Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:04 pm 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29257
Location: Omokok, NI
Find out here:
http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title9/ar19/









(this could probably be a good sticky)

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:58 pm 
Offline
Cliché Master

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:33 pm
Posts: 5344
Location: Peru, In
ya... i'm over 18...

_________________
http://www.clowntowncycles.net


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:19 pm 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29257
Location: Omokok, NI
jkirisits wrote:
ya... i'm over 18...




:doh:

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:37 am 
Offline
Likes dudes pitching tents
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:54 pm
Posts: 3015172
Location: Sky's Divide
My backup lights aren't legal. :thing: :thing:

_________________
"I saw his body and it was smelling real bad and I'm searching for some applesauce and I see him and I'm like, dang," -- Tyrezz Sawyer

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:34 am 
Offline
Feeds people vomit
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:10 pm
Posts: 6282
Location: West Lafayette, IN
I like that you can have no more than 2 fog lights

_________________
'78 CJ7 project....350, NV3500, NP241, fiberglass tub, show and shine
'72 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible - the family fun car
'05 Chevrolet 3500 dually, duramax, stock
'05 Honda Odessey awesomevan
'08 Chevrolet HHR company car - The silver bullet

Whatever....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:14 am 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29257
Location: Omokok, NI
Chuck wrote:
I like that you can have no more than 2 fog lights


haha, yeah.... ask my roommate about that one...

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:12 pm 
Offline
Dirty tranny

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 1829
Location: ft wayne, indiana
wouldnt have thought about it if i didnt see this post

:flipoff2: iam over 18 also

good lookin out though ty

_________________
REMEMBER:
BE GOOD!
AND IF YOU CAN'T
BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:31 pm 
Offline
Baby puncher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:26 pm
Posts: 3510
Location: LEO
actually 16 is legal...depending upon what were talkin about...

Hey robert...about your steering wheel modification...

IC 9-19-10.5-2
Installation of object in place of complying inflatable restraint system
Sec. 2. A person may not knowingly or intentionally install in a motor vehicle, as part of the motor vehicle's inflatable restraint system, an object that does not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard Number 208 (49 CFR 571.208) for the make, model, and year of the motor vehicle.
As added by P.L.248-2003, SEC.3 and P.L.265-2003, SEC.3.

IC 9-19-10.5-4
Violations; installation; Class A misdemeanor; Class D felony
Sec. 4. A person who violates section 2 of this chapter commits a Class A misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class D felony if a person in a motor vehicle is injured as a result of the air bag tampering.
As added by P.L.248-2003, SEC.3 and P.L.265-2003, SEC.3.

_________________
03 WJ, IRO 4" Critical Path Long Arm, 265/75/16 KM2's, IceLand OffRoad high clearance winch bumper w/xrc8 winch.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:41 am 
Offline
freezes his batteries off
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:07 am
Posts: 1059
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
I'm not legal!! No back-up or plate light!! I am trying to figure out a clean look to solve the situation. I found some cool license plate lights that double as the bolts for the plate. I could really care less about back up lights.

_________________
Stomper/James


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:21 pm 
Offline
Jeeper in IN
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:26 am
Posts: 301
Location: Ft Wayne
99stompertj wrote:
I'm not legal!! No back-up or plate light!! I am trying to figure out a clean look to solve the situation. I found some cool license plate lights that double as the bolts for the plate. I could really care less about back up lights.



stock back up lights suck anyway

_________________
<img src="http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk55/swfd512/0510081509-1-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:30 am 
I think this puts us all out! to drive on the highway that is.


IC 9-19-4-1
Passenger cars originally equipped with bumpers; bumper height
Sec. 1. When operated upon a highway, a motor vehicle registered as a passenger car that was originally equipped with bumpers as standard equipment must be so equipped. The bumper height may not vary more than three (3) inches from the original manufactured bumper height for the vehicle.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:53 pm 
Offline
spackled
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:24 pm
Posts: 1186
boarderbm wrote:
I think this puts us all out! to drive on the highway that is.


IC 9-19-4-1
Passenger cars originally equipped with bumpers; bumper height
Sec. 1. When operated upon a highway, a motor vehicle registered as a passenger car that was originally equipped with bumpers as standard equipment must be so equipped. The bumper height may not vary more than three (3) inches from the original manufactured bumper height for the vehicle.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.


... but, I think this does not apply to trucks..... as long as you are registered as a truck and not as a passenger car. Plates cost a little more, but it might be worth it.

_________________
Lo mi. 78 CJ5, no rust, Lots of dents. 96 XJ 2dr.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:29 pm 
AMXtogo wrote:
boarderbm wrote:
I think this puts us all out! to drive on the highway that is.


IC 9-19-4-1
Passenger cars originally equipped with bumpers; bumper height
Sec. 1. When operated upon a highway, a motor vehicle registered as a passenger car that was originally equipped with bumpers as standard equipment must be so equipped. The bumper height may not vary more than three (3) inches from the original manufactured bumper height for the vehicle.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.


... but, I think this does not apply to trucks..... as long as you are registered as a truck and not as a passenger car. Plates cost a little more, but it might be worth it.

how hard is it to change from passenger plate to truck plate?


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:00 pm 
Offline
Giggling Little Schoolgirl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:29 pm
Posts: 2471
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
go to dmv and tell them you want to register it as a truck, that's what i did with mine. no big deal there.

_________________
just another TJ on 35's...
full custom "Get Bent Kustoms" roll cage
very slow 1 ton project in the works...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 pm 
Offline
Thread Necromancer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 29257
Location: Omokok, NI
Sparky wrote:
go to dmv and tell them you want to register it as a truck, that's what i did with mine. no big deal there.

:tu2:

_________________
Jeeper4Life wrote:
noone means any harm and that it's all in fun.. but then there's kennedy..

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are you Legal?
 Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:10 am 
Offline
Jeeper in IN

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:26 pm
Posts: 11
Location: Kendallville
I'm a lot more legal than I used to be. I have reverse lights and a license plate light now. I also put cj side mirrors on my yj. I was runnin with no mirrors at all when my doors were off. I still need a horn, windshield, rearview mirror, and rear side markers to be legal.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron