Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching

Post subject: 6-26 meet
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:57 pm 
Jeeper in IN

i know i dont have much say since i dont show up till late but since it was mentioned anyone want to go to halls? or would it be to crowded with the muscle car guys?

*i do like the patio at hooters but my gf wont come cuz she absolutly hates that place

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post subject: Re: 6-26 meet
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:19 pm 
Ya don't want to eat at halls

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:21 pm 
Jeeper in IN

oh i love the place! big buster and onions rings yum

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 pm 
Eat at your own risk

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:24 pm 
spackled

boarderbm wrote:

OK, what we really need is a list of "Boarderbm approved" places to eat.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:26 pm 
Jeeper in IN

AMXtogo wrote:
boarderbm wrote:

OK, what we really need is a list of "Boarderbm approved" places to eat.

i was thinking the same thing. but at least with halls he can prob stop at wendys and bring it and noone would care. but fri night jeeps and muscle cars doesnt sound like a bad idea

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:30 pm 
spackled

04willys wrote:
i know i dont have much say since i dont show up till late but since it was mentioned anyone want to go to halls? or would it be to crowded with the muscle car guys?

*i do like the patio at hooters but my gf wont come cuz she absolutly hates that place

Since I might actyually make it this week, I'll throw in my 2 cents.
The patio at Hooters is nice, but the food's expensive and the service is slow, and it's gonna be ninety in the shade.
You're never gonna get Brad off of the patio.
I'd be up for Don Chaves, or Hall's, or King Gyros, or Sonics, or Checkers, or 4Ds, or The Venice, or ????
(most of those or not "Boarderbm approved")

Sorry, I don't have a good picture of the "dead horse" pic.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:33 pm 
Usually won't say anything if it's fine but if I know it's nasty I'll say something. Just lookin out for ya all! Not sure how that place passes inspections from the board of health. I'd rather go looking for food In a dumpster. And only go to the king gyros on Jefferson

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:34 pm 
spackled

i was thinking the same thing. but at least with halls he can prob stop at wendys and bring it and noone would care. but fri night jeeps and muscle cars doesnt sound like a bad idea[/quote]

I would be up for that...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:42 pm 
The last boy scout

mmmmmmmmmmm don chavas

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:42 pm 
Jeeper in IN

boarderbm wrote:
Usually won't say anything if it's fine but if I know it's nasty I'll say something. Just lookin out for ya all! Not sure how that place passes inspections from the board of health. I'd rather go looking for food In a dumpster. And only go to the king gyros on Jefferson

lol ya if you've ever worked in food you prob can tell a million stories. anyone like lone star steak house? DONT EAT THE SALAD. but what you dont know wont hurt you every food establishment has there own dirty little secrets. i choose not to learn them

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:01 pm 
spackled

"every food establishment has there own dirty little secrets. i choose not to learn them"

I do appreciate the input, but it may not sway my opinion.
Most of the places I love to eat at are on the "Boarderbm Black List" and I've been goin' to them for years with no issues. Maybe I've just built up an immunity from constant exposure to whatever's in their food.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:25 pm 
got a barn boner

me like my hooters, patio, beer and cigar... :cheers: smoke what can i say...

"If it’s more than two shakes you are playing with yourself"

I don't have to be careful, I've got a gun! - Homer Simpson

Square Head Lights Let The World Know You Are Cool.

"Just knowing me gets you 50 cool points" So Sayeth the wodog

95 yj rio, 2" body lift, 15 to 20 gal. gas tank conversion, Hella hb2 head lights. More on the way, Dear Dad send $$$...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:34 pm 
Well 10 years in the Army and eating the stuff I have , Honestly I dont really care anymore. I was at Hall's off of Lima and Coliseum and it was fun, but alas the guy from Baseline4x4 and myself were the only Jeepininin people there, I think it would change things up, I am down to go and I would bring a few more Jeep guys.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:54 pm 
spackled

04willys wrote:

How late is late?
If we show up with a little mud on the Jeeps, we can probably part the sea of muscle cars, just like Moses :? They'll be scared.
We can all :thewave: at Brad on the way by :HootersChick:.
Can we make this official, and see who shows up?

Last edited by AMXtogo on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:29 pm 
Halls is the muscle car guys place, i dont mind goin there and lookin, but im not gonna try and take over the joint. More than likely itll just stir shit. I dont mind hooters, but it is expensive and the girls there normally arent all the brightest (hmm...wonder why). I didnt like don chavas, just not a mexican food kinda guy...or really anything other than your good ol' American entrees. Just my choice in food. But more than likely, ill be where the Jeeps be...maybe even in the YJ! Gotta get it outta the garage by saturday so i can make some side money, maybe ill even get it road worthy for friday night

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:38 pm 
I vote Friday at 6 PM park at Hall's, and hang out eat some rat burgers and fried cockroaches , I am down!!!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:16 pm 
spackled

xjryder wrote:
I vote Friday at 6 PM park at Hall's, and hang out eat some rat burgers and fried cockroaches , I am down!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there @ 6, in the CJ if I get it back on the road by then, otherwise it'll be the XJ.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:48 pm 
would like to see the CREAPY basement

We might be at Hall's also.

It is always funny till someone gets hurt.
Than it's hilarious

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:54 pm 
Jeeper in IN

im scheduled off at 7pm but i can be out of there anywhere between 6 to 9 depending on business. and what dick said about stirring some shit is what im worried about. but im up for giving halls a shot so many people go to halls to look at cars maybe it'll bring some new faces to the board by sitting our jeeps at halls too and if they tell us to leave we can go visit brad at hooters :tu2:

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:32 pm 
Barefoot by the pool

With the weather being so nice I think it's even better for certain (and I know not many can) few people could have a gathering or fire at a home, and everyone bring what they want to eat. Cheaper..... ?? Dunno. Either way. We're at a wedding Friday evening but will be around later perhaps. :acclaim:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:57 pm 
Jeepgyrl wrote:
With the weather being so nice I think it's even better for certain (and I know not many can) few people could have a gathering or fire at a home, and everyone bring what they want to eat. Cheaper..... ?? Dunno.:

agree Bill, (Tell Ozzy), and I were talking about that! I have a few acres, a fire pit, and enough parking for 20 or so jeeps! My wife was talking about wanting to have a bonfire soon. If it's byob, we could host one soon. I would rather do a keg, but the money isn't there right now. Maybe I'll post about something before long, one way or the other!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:58 am 
:? :? :? where :? :? :? :?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:33 am 
kjeepb95 wrote:
:? :? :? where :? :? :? :?

Me? I live about 5 miles due East of New Haven.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:58 am 
About stirring shit with the car guys, I personally think that if we respect what they have going on and we don't come at it with a "We are taken you spot" then I think everyone will be cool. Just my thoughts. I'm up for Halls

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:58 am 
I at no time what anything bad to happen, and to co-exist with the muscle car guys(since I used to be one) I love seing different veiws on the same subject cars/ jeeps. I will be there to hang out and have a good time looking forward to Friday see everyone there.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:54 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

I heard they just built a Culver's up there in Fort Wayne. You guys should do a meet and great up there. They have some Awesome Burgers. Ask Tom

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:18 am 
got a barn boner

Blue wrote:
I heard they just built a Culver's up there in Fort Wayne. You guys should do a meet and great up there. They have some Awesome Burgers. Ask phantom plugger

95 yj rio, 2" body lift, 15 to 20 gal. gas tank conversion, Hella hb2 head lights. More on the way, Dear Dad send $$$...

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:57 pm 
spackled

philbert001 wrote:
Jeepgyrl wrote:
With the weather being so nice I think it's even better for certain (and I know not many can) few people could have a gathering or fire at a home, and everyone bring what they want to eat. Cheaper..... ?? Dunno.:

agree Bill, (Tell Ozzy), and I were talking about that! I have a few acres, a fire pit, and enough parking for 20 or so jeeps! My wife was talking about wanting to have a bonfire soon. If it's byob, we could host one soon. I would rather do a keg, but the money isn't there right meow. Maybe I'll post about something before long, one way or the other!

Sounds like you guys are talking about a bonfire for a future Friday, correct?
I don't often get off work on Friday nights, but I am off this week, sooo...

After Hall's, this Friday, 6-26, everyone's welcome to come over to our place, We are 1 mi. away on Wells Street. Bonfire pit, 2 acres, swimming pool. I have other projects going on this weekend so it won't be anything fancy, just BYOB, bring a folding chair, a swimsuit (if your shy). I plan on being back here about 9.
PM me for directions or phone number. Kelly

Last edited by AMXtogo on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 pm 
The last boy scout

hey I'm lookin at havin one sometime soon too if anybody would be interrested in comin out to Arcola. Firepit, no neighbors always kid friendly. Bring Your Own Meat and I'm glad to man the grill.......................

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:13 pm 
Jeeper in IN

we would could host one but we cant have a fire since we are in the city limits but that dont stop us from sitting around and having some drinks and getting together with great people.we live about a block north of west state pizza hut.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:39 pm 
the city ordinance is a controled fire on the property, with other things like a hose, fire extinguisher, which I have so I always am down to burn stuff. BYOB, playing drunk Mario Kart on the 50 inch, wrenching in the shop so plenty of fun. and we have 2 trampolines, and BB guns and 1 motorcycle helmet so no one gets shot in the eye(the nuts maybe) ROC can attest to this.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:55 pm 
Pap's mirror

xjryder wrote:
the city ordinance is a controled fire on the property, with other things like a hose, fire extinguisher, which I have so I always am down to burn stuff. BYOB, playing drunk Mario Kart on the 50 inch, wrenching in the shop so plenty of fun. and we have 2 trampolines, and BB guns and 1 motorcycle helmet so no one gets shot in the eye(the nuts maybe) ROC can attest to this.

fire must be in one of those fire cage type things where it is covered and contained all the way around. at least thats what we told everyone and thats what the paperwork we handed out when we were called out on the FD.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:40 pm 
fd told me it had to be mobile and have a cover

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:09 pm 
spackled

Been doin' bonfires here on Wells street since '97, right across the street from the Juvinile Justice Center. I do know the ordinance. Have also been told "off the record" just keep it reasonable. As long as they don't get a complaint, they're not gonna come out and hassle you. We've even had the city's finset show up, on occaision. Checked the kids out for under age drinking, (all were good) and never said a word about the fire.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:18 pm 
Pap's mirror

AMXtogo wrote:
Been doin' bonfires here on Wells street since '97, right across the street from the Juvinile Justice Center. I do know the ordinance. Have also been told "off the record" just keep it reasonable. As long as they don't get a complaint, they're not gonna come out and hassle you. We've even had the city's finset show up, on occaision. Checked the kids out for under age drinking, (all were good) and never said a word about the fire.

right. most wont say a word unless there is a problem with the fire its self.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:55 pm 
My neighbors is cool they like fire LOL , Ok back to the 6 pm Hall's at Lima and Coliseum, are the Jeepin guys and Gals saying lets try the place out and have a good meet and greet.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:24 pm 
spackled

xjryder wrote:
My neighbors is cool they like fire LOL , Ok back to the 6 pm Hall's at Lima and Coliseum, are the Jeepin guys and Gals saying lets try the place out and have a good meet and greet.

At least some of us are. Anyone else is welcome to join us at Hall's at 6ish, followed by a bonfire at 9ish, 'til ? If you're not into the food at Hall's, pickup something else on your way in. hope to see you there :eyebrows:

I assume Brad will be at :HootersChick:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:23 am 
got a barn boner

AMXtogo wrote:
xjryder wrote:

At least some of us are. Anyone else is welcome to join us at Hall's at 6ish, followed by a bonfire at 9ish, 'til ? If you're not into the food at Hall's, pickup something else on your way in. hope to see you there :eyebrows:

I assume Brad will be at :HootersChick:

yep i'll be at hooters warbird and cigar in hand, but you guys have fun, try not to show up the muscle car guys to much,,,no flexing on their cars!!!hahahahah....

i dont know what i'll be doing after hooters so if you could pm direction to the bonfire, maybe i'll stop by...and maybe not i dont know right now...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:32 am 
Jeeper in IN

well hope yall stay out there. ill be at halls as soon as i can like i said before anytime between 6 to 9

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:03 pm 
Pap's mirror

ok guys even tho this should go without having to be said, i'm going to.when you guys go up there tonite you are going up there representing the whole group. so please dont go out wheelin and go THERE covered in mud. those guys have way more time and money in their cars then most of our guys have in 2 or 3 jeeps put together. the last thing we need is for someone to sling mud or rocks into one of those cars. these guys have been hanging out up there longer then this group has even been together. so just keep that in mind please.

thanks guys. have fun and enjoy.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:00 pm 
spackled

PapsOldDually wrote:
ok guys even tho this should go without having to be said, i'm going to.when you guys go up there tonite you are going up there representing the whole group. so please dont go out wheelin and go THERE covered in mud. those guys have way more time and money in their cars then most of our guys have in 2 or 3 jeeps put together. the last thing we need is for someone to sling mud or rocks into one of those cars. these guys have been hanging out up there longer then this group has even been together. so just keep that in mind please.

You're not gonna make it then?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:42 pm 
might bring out the o'll cornhole for whoever wants to throw around some bags. bonfire afterwords on wells st. can you see the house from the street? i know approamently where it is.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:43 pm 
Pap's mirror

AMXtogo wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:

You're not gonna make it then?

not sure kelly. may swing up but not at 6. pm greasy sphincter addy please.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:20 pm 
Tang Soo

If you go to Halls...make sure you buy something from them, i.e. food or at least a drink. That lot gets busy and full quickly and the only thing that they are the most concerned with is that you buy something from them so that you aren't filling their lot up and costing them business (this comment mainly for the stop at wendys before going to halls comments). And the muscle car guys kind of police their own there, fyi, they realize how much of a previlage it is to be able to stop there and hang out and don't want it ruined.

mac 'otherwise there are some sweet cars up there' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:20 am 
spackled

Thanks to everyone who made it out. Hope you all enjoyed it.
Met a few new faces. A few more times and I'll acually be able to match the face to the name to the screen name! :cheers:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:39 am 
That was a fun time , but I think Mike was Jealious of the Tahoe with a 5 ft. lift it dwarfed his lol, anyway Hall's was awsome and they give free refills, Thanks to all who came out and Bryan your XJ is a biooootch. Vaccuum line Som bitch

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:27 am 
AMXtogo wrote:
Thanks to everyone who made it out. Hope you all enjoyed it.
Met a few new faces. A few more times and I'll acually be able to match the face to the name to the screen name! :cheers:

Thanks for havin us! :tu2: Glad I made it out! :eek2:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:30 am 
xjryder wrote:
That was a fun time , but I think Mike was Jealious of the Tahoe with a 5 ft. lift it dwarfed his lol, anyway Hall's was awsome and they give free refills, Thanks to all who came out and Bryan your XJ is a biooootch. Vaccuum line Som bitch

I had a great time at Hall's! Jeepin buddies to meet, Hot cars to drool on, And an 80's GM nazi chick with a front butt, and big hair! lmao

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:43 am 
Pap's mirror

xjryder wrote:

hells yeah! id wheel it...till it flopped over on its side.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:41 am 
would like to see the CREAPY basement

Had a good time at Hall's and a great time at the bonfire. Thanks for the ride on the R/R tracks.

It is always funny till someone gets hurt.
Than it's hilarious

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Meets and Greets / Wrenching