Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions

Post subject: Tri-State Wheelin' Suggestions
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:51 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I think this thread is long over due (okay, maybe a couple days). I know some want to meet and get ideas about how to make this place Jeep friendly. Let's start the suggestions as people get the chance.

First suggestion: A small rock or boulder trail. :? ...with some hills

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:45 pm 
mister wiskers

And a big rock stewn boulder trail with an attachable speed course through rocks and hillclimbs.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:51 pm 
MUD!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:42 am 
Jeeper in IN

hills,mud and trails would be great.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:34 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I love trails also. Mud is nice but not sure how I feel about rocks. I need to crawl a few first.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:34 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I know that I am kind of the minority here, but I would also like to see something that I can take my libby out on and not get stuck all the time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

just a bunch of rocks would be fine

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:30 pm 
Jeeper in IN

allot of different obstacles that people can go over or go around depending on how built there rig is. That would be good for people who have put extensive work in to there rides and those that are stock.

Dan
0lllllll0

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:45 pm 
im not a big rock person. Dont mind playin in mud too much. My favorite thing though is trail running through woods an such. Kinda like what most of giraffe genitals is. I like playin in water too if they got a creek on that property.

you should suggest that we might help cut trails an such for free/discounted admission

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:54 pm 
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Aub ... 8&t=h&z=16

Is this the place youre talkin about? Cuz if it is, there def. appears to be quite a bit of potential

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:23 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Well I personally just like to have a good time with my truck and with others. As for obstacles.... I enjoy giraffe genitals a lot as well and there is really not a lot there. Just some trails with mud. A few good hills. The water hazard over by the bridge everyone seems to like. I think some rock play would be good as well. Not sure how much the rock would cost to bring in though. Would not have to be major like trying to build a mountain or anything just some good size stones thrown together to climb. I also think something that will test your flex would be cool. Kind of like a stretch where one side goes up while the other is going down. Not sure if there is a name for it but I guess picture it as alternating triangles while the right side is up one the left would be down and between a pair. Your truck would either flex or tilt. Some of it in the woods would be great too. Also an open area just to mess around. Maybe some stuff just kind of tossed around like a pile of trees, maybe a few kind of large rocks, mybe we could make a flex tester in there as well. I think it is 20 degree climb if I remember right. That should be pretty simple to make.

I also think the idea of volunteering time would not be a bad idea. I think we would all be more apt to use it if we had a say and helped work on it's construction ourselves. That would be an individual preference but I have a lot of time on my hands so it would be easy for me to take time to help. I dunno, I also think being open more than one day a week might be a good thing too but I am sure that would be dependant on if they were getting enough business to justify opening it a second day during the week. Anyway, just some ideas I am sure I can and will come up with more but I am going to end this for now.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:29 pm 
Jeeper in IN

nobarrierz wrote:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Auburn,+IN,+USA&ie=UTF8&ll=41.413397,-84.885306&spn=0.00737,0.013218&t=h&z=16

Is this the place youre talkin about? Cuz if it is, there def. appears to be quite a bit of potential

Yep thats the place.

Dan
0lllllll0

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:51 pm 
DRA_LANE wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Auburn,+IN,+USA&ie=UTF8&ll=41.413397,-84.885306&spn=0.00737,0.013218&t=h&z=16

Yep thats the place.

how much of that virgin land is theirs? Do ya know by chance?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:26 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

Warhawk77 wrote:
I love trails also. Mud is nice but not sure how I feel about rocks. I need to crawl a few first.
but wouldnt you rather try it there then 3 1/2 hours away with the risk of breaking something?

Post subject: tri-state
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:01 am 
Dirty tranny

newbie no idea but am willing to help in anyway possible labor wise

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:39 am 
Jeeper in IN

Blue wrote:
Warhawk77 wrote:
but wouldnt you rather try it there then 3 1/2 hours away with the risk of breaking something?

I agree. When that is right when I break something I would like it to be close to home.

I would be glad to go up and help get the place ready. Just say when they need help

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:07 pm 
Jeeper in IN

nobarrierz wrote:
DRA_LANE wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:

Yep thats the place.

I don't know, but if you go by it being 30 acres then it almost be all of the virgin land. I measured it on googal earth an it came to 28 acres as a rectangle.

Dan
0lllllll0

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:31 pm 
Jeeper in IN

i'd be happy to help build and clear land as well a wheeling place that close to the fort would rock!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:22 pm 
DRA_LANE wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:
DRA_LANE wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:

Yep thats the place.

I don't know, but if you go by it being 30 acres then it almost be all of the virgin land. I measured it on googal earth an it came to 28 acres as a rectangle.

Ya, not big enough to be a good ORV park, but to get a "fix" i think there could be a bit done with the place. The price of admission would have to reflect the small size though, i would think.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:34 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I like the rock strewn boulder trail idea. :tu2: Also would be willing to help out, just need to be after little league season.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:06 am 
Jeeper in IN

Was there yesterday, not a bad place. Not a ton to do right now but they seem very interested still in making something we are going to enjoy. I stuck around for about 20 minutes or so and talked to the lady and her son after everyone else had taken off. They definately have enough earth moving equipment and things to make anything we want to see and they seemed open to the idea of volunteer help. To the skeptics I would say talk to them one day or go out and take a look around. They have a lot of room to expand and are willing to do it for us if we are willing to use it. I was a bit skeptical at first as well but after being there and talking with them I believe they are sincere in what was said. Was told the son knows a way he may be able to get some rocks/boulders from en excavating company brought out. If it is made out of dirt it will be easy for them to build up now.

I hope we can show them we are sincere in our desire to have someplace legal to wheel closer to Ft. Wayne since they seem sincere in making a place enjoyable for us to go. I know it will never be the same as badlands but it can be mad a lot of fun and worth the money and short drive. They also said if enough people start making regular trips they will start opening concessions for us so we will not have to worry about taking food or drinks. It is simple really, they need the money, we need a place to wheel. They do their own improvements so the only real cost to them on that is time and money to run the equipment. Anyway, I had fun yesterday as did Nat who got to drive the Bronco. Hope more can start making the trip too. :tu2:

Post subject: Re: Tri-State Wheelin' Suggestions
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:36 pm 
Pervert Row

Suggestion: POST PICS!

'98 Xj - Call it anything, but a Chero-Car... :flipoff2:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:35 pm 
trained to drive the choo choo

I have been riding past this several times, and been wondering about the for sale sign. Finally I stopped to look. 44 acres of heavily wooded land, and a lake. I think the lake was 4 acres. $675,000 :eek2: But it is just 3 or 4 miles north of Dupont, so very close to town.

Punch this into Google maps, it's the dark square in the middle. 41.249048, -85.074821

My mind is like a steel trap, everything that goes in comes out mutilated.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:02 pm 
Has a castrated raccoon

Any updates on this?

AMSOIL DEALER http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1692873&page=store

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:53 pm 
Pap's mirror

yeah they shut down!

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:29 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

PapsOldDually wrote:
yeah they shut down!

That was quick. What happened?

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:50 pm 
Pap's mirror

he posted up a while ago that he didnt have enough interest in it and was shuting down the jeep/tk side of it. i think he was still gonna do the atv part tho.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions