Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions

Post subject: Where are these places like giraffe genitals etc located?
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:49 am 
I always hear you guys talking about these places but where exactly are they? address or somthin

and this place on lower huntington i think it was wheres that? little help please i really wana go. getting antsy.

Post subject: Re: Where are these places like giraffe genitals etc located?
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:48 pm 
web wheeling is off the hook!!!

giraffe genitals is at the corner of airport expressway and bluffton road if you are heading south on bluffton road you take your last right that you can take before airport expressway like your going to the little car dealership. wen you get to the dealership you head west down a little road and there it is. (dont go alone)
the place on lower huntington road just dont go there. burlington is well behind burlington coat factory on Illinois road you drive behind the building and drive around the fence. BEWARE: thats one of the places most likely to get caught. if you do go there again dont go alone.

1987 comanche 4bangin 4x4 (stock for now)
2007 powerwheels jeep unlimited

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:36 pm 
so why is it called giraffe genitals. adn don't go alone cause ull get stuck? sorry i just don't know much about these places but would like to try em out. thanks for greasy sphincter imput. any other places around?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:39 pm 

yeah you will get stuck. and im not sure why its called that

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:46 pm 
giraffe genitals, as in giraffe genitals or nestle or hot chocolate comes to mind

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:21 pm 

kellyd469 wrote:
giraffe genitals, as in giraffe genitals or nestle or hot chocolate comes to mind

i dont think of hot chocolate when i go wheelin :?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:35 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Bryan wrote:
kellyd469 wrote:

i dont think of hot chocolate when i go wheelin :?

Mud is brown, hot chocolate is brown, poop is brown.. :?

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:32 pm 
Pap's mirror

kellyd469 wrote:

very good little woman. the big building in front of it maybe 20 yrs ago was the giraffe genitals drink warehouse. :tu2:

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:49 pm 
interesting...never knew that about giraffe genitals! Thistle park, wasnt it called that too?

I have a hairy ass(hahaha), chances of getting stuck, especially if your not rolling on a decent lift or 35s are pretty good, and you shouldnt wheel alone anyway. Good rule.

Burlington, not much there. Can be fun for a quick fix, but dont stick around. Cops and ambulances like to hang out in the back of burlingtons lot. Also, the location is extremely visible from both illinois and hillegas, as well as 2 car dealerships, two strip malls, and a fitness facility.

The place on lower huntington, i went to scope it out once to see if i wanted to wheel there. Place looks like tons of fun, but i saw at least 10-15 trucks out there, with they're drivers all pulled out and surrounded by several police and a transport van...i decided for myself it wasnt a good place to wheel right then, and several others will tell ya the same for the same reason. also very visible from at least 2 roads.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:09 pm 
Jeeper in IN

boarderbm wrote:
I always hear you guys talking about these places but where exactly are they? address or somthin

and this place on lower huntington i think it was wheres that? little help please i really wana go. getting antsy.

I would really like to go soon. I havent been out there in a while. who wants to go? call 260-466-3005 mike

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:01 am 
Likes redheads from Disneyworld

It seems that any of these places are AT YOUR OWN RISK. I suppose you are even more screwed if you would break something, even if you have a buddy there.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:33 am 
Definitely all at your own risk. As well as "you have been warned" Theres really no where around here to wheel legally, which sucks

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:12 am 
freezes his batteries off

giraffe genitals gets its name from when the big warehouse there used to be owned by NESTLE. It had a big sign on the front that said, giraffe genitals. Defininitly don't go it alone just in case you would get stuck really good. Also DO NOT go out by GM!! You will most likely get caught and they usually do not give out warnings from what I hear. Burlington is another place that seems to attract cops when wheelin back there.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:32 pm 
it would be nice for everyone not saying it would ever happen but if we all pitched in and together bought a piece of property. the liability would be out of the question for one and we could make it what we wanted. get a bobcat and go at it..... it would be a long stretech and atleast 20k but just an idea.... or incorporate it into a yearly membership fee...

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:58 pm 

:eek2: FEE???? im out :o

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:59 pm 
boarderbm wrote:
it would be nice for everyone not saying it would ever happen but if we all pitched in and together bought a piece of property. the liability would be out of the question for one and we could make it what we wanted. get a bobcat and go at it..... it would be a long stretech and atleast 20k but just an idea.... or incorporate it into a yearly membership fee...

The big problem with that is whos name does it go under. Whos pays taxes. If ppl start backing out, someones gonna be stuck with a plot of land. And if there are any neighbors nearby, and they are unsatisfied with noise, etc. then ya got a whole new world of problems.

Im all for it, dont get me wrong. Theres just a lot to it that i think a lot of ppl dont wanna deal with.

But if anyones interested, the lots behind burlington are for sale, as well as the old woodson facility. You would have a shop and land to play on

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 pm 
well i know it would not be easy to do and never said it would work, but there arn't any places to go around here thats safe. would be a nice buisness idea however. someone buys property and makes it into just an offroading hot spot. mabey just have a coverage fee and have everyone sign a liability note. would be like the easyiest buisness ever! and could be there for generations to come.just a thought.....

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:26 pm 
haha, ya theres been talks of it. I myself was looking into it and talkin with somebody else on the board about it when i had a potential source for some money. It all comes down to permits and insurance. And neither are cheap. Even if you have a written and signed liability waiver, there are still ways around them and people can still sue. Thats why ya gotta have insurance. Not to mention just to cover your ass as well if something happens to the property. And permits to do things, gotta keep the place clean so EPA doesnt freak, just little odds an ends come together to make big probs.

Im really not trying to be a downer, i just have a very realistic mindset. I overthink everything to every possible little detail i can come up with, then i research the best i can with what i can find to see how well itll play out and how to go about it. It wouldnt be easy, thats for sure.

Check this out
http://www.fourwheeler.com/featuredvehi ... index.html

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:59 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

nobarrierz wrote:
boarderbm wrote:

The big problem with that is whos name does it go under. Whos pays taxes. If ppl start backing out, someones gonna be stuck with a plot of land. And if there are any neighbors nearby, and they are unsatisfied with noise, etc. then ya got a whole new world of problems.

Im all for it, dont get me wrong. Theres just a lot to it that i think a lot of ppl dont wanna deal with.

But if anyones interested, the lots behind burlington are for sale, as well as the old woodson facility. You would have a shop and land to play on

not to mention liability ...if someone got hurt on the property

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:23 am 
Likes redheads from Disneyworld

I would think you are going to have to get out of town to do anything. I would think a woods on a farm would be more ideal, but you still have the liability and purchase costs. You would also have to limit who goes there as far as them trashing the place. That is what happens to any govt. land that has allowed wheelin' in the past, like the reservoirs. You also have to look at what has been done at Tri-state. They had the area, but not local enough for everyone. How do you get a spot for everyone to get to easy? just my $.02

I would show up if anyone wants to try it. I would even pay the yearly fee.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:14 am 
Likes dudes pitching tents

nobarrierz wrote:
interesting...never knew that about giraffe genitals! Thistle park, wasnt it called that too?

I have a hairy ass(hahaha), chances of getting stuck, especially if your not rolling on a decent lift or 35s are pretty good, and you shouldnt wheel alone anyway. Good rule.

Burlington, not much there. Can be fun for a quick fix, but dont stick around. Cops and ambulances like to hang out in the back of burlingtons lot. Also, the location is extremely visible from both illinois and hillegas, as well as 2 car dealerships, two strip malls, and a fitness facility.

The place on lower huntington, i went to scope it out once to see if i wanted to wheel there. Place looks like tons of fun, but i saw at least 10-15 trucks out there, with they're drivers all pulled out and surrounded by several police and a transport van...i decided for myself it wasnt a good place to wheel right then, and several others will tell ya the same for the same reason. also very visible from at least 2 roads.

You should see if O'Daniels would be willing to fund a local offroading spot. :)

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:54 am 

Alpine wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:

You should see if O'Daniels would be willing to fund a local offroading spot. :)

:2up:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:38 pm 
Bryan wrote:
Alpine wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:

Believe me, i wish they would! But with business right now i doubt theyd put that money aside. We havent had more than 2 cars a day per tech to work on, and thats just petty things like oil changes, tires, etc. Its bad right now.

However, i was planning on giving them an idea of maybe purchasing all the burlington land, since it is right behind the ODaniel Automart location and for sale. They could use it to demonstrate Jeeps ability to possible customers or existing customers. Then on Jeep Jam they could hold it there. Not to mention they could fence it in, charge customers or whatnot a cheap yearly fee, and let them use it at will. But in the end it all comes down to liability and the few people that would ruin it for everyone. But dont worry, ill make mention of the idea while we are tearing up the ditch to prepare for Jeep Jam.

"Wouldnt it be so much cooler if instead of just this tiny drainage ditch we had a whole plot of land to demonstrate the capability of these Jeeps?"

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:10 pm 

nobarrierz wrote:
Bryan wrote:
Alpine wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:

Believe me, i wish they would! But with business right meow i doubt theyd put that money aside. We havent had more than 2 cars a day per tech to work on, and thats just petty things like oil changes, tires, etc. Its bad right meow.

However, i was planning on giving them an idea of maybe purchasing all the burlington land, since it is right behind the ODaniel Automart location and for sale. They could use it to demonstrate Jeeps ability to possible customers or existing customers. Then on Jeep Jam they could hold it there. Not to mention they could fence it in, charge customers or whatnot a cheap yearly fee, and let them use it at will. But in the end it all comes down to liability and the few people that would ruin it for everyone. But dont worry, ill make mention of the idea while we are tearing up the ditch to prepare for Jeep Jam.

"Wouldnt it be so much cooler if instead of just this tiny drainage ditch we had a whole plot of land to demonstrate the capability of these Jeeps?"

:tu2: :2up: :tu2: :2up: :2up: :beavis2:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:38 pm 
in a dream world dick....liability blah blah blah...
picture this...
a man has a midlife crisis, always wanted a jeep nd goes for a test drive at the new ODZ offroad "test-drive" area...cant get outta bed the next day cuz his old ass shoulda stuck with the caddy, but not realizing how hard wheelin can be on your back :acclaim: BIG MONEY

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:49 am 
Jeeper in IN

kellyd469 wrote:
in a dream world dick....liability blah blah blah...
picture this...
a man has a midlife crisis, always wanted a jeep nd goes for a test drive at the new ODZ offroad "test-drive" area...cant get outta bed the next day cuz his old ass shoulda stuck with the caddy, but not realizing how hard wheelin can be on your back :acclaim: BIG MONEY

Well Kelly,

You are right on the money!! :eyebrows:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:38 pm 
well thats why i said in that post, it all comes down to liability. They arent going to want to be liable for any damages that happen due to use of the land. Thats the biggest killer for any potential offroad facility

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:11 pm 

a signature should be able to fix that shouldn't it. i mean that's how tristate did it. i know nothing about laws and such but if a lawyer rights up a good release of liability. is there loop holes or something?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:18 pm 
from what ive read while researching about starting parks and such, even with liability waivers they can still sue. How i dont know, but today you can sue for anything it seems. That, and the insurance that you need on such a park is extremely expensive due to the nature of the activity. Like ive said, its all because of the few jerks that when they screw up and get hurt, they go after anyone they can for money. If everyone just had the mindset of its my fault, i chose to do this, i knew the risks, im to blame, not the park, employees, other wheelers, etc. Thats how it should be. If you wreck your rig or get hurt or anything, its your responsibility, not theirs. They are just merely supplying a legal place for you to do it, and that should be respected and appreciated.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:55 pm 

nobarrierz wrote:
from what ive read while researching about starting parks and such, even with liability waivers they can still sue. How i dont know, but today you can sue for anything it seems. That, and the insurance that you need on such a park is extremely expensive due to the nature of the activity. Like ive said, its all because of the few jerks that when they screw up and get hurt, they go after anyone they can for money. If everyone just had the mindset of its my fault, i chose to do this, i knew the risks, im to blame, not the park, employees, other wheelers, etc. Thats how it should be. If you wreck your rig or get hurt or anything, its your responsibility, not theirs. They are just merely supplying a legal place for you to do it, and that should be respected and appreciated.

i could only dream of a world like that.

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions