Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How often
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:50 pm 
Offline
Male nurse in training
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:03 am
Posts: 1006633
Location: Fort wayne
How often should you change your spark plugs?

_________________
2016 JKU with some stuff


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:22 am 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29263
Location: Omokok, NI
depends on alot of factors. Check your owners/service manual. But I would usually say around 50k.

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:15 pm 
Offline
Jeeper in IN

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:17 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Who Knows
It also helps if your vehicle doesn't run rich too.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:30 pm 
Offline
trained to drive the choo choo
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:21 pm
Posts: 2765
Location: In the laboratory
Didn't you take automotive classes?

_________________
Brawndo! It's got electrolytes!


My mind is like a steel trap, everything that goes in comes out mutilated.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:40 pm 
Offline
Male nurse in training
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:03 am
Posts: 1006633
Location: Fort wayne
I can change them, just didn't know how often you should change them

_________________
2016 JKU with some stuff


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 pm 
Offline
Jeeper in IN
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:00 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Fort Wayne IN.
my 04 tj manual says 30k


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:15 pm 
Offline
Giggling Little Schoolgirl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:29 pm
Posts: 2471
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
on the older cars at work we recomend them every 30k

_________________
just another TJ on 35's...
full custom "Get Bent Kustoms" roll cage
very slow 1 ton project in the works...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:38 am 
Offline
Tang Soo
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:34 am
Posts: 2727
Location: NE Indiana
have you changed them since you owned the jeep? how long have you owned the jeep?

i run bosch plats in all my junk, they work well for me and are pretty affordable...

the jeep mechanic that we used to hang with like the champions...said that the 4.0 like them too...

i have never had good luck with champions...

and when you change your plugs always always always always buy the premium high quaility spark plug wires, don't go cheap...and a cap a rotor...

i just changed all that in my baby xj and i have noticed an improvement in gas mileage.

mac 'always doing maintenance on something' gyvr

_________________
NAXJA president
NAXJA Midwest Chapter president
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:06 am 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29263
Location: Omokok, NI
Sparky wrote:
on the older cars at work we recomend them every 30k


but thats a stealership service department, so ofcoarse they wanted it done sooner than it needs to be...

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:26 am 
Offline
trained to drive the choo choo
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:21 pm
Posts: 2765
Location: In the laboratory
93XJMan wrote:
I can change them, just didn't know how often you should change them


No, didn't you guys talk about that?

_________________
Brawndo! It's got electrolytes!


My mind is like a steel trap, everything that goes in comes out mutilated.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:30 am 
Offline
Male nurse in training
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:03 am
Posts: 1006633
Location: Fort wayne
Scout-Matt wrote:
93XJMan wrote:
I can change them, just didn't know how often you should change them


No, didn't you guys talk about that?


Half the teachers down there are dicks, so we may have I don't know.

_________________
2016 JKU with some stuff


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron