Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech

Post subject: snow plow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:46 pm 
Paul Bunyan

I've got a co-worker looking at a 2002 jeep with a straight six...sorry I missed what kind of jeep...anyhow-he's looking for a snow plow for it. Know of any good websites or places to go for a jeep snow plow?

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post subject: Re: snow plow
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:06 pm 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

I have a meyer ST-90 I am willing to part with. Setup for a CJ.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:27 pm 
Paul Bunyan

Watchamaklit wrote:
I have a meyer ST-90 I am willing to part with. Setup for a CJ.

would it work for something as new as an 02? how much are you looking to get out of it?

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:41 pm 
Thread Necromancer

It could be made to work on a TJ... just have to modify the frame slightly.
try www.plowsite.com and www.letstalksnow.com
If when you sign up, they ask if you had a referal, my s/n's are Kenned81, and Kennedy, respectively.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:12 pm 

$800 full setup with switches and a slick stik. New cutting edge, hoses, connectors, pins, plow markers and motor last year.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:56 am 
Paul Bunyan

i'll let you guys know as soon as i hear back from him.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm 
Paul Bunyan

kennedy wrote:
It could be made to work on a TJ... just have to modify the frame slightly.
try www.plowsite.com and www.letstalksnow.com
If when you sign up, they ask if you had a referal, my s/n's are Kenned81, and Kennedy, respectively.

what do you mean, modify the frame? This guy is apprehensive in modifying his frame...so what would it entail to hook it up? Oh-he did go ahead and buy this 2002 TJ - completely stock - straight six - for 10.4.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:48 pm 
Thread Necromancer

I meant modify the plows frame that bolts to the Jeeps frame. I wouldn't want modify the Jeeps frame either.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:02 pm 
Paul Bunyan

kennedy wrote:
I meant modify the plows frame that bolts to the Jeeps frame. I wouldn't want modify the Jeeps frame either.

ohhh, haha-my bad. Would the plow frame need to be widened? That wouldn't be too difficult-just get spacer plates and longer bolts...right?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:05 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Gump01 wrote:
kennedy wrote:

ohhh, haha-my bad. Would the plow frame need to be widened? That wouldn't be too difficult-just get spacer plates and longer bolts...right?

I'm not sure what the differences are off hand between the TJ and CJ frames, but I'm sure some modifications would need to be done.
I wouldn't just use spacers and longer bolts though, the plow frames absorb alot of stress...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:50 pm 
Paul Bunyan

Watchamaklit wrote:
$800 full setup with switches and a slick stik. New cutting edge, hoses, connectors, pins, plow markers and motor last year.

don't know if you've been talking to my co-worker, but none-the-less, do you have pics of your plow...so I might get an idea of what kind of fab work would be necessary?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:09 pm 

Gump01 wrote:
Watchamaklit wrote:

don't know if you've been talking to my co-worker, but none-the-less, do you have pics of your plow...so I might get an idea of what kind of fab work would be necessary?

This is before all the new parts...

Lower Mount Drivers side

Lower Mount Passenger side

The pump and light assembly slides into the frame rails on a CJ. I have since cut off the brackets for the lights but still have them. It is a great setup for a CJ. I am not sure on the frame width and such for a TJ but I am sure it could be made to work fairly easily.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:15 pm 
Thread Necromancer

thats an interesting set up going to the springs like that.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/eztransfer ... ehicle.asp

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:22 pm 

kennedy wrote:
thats an interesting set up going to the springs like that.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/eztransfer ... ehicle.asp

I was not the first with this idea. I stole it from a guy on plowsite/cjoffroad. He said he has been plowing for ~15yrs with his cj5 set up this way and loves it. I must concur it is awesome. It allows the springs to absorb alot of the major stress, rather than transfer it to the frame.

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech