if anybody else want's to throw one, I'd be up for that too.

:halfmast:

AMSOIL DEALER http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1692873&page=store

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:27 am 
Pap's mirror

lowrpmtork wrote:
I guess I'll jump in meow... as far as the chatter about CC permits, the lifetime is a no-brainer. I got mine as soon as they were offered and don't have to worry about expiring again. Can't say the same for my DL. I let that one go a week over due :oops:

As far as the plinking, I have a 120 yard range next to a 12'x12' fire pit that y'all are welcomed to. If there is interest, the wife and I could put together a cookout/bonfire/shooting galla this summer friday :gun14: . I'll just be a spectator with the shooting though, if you haven't noticed, the price and availability of ammo is awful (thanks to the current administration) and against my better judgment - I'm in ultra-thrift mode with the ammo I have.

hey we saw ya the other day, there at Winchester & Dunkleburg. woulda waved but my brain was a little sunburnt and it took a min for it to set in that it was you guys. we were in the blue JK.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:13 am 
Has a castrated raccoon

PapsOldDually wrote:
lowrpmtork wrote:
I guess I'll jump in meow... as far as the chatter about CC permits, the lifetime is a no-brainer. I got mine as soon as they were offered and don't have to worry about expiring again. Can't say the same for my DL. I let that one go a week over due :oops:

hey we saw ya the other day, there at Winchester & Dunkleburg. woulda waved but my brain was a little sunburnt and it took a min for it to set in that it was you guys. we were in the blue JK.

yup, we saw you after the fact. we were on our way to redi-med (again) and Stef said she thought it was you but I was in a hurry to get stitches in my finger and Moe's in my belly.

AMSOIL DEALER http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1692873&page=store

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:25 am 
Pap's mirror

lowrpmtork wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:
lowrpmtork wrote:

yup, we saw you after the fact. we were on our way to redi-med (again) and Stef said she thought it was you but I was in a hurry to get stitches in my finger and Moe's in my belly.

lol what did ya do? :?

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching