Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: snow plow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:46 pm 
Offline
Paul Bunyan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Posts: 1297
Location: Indiana
I've got a co-worker looking at a 2002 jeep with a straight six...sorry I missed what kind of jeep...anyhow-he's looking for a snow plow for it. Know of any good websites or places to go for a jeep snow plow?

_________________
-Forest
DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:06 pm 
Offline
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:39 pm
Posts: 108714
Location: about 3miles east of Luther, IN
I have a meyer ST-90 I am willing to part with. Setup for a CJ.

_________________
I got a dirty mind, a gutter mouth, I'm makin time, I'm going out with your wife.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:27 pm 
Offline
Paul Bunyan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Posts: 1297
Location: Indiana
Watchamaklit wrote:
I have a meyer ST-90 I am willing to part with. Setup for a CJ.


would it work for something as new as an 02? how much are you looking to get out of it?

_________________
-Forest
DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:41 pm 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29263
Location: Omokok, NI
It could be made to work on a TJ... just have to modify the frame slightly.
try www.plowsite.com and www.letstalksnow.com
If when you sign up, they ask if you had a referal, my s/n's are Kenned81, and Kennedy, respectively.

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:12 pm 
Offline
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:39 pm
Posts: 108714
Location: about 3miles east of Luther, IN
$800 full setup with switches and a slick stik. New cutting edge, hoses, connectors, pins, plow markers and motor last year.

_________________
I got a dirty mind, a gutter mouth, I'm makin time, I'm going out with your wife.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:56 am 
Offline
Paul Bunyan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Posts: 1297
Location: Indiana
i'll let you guys know as soon as i hear back from him.

_________________
-Forest
DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm 
Offline
Paul Bunyan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Posts: 1297
Location: Indiana
kennedy wrote:
It could be made to work on a TJ... just have to modify the frame slightly.
try www.plowsite.com and www.letstalksnow.com
If when you sign up, they ask if you had a referal, my s/n's are Kenned81, and Kennedy, respectively.


what do you mean, modify the frame? This guy is apprehensive in modifying his frame...so what would it entail to hook it up? Oh-he did go ahead and buy this 2002 TJ - completely stock - straight six - for 10.4.

_________________
-Forest
DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:48 pm 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29263
Location: Omokok, NI
I meant modify the plows frame that bolts to the Jeeps frame. I wouldn't want modify the Jeeps frame either.

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:02 pm 
Offline
Paul Bunyan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Posts: 1297
Location: Indiana
kennedy wrote:
I meant modify the plows frame that bolts to the Jeeps frame. I wouldn't want modify the Jeeps frame either.



ohhh, haha-my bad. Would the plow frame need to be widened? That wouldn't be too difficult-just get spacer plates and longer bolts...right?

_________________
-Forest
DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:05 pm 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29263
Location: Omokok, NI
Gump01 wrote:
kennedy wrote:
I meant modify the plows frame that bolts to the Jeeps frame. I wouldn't want modify the Jeeps frame either.



ohhh, haha-my bad. Would the plow frame need to be widened? That wouldn't be too difficult-just get spacer plates and longer bolts...right?


I'm not sure what the differences are off hand between the TJ and CJ frames, but I'm sure some modifications would need to be done.
I wouldn't just use spacers and longer bolts though, the plow frames absorb alot of stress...

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:50 pm 
Offline
Paul Bunyan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Posts: 1297
Location: Indiana
Watchamaklit wrote:
$800 full setup with switches and a slick stik. New cutting edge, hoses, connectors, pins, plow markers and motor last year.


don't know if you've been talking to my co-worker, but none-the-less, do you have pics of your plow...so I might get an idea of what kind of fab work would be necessary?

_________________
-Forest
DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:09 pm 
Offline
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:39 pm
Posts: 108714
Location: about 3miles east of Luther, IN
Gump01 wrote:
Watchamaklit wrote:
$800 full setup with switches and a slick stik. New cutting edge, hoses, connectors, pins, plow markers and motor last year.


don't know if you've been talking to my co-worker, but none-the-less, do you have pics of your plow...so I might get an idea of what kind of fab work would be necessary?

This is before all the new parts...

Image

Lower Mount Drivers side
Image

Lower Mount Passenger side
Image


The pump and light assembly slides into the frame rails on a CJ. I have since cut off the brackets for the lights but still have them. It is a great setup for a CJ. I am not sure on the frame width and such for a TJ but I am sure it could be made to work fairly easily.

_________________
I got a dirty mind, a gutter mouth, I'm makin time, I'm going out with your wife.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:15 pm 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29263
Location: Omokok, NI
thats an interesting set up going to the springs like that.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/eztransfer ... ehicle.asp

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:22 pm 
Offline
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:39 pm
Posts: 108714
Location: about 3miles east of Luther, IN
kennedy wrote:
thats an interesting set up going to the springs like that.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/eztransfer ... ehicle.asp

I was not the first with this idea. I stole it from a guy on plowsite/cjoffroad. He said he has been plowing for ~15yrs with his cj5 set up this way and loves it. I must concur it is awesome. It allows the springs to absorb alot of the major stress, rather than transfer it to the frame.

_________________
I got a dirty mind, a gutter mouth, I'm makin time, I'm going out with your wife.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron