Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions

Post subject: 2009 April Fools Run @ the Badlands
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:28 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I know it's still 2 months away, but I'm just getting the ball rolling here, for me and for everyone else.
Looks like April 1st is on a Wednesday this year...So It's looking like most everybody's up for the first weekend in April. Most people only wheel Saturday, I'll probably be wheeling both days.

:tu2:

Last edited by Drew on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 2009 April Fools Run
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:48 pm 
Where ?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:07 pm 
its still up in the air for me. Im wanting to wait for my brother to get back from Iraq to take him on a trip. all i know right now is he is back in april, so maybe the weekend after april 1st will work....but i still dont know when he will be back for sure.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:12 pm 
Pervert Row

kjeepb95 wrote:
Where ?

Prolly the Badasslands...

'98 Xj - Call it anything, but a Chero-Car... :flipoff2:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Simms wrote:
kjeepb95 wrote:
Where ?

Prolly the Badasslands...

You're giving them to much credit!

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14 pm 
Pap's mirror

kjeepb95 wrote:
Where ?

we have 2 runs a yr to the badlands. 1 is the april fools run...around april 1. last yr we did it the 1sr weekend after the 1st. just depends. and the 2nd, is our turkey run thats done the 1st weekend after thanksgiving.
nobarrierz wrote:
its still up in the air for me. Im wanting to wait for my brother to get back from Iraq to take him on a trip. all i know right meow is he is back in april, so maybe the weekend after april 1st will work....but i still dont know when he will be back for sure.

dick. i will be holding out to go down with you and your brother if he wants to do a trip. if not then we can plan our trip after that

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:36 pm 
weekend after works for us

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:46 pm 
PapsOldDually wrote:
kjeepb95 wrote:
Where ?

we have 2 runs a yr to the badlands. 1 is the april fools run...around april 1. last yr we did it the 1sr weekend after the 1st. just depends. and the 2nd, is our turkey run thats done the 1st weekend after thanksgiving.
nobarrierz wrote:
its still up in the air for me. Im wanting to wait for my brother to get back from Iraq to take him on a trip. all i know right meow is he is back in april, so maybe the weekend after april 1st will work....but i still dont know when he will be back for sure.

dick. i will be holding out to go down with you and your brother if he wants to do a trip. if not then we can plan our trip after that

Right on, jus waitin to see what he says. I dont want anyone to miss the april fools run just to go with me though

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:57 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

I was going to announce it once we found out what was going on with the brother. I cant do it on the weekend before, But i can on the weekend after. so more than likely that was going to be the weekend we go. the 3rd 4th and 5th
Drew wrote:
I know it's still 2 months away, but I'm just getting the ball rolling here, for me and for everyone else.
Looks like April 1st is on a Wednesday this year...So I'm leaning toward the last weekend in March, Saturday's the 28th. Most people only wheel Saturday, I'll probably be wheeling both days.

Post subject: Re: 2009 April Fools Run @ the Badlands
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:39 pm 
Baby puncher

I plan on attending, probably wheeling saturday and sunday, maybe staying friday and saturday nights. no more one day wheeling and back shit, wheeling, party our asses off, then wheelin again!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:52 am 
Male nurse in training

Put me down as a maybe, just one day for me though Boogers and shit!! (maybe I can get talked into stayin both days)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:51 pm 
Jeeper in IN

mudpuppy wrote:
I plan on attending, probably wheeling saturday and sunday, maybe staying friday and saturday nights. no more one day wheeling and back shit, wheeling, party our asses off, then wheelin again!!

Right on :2up:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:46 pm 
what it was before for all i care

I'll have to see if the Jeep comes back in one piece from Winterfest and if it streetable by then i may go...So put me down as a maybe, but doughtfull...

for whoever wanted Mac's d30 that is in the back of my jeep come bring him a fifth of Jack so i can get that damn thing out of there...LOL

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:17 pm 
Jeeper in IN

i will be going (depending on court and if i get full custody of my son) i am probably gonna go down with dick hopefully it falls on same weekend. but for you guys that are gonna stay over night where are you plannin on staying?

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:44 pm 
Jeeper in IN

we're probably gonna get a room at the Inn

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:09 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

I get a room at the casa del hale...its cheep...lol

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:08 pm 
Baby puncher

and it's no longer in the ghetto!! I may be camping, but that's totally dependant on weather.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:41 pm 
Jeeper in IN

we camped last year...the weather was great, but it still got pretty cold at night.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:20 am 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

I am gonna try and make this one. What about making it a tribute run for dicks brother instead of the april fools day run? We could schedule it when he can go and all go then.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:24 am 
Watchamaklit wrote:
I am gonna try and make this one. What about making it a tribute run for dicks brother instead of the april fools day run? We could schedule it when he can go and all go then.

I dont want everyone to schedule around us. Its not even sure when hes gonna be home, or if he is gonna go. A lot of ppl want his time the few days hes home lol. It would be neat though.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:37 pm 
Pap's mirror

i called out to the badlands today...the 200 acre area, the old "mission impossible" is $500 a day to rent. if we had enough ppl...17...rigs to go we could rent that for the day!...$30 apiece.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am 
Jeeper in IN

talk to the wife and there is a rel good chance we can make it.mike what is the old mission impossible?also we would probable wheel on saturday stay the night and leave sunday morning.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:42 am 
Pap's mirror

mctaz2000 wrote:
talk to the wife and there is a rel good chance we can make it.mike what is the old mission impossible?also we would probable wheel on saturday stay the night and leave sunday morning.

i dont know. never been in it. MAC has. it is just an area that is now open to the public through reservation only. its another part of the park that has always been closed off to everyone. it would be like a groups own private wheelin place for a day...but it is a guided trl run which means we have to pay one of the ppl that works there to take us through it.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:25 am 
Thread Necromancer

I've road through MI with Macgyver. Its pretty challenging. And at that, I'd say you'd have to be locked with atleast 33s, if not 35s. There are certain areas in there too that if you break down, you aren't getting out until its fixed and can do so under its own power.
I'd just say that before you guys commit to renting out MI that you be sure your rigs are cabable, I'm sure they have minimum requirements.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:32 am 
Pap's mirror

kennedy wrote:
I've road through MI with Macgyver. Its pretty challenging. And at that, I'd say you'd have to be locked with atleast 33s, if not 35s. There are certain areas in there too that if you break down, you aren't getting out until its fixed and can do so under its own power.
I'd just say that before you guys commit to renting out MI that you be sure your rigs are capable, I'm sure they have minimum requirements.

thats what i was thinking but i figured that maybe since they opened it up to everyone and said that they have made some changes that maybe they put in some less built friend trails. seems like every time i call out there to talk to someone about it, they only have 1 person that works for them that knows anything about it and she just happens to be gone every time.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:05 pm 
Has a castrated raccoon

We have a 90% of going. It's the end of the crumb-snatcher's spring break and would be the first real adventure in the JK :elephant: The only hang-up is finding a sitter for the dogs and Mr. Coonie.

Also, we are still totally stock rollin' on GY SRA's, soooooo, you guy's have to promise not to leave us behind when we get stuck :crybaby2:

Would anybody be camping Friday and/or Saturday?

AMSOIL DEALER http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1692873&page=store

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:20 pm 
Pap's mirror

eh, you'll be ok for the most part.just have to watch gettin high centered with that big long turd. mine has been there 4times and we have pretty much walked thru most of it.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:27 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I'm gonna pass on the MI trail...Although, I am gonna spend more time exploring some of the more difficult sections and spend less time standing around in the Quarry...Anybody else feeling the same way??

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:58 pm 
saint bernarded

mudpuppy wrote:

yeah, i freakin agree...... anyone up for silver lake this summer too??? I gotta sell my jeep jeep and get a new (older) one first, but if so im up for it!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:20 pm 
Has a castrated raccoon

yatejn01 wrote:
anyone up for silver lake this summer too??? I gotta sell my jeep jeep and get a new (older) one first, but if so im up for it!!!

That sounds fun too, but to avoid a possible :ThreadHijack: why don't you start a new thread and/or poll for a Silver Lake run. We'd be up for it :2up:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:26 pm 
Pervert Row

Drew wrote:
I'm gonna pass on the MI trail...Although, I am gonna spend more time exploring some of the more difficult sections and spend less time standing around in the Quarry...Anybody else feeling the same way??

X2

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:56 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

I just want to make it through with out breaking something.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:25 pm 
Pap's mirror

Blue wrote:

next time someone says ...hey wes dont think your gonna be able to make that 1... maybe it should be looked at b4 trying it. dont get me wrong tho, i didnt mind helpin ya fix it. it was kinda interesting.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:29 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

well I have been there twice and no breakage yet. so im hoping none this weekend, and none on fools day
PapsOldDually wrote:
Blue wrote:

next time someone says ...hey wes dont think your gonna be able to make that 1... maybe it should be looked at b4 trying it. dont get me wrong tho, i didnt mind helpin ya fix it. it was kinda interesting.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:24 am 
saint bernarded

i just wanna go wheeling, but i gotta sell red and get a new one (doesnt matter what it is, under 3 grand with a 6 cylinder... hint hint)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:29 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

yatejn01 wrote:
i just wanna go wheeling, but i gotta sell red and get a new one (doesnt matter what it is, under 3 grand with a 6 cylinder... hint hint)

sorry I got to get way more than 3 grand for mine....lol

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:43 am 
saint bernarded

Blue wrote:
yatejn01 wrote:

sorry I got to get way more than 3 grand for mine....lol

i know how youve abused it, id pass on buying lol :flipoff2:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:32 am 
Jeeper in IN

Blue wrote:
well I have been there twice and no breakage yet.

Hmm....wasn't there an issue with a front driveshaft in a creek one day???

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:03 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

Drew wrote:
Blue wrote:
well I have been there twice and no breakage yet.

Hmm....wasn't there an issue with a front driveshaft in a creek one day???

Yes and I was there twice after with no breakage. I was there yesterday, cant say I broke any thing par say, but it wasn't incident free though. I had a spring drop twice, and a spacer come off, but no real breakage.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:07 pm 
Jeeper in IN

you'll be an old pro at that place by the time April rolls around...scope out some good stuff for us!!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 pm 
Luigi

me and the wife will be there and i will also have a couple of ATVs with me. you will see me in my little ole ZJ on 31's

2" rear BB
31x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
16"x10" w/ 4.25 Backspacing Rockcrawler Rims
http://www.HoosierTruckClub.com
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:29 am 
Likes redheads from Disneyworld

I am scheduled to work the weekend after APRIL 1. If there is a big group going again, I would like to make arrangements to go. I agree with Nick about staying down there before or after, being in the Jeep 12 or so hours during Turkey run made for a long day!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:03 pm 
Baby puncher

I will be there, and have already made reservations to stay at the attica inn. So yeah...guess there will be a little bit of partying there. I tried to make reservations at the eagles nest lodge, which looks REALLY nice but they are booked.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:23 pm 
Male nurse in training

So the official dates for this are April, 3rd,4th and 5th?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:17 pm 
ill be down april 4th and 5th

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:09 pm 
likes red monkey ass

I'll be there, meet at upper parking lot @ 9am?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:43 am 
Jeeper in IN

ill aslo be there april 4th and 5th staying at the attica in

badyjman wrote:
I'll be there, meet at upper parking lot @ 9am?

i believe were going to get there about 9

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:37 am 
Baby puncher

I am planning on goin to the hotel as soon as we get there and unloading a few things if you guys that are staying there want to meet up there.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:45 pm 
mudpuppy wrote:
I am planning on goin to the hotel as soon as we get there and unloading a few things if you guys that are staying there want to meet up there.

How much ya bringin? Ill be stayin at the hotel, but im headin straight to the park.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:16 pm 
Baby puncher

I'd like to drop off a cooler and my clothes, just so if I sink it again I'll have dry clothes back at the hotel. No sense in wheelin with all that shit back there. There wont be much room with the tools, spare parts, and extra fluids and whatnot.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:20 am 
mudpuppy wrote:
I'd like to drop off a cooler and my clothes, just so if I sink it again I'll have dry clothes back at the hotel. No sense in wheelin with all that shit back there. There wont be much room with the tools, spare parts, and extra fluids and whatnot.

Ya, i told ya what i needed to though. Im sure he wont mind

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:16 pm 
Pap's mirror

we're out guys. i just cant justify us spending the money on a wheelin trip right now with me still being laid off and her only workin part time. we were really lookin forward to goin on this one to. the last trip we made was last yrs AFR. oh well theres always another day.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:09 pm 
Pervert Row

I'm goin...Looks like I'll have my Dad with me on saturday, rollin back home that evening, then bringin the lil lady with me sunday...Gonna get A LOT of seat time over the 4th and 5th... friday

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:02 pm 
Jeeper in IN

mudpuppy wrote:

hey nick check in times probably wont be till 11 or later if you want to throw your stuff in the back of my truck thats fine ill have dick and crispys stuff in there

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:04 pm 
04willys wrote:
mudpuppy wrote:

hey nick check in times probably wont be till 11 or later if you want to throw your stuff in the back of my truck thats fine ill have dick and crispys stuff in there

lol, i told him to ask you if he could...guess thats a yes nick

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:54 pm 

I believe I am in. I plan to drive down Saturday morning and stay at the Attica Inn Saturday night. Then head out Sunday morning. If anyone else want to Jeepavan you are more than welcome at either time.

Maybe we can borrow Alan's GPS if he isn't using it :flipoff2: :doh:

I Just made my reservation for Saturday Night. Look forward to having a great time! :cheers: friday

He said he would put us all together the best he could as we check in at the INN.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:50 am 
Baby puncher

they asked since they weren't gonna be that busy if i wanted to check in in the morning, afternoon, or evening. but it's fine, i can throw my junk in your truck. You're trailoring your turd down right? If so sweet...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:13 am 
Jeeper in IN

mudpuppy wrote:
they asked since they weren't gonna be that busy if i wanted to check in in the morning, afternoon, or evening. but it's fine, i can throw my junk in your truck. You're trailoring your turd down right? If so sweet...

im assuming your talking to me? yes the trailer is finally fixed there isnt anything i havent replaced yet on that trailer all i need to do is title and plate it and its good to go (IT BETTER BE) but fyi if anything gets stolen not my fault! but i dont see that happening so lets have a good time and lets get my heep fixed! :tu2:

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:50 pm 
04willys wrote:
mudpuppy wrote:

im assuming your talking to me? yes the trailer is finally fixed there isnt anything i havent replaced yet on that trailer all i need to do is title and plate it and its good to go (IT BETTER BE) but fyi if anything gets stolen not my fault! but i dont see that happening so lets have a good time and lets get my heep fixed! :tu2:

well keep the truck locked and i dont see why we would have a problem with theft.

Anyone, i was talkin with Nick, and my plan is to pretty much get there, check in, air down, and hit the trail. dont really wanna sit around too much, tryin to get in 2 full days of wheeling provided nothing breaks. I imagine with so many people saying they are going we are prolly gonna have to split up anyway in order to actually be able to get things done, so if anyone is ready to just go right away when we get there, im down.

Oh, and i have a room reserved at the inn for saturday. Jus waitin to see if i need a passenger, the girlfriend may not be able to make it

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:45 am 
Pervert Row

Thats Drew and I's plan...

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:15 pm 
Baby puncher

I may have a passenger seat available as well...still unsure at this point

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:56 pm 
Luigi

i got a passenger seat a the bench seat in the back open...

if you see a green zj out there on 31inch baja claws and the driver in a red crows seed hat with a goatee its, me feel free to honk cause i sure wont know what any if you guys look like. i know i will be accompanied with some atv's and a red yj and a purple tj.

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:20 pm 
jeepzj9304 wrote:

if you see a green zj out there on 31inch baja claws and the driver in a red crows seed hat with a goatee its, me feel free to honk cause i sure wont know what any if you guys look like. i know i will be accompanied with some atv's and a red yj and a purple tj.

look for the jeepininin stickers on the sides if they are still visible lol. My yjs kinda noticeable if its still kinda clean too, yellow with white all over lol

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:34 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

jeepzj9304 wrote:

Why dont you guys meet us in the upper lot. Ill have a big black and blue tj, with black flames on the hood. and most uf us have a jeepininin sticker on the side in the shape of the state

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:36 am 
Luigi

i might just have to meet up with you guys then.

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 am 
Male nurse in training

jeepzj9304 wrote:
i might just have to meet up with you guys then.

Hey dude, sorry I haven't replyed back to your PM. I'll be down at the badlands for the AFR. Please do meet up with us, I'll be in the green YJ with "Jeeps4ever.com" across the windshield. :tu2:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:19 pm 
Luigi

awesome... i hope i got my lift by then. turns out my tax check is taking longer than expected. damn the IRS

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:06 pm 
ok, i do have a passenger now. they are gonna let Chrissy have the days off

Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:37 am 
Male nurse in training

nobarrierz wrote:
ok, i do have a passenger meow. they are gonna let Chrissy have the days off

Rock on, Hopefully kari's work lets her get that weekend off too Boogers and shit!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:58 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I'm a very tentative yes :-) I'm in the, get in, unload, air down and hit orange group :-) I know orange wasn't mentioned, but i'm up for a good time right off the get go!

I need to order gears tomorrow, and install them and my tank, put the CB in and i should be ready.

'05 Honda Odessey awesomevan
'08 Chevrolet HHR company car - The silver bullet

Whatever....

Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:45 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
I'm a very tentative yes :-) I'm in the, get in, unload, air down and hit orange group :-) I know orange wasn't mentioned, but i'm up for a good time right off the get go!

Yay Chuck!!!! Right Awwn

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:47 pm 
were in

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:16 pm 
kjeepb95 wrote:
were in

sweet! 2 days? where ya stayin

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:49 am 
Feeds people vomit

Gears and install kit ordered yesterday :-)

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:16 am 
nobarrierz wrote:
kjeepb95 wrote:
were in

In the old tent make it feel like summer

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:17 pm 
Jeeper in IN

kjeepb95 wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:
kjeepb95 wrote:
were in

In the old tent make it feel like summer

maybe ten heaters later and tons of blankets lol

dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:58 pm 
Male nurse in training

welp kari and me got a room at that attica hotel that nick and dick are stayin at. So we are officially wheeling two days. Now just gotta make sure kari's work lets her have the time off.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:22 pm 
95YJMan wrote:
welp kari and me got a room at that attica hotel that nick and dick are stayin at. So we are officially wheeling two days. meow just gotta make sure kari's work lets her have the time off.

sweet!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:12 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I'm in, On vacation this week and hopefully I'll get
everything done!!!!

02 silverado2500 hd

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:41 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Update, we've got 4 and hopefully 5 coming from lafayette!

Gump is the only one on the board that's in our group from laf.

Fritz - CJ7 on 33's
Wild Bill - CJ7 on 35's
Forest (Gump01) - CJ5 on 33's
Me - TJ on 35's locked

hopefully my father in law
Pipes - CJ7 on 35's

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:16 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Roll Call!!!!!!

Wes - TJ 37's
Nick -TJ 33's
Drew - YJ 33's
Jonny B - XJ 31's
Beez - XJ 36's?
BadYJman - YJ 33's?
O4Willys - TJ 33's
Dick - YJ 35's
Alan - YJ 31's
TommyChunk - TJ 33's
Kjeepb95 - TJ 35's?
Jeepzj9304 - ZJ 31's
Fritz - CJ7 on 33's
Wild Bill - CJ7 on 35's
Chuck - TJ on 35's locked
Pipes - CJ7 on 35's

Dave ????
Chaz ???
LowRPMtorq ???

Last edited by Drew on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:21 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

Drew wrote:
Roll Call!!!!!!

Wes - TJ 37's
Nick -TJ 33's
Drew - YJ 33's
Jonny B - XJ 31's
Beez - XJ 36's?
BadYJman - YJ 33's?
O4Willys - TJ 33's
Dick - YJ 33's
Alan - YJ 31's
TommyChunk - TJ 33's
Kjeepb95 - TJ 33's?
Jeepzj9304 - ZJ 31's
Fritz - CJ7 on 33's
Wild Bill - CJ7 on 35's
Pipes - CJ7 on 35's

Dave ????
Chaz ???
LowRPMtorq ???

holy huge group batman! looks like we may need to have a few groups out there.

Heres the plan. We all meet up in the upper lot. Then head out to the quarry for some group pics then split up into groups...hows does that sound?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:25 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

or if we can get everyone in a group shot in the lot thats fine with me as well

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:42 pm 
Pervert Row

Sounds like 3 groups to me...

Blue - Your idea sounds good...But I can't see waiting on people as long as we did last year...If someone that is there early and was going to wait on everyone to get there, that person could either have a phone # for someone in the group(s) that head on out or find out what channel they're runnin and cordinate a meeting in the quarry a lil later in the day...Then the people that are waiting on the rest to show up will have something to play on while they wait...Or stand around a BS...

When people stop to have a BS session or have more people tryin to fix a rig than can stand around it I tend to wonder around and look for trouble...Which I found last year...Anyone thats wheeled with me knows I tend not to stop for long, and have T.A.D.D. (Trail Attention Deficit Disorder)... :)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:18 am 
likes red monkey ass

I'll be there at opening both days.
I haven't been out it a little over a year, so I am going to green first thing to knock some rust off, and to introduce a newcomer to the badlands.
After green We'll probably play around in the quarry for an hour or two then go into town for some lunch. There is a diner that is awsome by the gas station. When we get back were going into orange, then finish off the day in the quarry.

Start off sunday on white, lunch, take a stab at pink (Boogers and shit!!), then run orange again.
Haven't been there since the new owners took over, hopefully they didn't change too much. I used to be able to get around pretty well without a map.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:35 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

there are alot of changes. you cant go in the old way to orange, and pink, got bloody, its now red, and i dont know where white is, so couldnt tell ya much about it

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:38 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

ok we do the group pic at lunch in the quarry before we head out for lunch....I hope noone is broken before hand

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:56 am 
hey now, in the roll call, ive got a yj on 35s not 33s lol

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:19 am 
Male nurse in training

LoL why do we have to include tire size on the list? Makes me feel small next to all the people with 33s and 35s. ah well, should be fun I'm looking forward too it. I've got stuff set in mind that I want to run, but I'm open to what you guys want to do.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:08 pm 
Pervert Row

Blue wrote:
ok we do the group pic at lunch in the quarry before we head out for lunch....I hope noone is broken before hand

Rodger that!...I'd like to eat lunch down there on the ridge by the pond...Last year saw some big boys playin and rollin thier shit...

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:19 pm 
nobarrierz wrote:
hey meow, in the roll call, ive got a yj on 35s not 33s lol

me too sorry Alen :)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:05 pm 
Pap's mirror

ok back to a small, possibly.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:25 pm 
Paul Bunyan

PapsOldDually wrote:

What's that? :? :tu2:

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 pm 
Paul Bunyan

Blue wrote:

hey now - lets not go jinxing people now...(I'm knocking on wood and praying hard....and carrying tools, hopefully a jack, and hopefully I'll remember a shackly mount. I've just got to figure out my cb....i may be going w/o one, since my jeep still wants to die whenever I talk, haha.

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:25 pm 
PapsOldDually wrote:

okay WOW that is a pretty damn small possibility

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:41 pm 
Pap's mirror

yup it is thats why i said small. dont know for sure yet.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:25 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Blue wrote:
ok we do the group pic at lunch in the quarry....

Sounds Good to me!!!

nobarrierz wrote:
hey meow, in the roll call, ive got a yj on 35s not 33s lol

Sorry, I was Thinkin 35's but typed 33's.....lots of people and 35-33-37-31-52's.....whatever

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:26 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Oh...yea, Anybody Campin???

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:29 pm 
Baby puncher

Tire sizes were posted to see what groups we want to split into. I know a few people I'd like to wheel with but there's no since in sticking someone in a group they can't follow. Most of the obstacles have another way around, so there shouldn't be a real big problem with it. I will probably eat lunch there...don't plan ahead enough to pack lunch plus these are pretty much the only vacations I take, so I'm eating the local fare.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:52 pm 
Pap's mirror

hey now, some of us little tire guys can hang and out do some of the bigger tire guys. i think the ole JK can hold its own....well that is as long as someone doesnt ry some kind of underwater wheelin again. im not gonna mention any names either...theres to many of them! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! :o

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:41 pm 
Pervert Row

gonna have to change mine...UP-GRADE...

LiL tire guys...Boogers and shit!!...I'll lead you boys...Ya'll gonna have to use yer own strap tho...I'm wearin mine out on Drew as it is! :flipoff2:

Na...I'm rollin with the biggest craziest mofo's I can...Just got my frame stiffeners today, but I don't think I'm gonna put them on till I get more shit to slap under the pile that some assbag talked me into... :doh:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:41 pm 
Pervert Row

oh and heres you're page three 2girls1cup stick...

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:24 pm 
likes red monkey ass

I really don't see tire size preventing anyone from running any trail out there. Might have to take a bypass around the rocks and deeper holes. Might keep ya away from Purgatory or pink though. I've seen a ZJ on 31" BFG AT's run everything out there.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:03 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Simms wrote:
Ya'll gonna have to use yer own strap tho...I'm wearin mine out on Drew as it is!

Just cause I aint skeerd to throw it in a big hole and git stuck.....I'm just lucky your little turd mobile has enough ass to pull me out :flipoff2:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:13 pm 
Thread Necromancer

I lead JKirsits down orange way back in the day when he had bald 29" street tires on his YJ.... like what was said above, there really isn't a trail there, with maybe the exception of pink and some of the quarry stuff a stock 4x4 couldn't make it down, with the combo of a good driver and/or spotter.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:52 pm 
Luigi

95YJMan wrote:
LoL why do we have to include tire size on the list? Makes me feel small next to all the people with 33s and 35s. ah well, should be fun I'm looking forward too it. I've got stuff set in mind that I want to run, but I'm open to what you guys want to do.

us guys with the 31s should hang together. my cb channel is 3 handle is Marc

lift ordered and should be here by then end of the week and had time to fab up a snorkel.

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 am 

Sounds like a great plan to me. I will meet you all somewhere on Saturday morning...lol

I will probably be leaving the Huntington area around 6am on US 24. Anybody is welcome to follow along.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:40 am 
Male nurse in training

I got two people with rubicons coming also, Barry and Joe and if you must know their tire size, Barry is running 33s and Joe is running 31s I believe, if not 31s then 33s.

tommy_chunk wrote:
Sounds like a great plan to me. I will meet you all somewhere on Saturday morning...lol

I will probably be leaving the Huntington area around 6am on US 24. Anybody is welcome to follow along.

Hey maybe we will run into each other again, and then pass everybody while Nick is taking a poop Boogers and shit!!

jeepzj9304 wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

lift ordered and should be here by then end of the week and had time to fab up a snorkel.

Right on buddy, I'm looking forward to meetin ya! My handle is Phat YJ or 95yjman, call me either Boogers and shit!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:41 am 
Pap's mirror

Simms wrote:
gonna have to change mine...UP-GRADE...

LiL tire guys...Boogers and shit!!...I'll lead you boys...Ya'll gonna have to use yer own strap tho...I'm wearin mine out on Drew as it is! :flipoff2:

Na...I'm rollin with the biggest craziest mofo's I can...Just got my frame stiffeners today, but I don't think I'm gonna put them on till I get more shit to slap under the pile that some assbag talked me into... :doh:

im not sure i would follow you to many places. that water hole last yr kind seem to get the best of there for a while.lol

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 pm 
Luigi

95YJMan wrote:
I got two people with rubicons coming also, Barry and Joe and if you must know their tire size, Barry is running 33s and Joe is running 31s I believe, if not 31s then 33s.

tommy_chunk wrote:

Hey maybe we will run into each other again, and then pass everybody while Nick is taking a poop Boogers and shit!!

jeepzj9304 wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

Right on buddy, I'm looking forward to meetin ya! My handle is Phat YJ or 95yjman, call me either Boogers and shit!!

what channel you on?

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:39 pm 
Thread Necromancer

my guess would be 4...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:40 pm 
Pap's mirror

95YJMan wrote:

tommy_chunk wrote:

jeepzj9304 wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

or peanut or walnut works too. :doh:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:31 pm 
Drew wrote:
Oh...yea, Anybody Campin???

yes we are

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:28 pm 
Pervert Row

badyjman wrote:
I really don't see tire size preventing anyone from running any trail out there. Might have to take a bypass around the rocks and deeper holes. Might keep ya away from Purgatory or pink though. I've seen a ZJ on 31" BFG AT's run everything out there.

Well hell, whats the point then? If I can do all of the BadLands on 31" street tires then they ought to rename and us not be bothered with it...Guess its from all those whiners that cry about not being able to go certain places and when they do an "easy trail" they would like the trees to be trimmed back atleast 5' off the trail...

Think I'm exaggerating? Read the forums over there!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 pm 
Luigi

Simms wrote:
badyjman wrote:

Well hell, whats the point then? If I can do all of the BadLands on 31" street tires then they ought to rename and us not be bothered with it...Guess its from all those whiners that cry about not being able to go certain places and when they do an "easy trail" they would like the trees to be trimmed back atleast 5' off the trail...

wouldnt that be a nature trail rather than actual wheeling?

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:26 pm 
lol, trimming trees, wheres the fun. Gotta bounce it off a few trees trunks before your havin any fun...right alan!

anyway...i dont kno i have a cb handle...i jus go by my name. ill be on whatever channel everyone else is

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:40 pm 
Male nurse in training

nobarrierz wrote:
lol, trimming trees, wheres the fun. Gotta bounce it off a few trees trunks before your havin any fun...right alan!

anyway...i dont kno i have a cb handle...i jus go by my name. ill be on whatever channel everyone else is

heck ya, my hard top has the battle scars of many trees Boogers and shit!!.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

Updated Roll Call!!!!!!

Wes - TJ 37's maybe 2 days?
Nick -TJ 33's 2 days
Drew - YJ 33's 2 days
Jonny B - XJ 31's 2 days
Beez - XJ 36's?
BadYJman - YJ 33's? 2 days... Plus has a friend with too
O4Willys - TJ 33's
Dick - YJ 35's 2 days
Alan - YJ 31's 2 days
TommyChunk - TJ 33's 1 day, but staying the night
Kjeepb95 - TJ 35's? 2 days Camping
Jeepzj9304 - ZJ 31's
Fritz - CJ7 on 33's
Wild Bill - CJ7 on 35's
Pipes - CJ7 on 35's
Berry - TJ on 33's 2 days???
Tom - TJ I think he has a TJ 2 Days???
Joe - TJ on 33's??? 2 Days????

Dave ????
Chaz ???
LowRPMtorq ???

Did I miss anyone? Do I have the stays right? Looks like a party at the Inn

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:11 pm 
Luigi

what will be the designated jeepininin channel so we all will beable to get ahold of each other, cause i will tune into that instead of being on my channel.

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:49 pm 
Feeds people vomit

jeepzj9304 wrote:
what will be the designated jeepininin channel so we all will beable to get ahold of each other, cause i will tune into that instead of being on my channel.

Since i'm the first to respond....i get to pick!! CHANNEL 22

that way i don't have to change mine :)

Whatever....

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:38 am 
Baby puncher

i'd prefer something closer to 9...lol. every time i shut the jeep off i have to reset the channel anyway. There will probably be no partying for me at the inn...I'm getting 3 wisdom teeth pulled on the 31st, so I assume I'll be on some decent drugs.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:20 am 
Pervert Row

Chaz is a no go unless someone has an open spot on a trailer...

And I'm tryin to get my hands on some 33's damn it!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 am 
what it was before for all i care

Simms wrote:
Chaz is a no go unless someone has an open spot on a trailer...

yup, what he said... :tu2:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:07 am 
freezes his batteries off

I may go, but I am not certain. If I do go it will only be for Saturday. I really want to go, but I have a number of Saturday's scheduled off and another one may piss my el conquistador off!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:37 pm 
Luigi

another thing is you can put me down for 2 days.

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:58 am 

95YJMan wrote:

tommy_chunk wrote:

jeepzj9304 wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

I believe I have met Tom and Joe. When will you fellas be passing through?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:08 pm 
So, we meetin anywhere again like Turkey Run, and what time? Those from Ft. Wayne area at least

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:22 am 
Pap's mirror

tommy_chunk wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

tommy_chunk wrote:

jeepzj9304 wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

hey steve, tom and joe are not on this board. they are friends of barry. he is on here but never commits on the board.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:06 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Got my room reserved....across the Hall from the rest of you Clowns

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:51 pm 

PapsOldDually wrote:
tommy_chunk wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

tommy_chunk wrote:

jeepzj9304 wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

hey steve, tom and joe are not on this board. they are friends of barry. he is on here but never commits on the board.

Ok. I know Barry, Tom, and Joe then. I bought Joe's pool table and Barry and Tom went on the Turkey Run.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:28 pm 
Pap's mirror

yup those are the guys! :tu2:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:17 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Got my new fuel hose today....fixed MOST of the fuel leak, now i need a new sending unit (only $300), or $50 used on ebay....i'm going to puddy/epoxy the one in there to see if it'll stop seaping. If not, i'm out for saturday.....i'll know tomorrow morning if i'm in or not.

Chuckles

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:56 pm 
Luigi

rock sliderz and extended brake lines going on tomorrow. im already set but i just wanted more to do to the jeep. WOOT trip is coming fast. who is smuggling in alcohol well into the campsite

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:15 pm 

Should be lots of mud with all the rain they're getting over night!! Will make for an interesting time on the trails. Wish I had lockers!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:26 pm 
Has a castrated raccoon

we're out :crybaby2: maybe next time :fingerscrossed:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:08 pm 
jeepzj9304 wrote:
rock sliderz and extended brake lines going on tomorrow. im already set but i just wanted more to do to the jeep. WOOT trip is coming fast. who is smuggling in alcohol well into the campsite

I dont kno about there, but i imagine with how many of us are stayin at the inn that there will be a party there lol

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:32 pm 
Baby puncher

I'm bringin a case to the hotel. The campground doesn't care if you have alcohol as long as you aren't rowdy and keeping other campers up.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:04 am 

I am OUT for the trip. I have too much going on this weekend to be able to drive down and back! Man, I wish Attica was closer!

You all have fun and be safe! :eyebrows:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:58 am 
Paul Bunyan

I'm still in, and chuck let me know that his epoxyin' worked, so he's going. Sounds like everyone that he originally said from west lafayette are still going. My younger sister is riding shotgun...and maybe drivin some as well - be nice! (she has a nice heavy foot when it comes to offroading)

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:52 am 
Thinks He's Cool

I'll be there on a stealth black polaris sportsman 800 riding with a couple of guys with 400ex's.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:37 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Simms wrote:
would like the trees to be trimmed back atleast 5' off the trail...

Seriously?

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:47 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

ACE03 wrote:
I'll be there on a stealth black polaris sportsman 800 riding with a couple of guys with 400ex's.

so we need to look for a specific type of deer now

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:57 pm 
Pervert Row

Alpine wrote:
Simms wrote:
would like the trees to be trimmed back atleast 5' off the trail...

Seriously?

Na I made it up...

Hell yeah I'm serious!

Blue wrote:
ACE03 wrote:

so we need to look for a specific type of deer meow

I support Quad free wheeling too!

Got some loose ends tied up on the short bus, new Trac-Bar, mount, and brace...Also got the Prospector ready to haul The Refer, leakin fuel lines and some fluids...

See ya'll at lunch tomarrow!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:32 pm 
Paul Bunyan

Simms wrote:

forums over where? did i miss something?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:14 pm 

He's talking about the forums on the Badlands web site. There were some people on there asking about having some of the trails made wider.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:41 pm 
Paul Bunyan

99stompertj wrote:
He's talking about the forums on the Badlands web site. There were some people on there asking about having some of the trails made wider.

Ohhhh...I didn't even realize that the badlands had forums. You know...those whiners have a point...I'd hate to get my spray-painted john deere green body all scratched up... I'm passed the point of brush scratching my DD, but not my jeep :eek2: .

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:23 pm 
Barefoot by the pool

Hope everyone has a safe trip, and LOTSA fun. :) sure hope we can get the red one fixed and can run together as a family before the end of summer :doh:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:09 pm 
Luigi

im still in but only for saturday... cant find anyone to watch the dogs.

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:06 pm 
Male nurse in training

Kari and me are thinking about brining our Wii game system down if anyone is interested. We have a game called "Jeep thrills" its pretty cool.

Anyway we will see everybody down there! Lets a have a good, safe trip and back.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 am 
95YJMan wrote:
Kari and me are thinking about brining our Wii game system down if anyone is interested. We have a game called "Jeep thrills" its pretty cool.

Anyway we will see everybody down there! Lets a have a good, safe trip and back.

copy cat

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:52 am 
Paul Bunyan

Me, chuck and fritz have our jeeps loaded and ready to go. See you guys tomorrow, bright and early!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:18 am 
Luigi

i gotta load the jeep in the morning, let the dogs out and, grab the cb, drop the daughter of at grandmas and grandpas and then we are gone

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:17 am 
on the way, see you guys in a few hours, some sooner!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:52 pm 
Pap's mirror

just a little up date. wes lost a wheel from the spacer breakin and barry laid his over on its side.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:30 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Good time all! :tu2:

Lets try and get that group goin again sometime in the near future. What a good group of people. I would venture a guess that everyone had a blast! One of the first weekends in May perhaps?

Phil

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:10 pm 
Luigi

did i kicked out of the jeepininin group or something? i tried to talk to everyone when they drove right by me when i was unloading the trailer even 95yjman just drove right on by, i yelled out for everyone but got nothing in response. i got one guy to stop and say hi, so i hooked up with my buddy badyjman and the porc club and went riding, but when i decided to hit the trails solo i managed to stumble upon another jeepininin group and again the same reponse i tried talking to one of the guys in the black xj with the hood vent but no response then i was walking up to who was going to pull out gump01 but as i said hey he just turned his back on me and got in his jeep, but i did get to see gum01 get stuck and the wife caught it on video. hopefully next time i go out when there is a big get together the result will be different, i was really looking forward to wheel with you guys.

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Last edited by jeepzj9304 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:24 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

jeepzj9304 wrote:
did i kicked out of the jeepininin group or something? i tried to talk to everyone when they drove right by me when i was unloading the trailer even 95yjman just drove right on by, i yelled out for everyone but got nothing in response. i got one guy to stop and say hi, so i hooked up with my buddy badyjman and the porc club and went riding, but when i decided to hit the trails solo i managed to stumble upon another jeepininin group and again the same reponse i tried talking to one of the guys in the black xj with the hood vent but no response then i was walking up to who was going to pull out gump01 but as i said hey he just turned his back on me and got in his jeep, but i did get to see gum01 get stuck and the wife caught it on video. hopefully next time i go out when there is a big get together the result will be different, i was really looking forward to wheel with you guys.

I stopped and said hi. and you got there around lunch time. I also said if you wanted to meet us we would be taking pics up at the quarry, and we would be at the pond side. Im sorry, that no one said anything too you, we had such a big group we spilt up into several smaller groups. but im glad i got to meet you, sorry that you didnt get to meet anyone else

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:28 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

PapsOldDually wrote:
just a little up date. wes lost a wheel from the spacer breakin and barry laid his over on its side.

it was not that big of a issue, but i just had alot of shit go wrong with mine today, I had the wheel come off. a spring pop out, a ground wire broke, and we couldnt get it to fire back up, to it wanting to over heat, there and the whole why home. Spacers are gone, putting limit straps on it tomorrow, and trace down the overheat problem....but all in all it was a good time

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:17 am 
Jeeper in IN

[quote][quote="jeepzj9304"]did i kicked out of the jeepininin group or something? i tried to talk to everyone when they drove right by me when i was unloading the trailer even 95yjman just drove right on by, i yelled out for everyone but got nothing in response. i got one guy to stop and say hi, so i hooked up with my buddy badyjman and the porc club and went riding, but when i decided to hit the trails solo i managed to stumble upon another jeepininin group and again the same reponse i tried talking to one of the guys in the black xj with the hood vent but no response then i was walking up to who was going to pull out gump01 but as i said hey he just turned his back on me and got in his jeep, but i did get to see gum01 get stuck and the wife caught it on video. hopefully next time i go out when there is a big get together the result will be different, i was really looking forward to wheel with you guys.

[url=http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j255/rx7b13/?action=view&current=CLIP2044.flv][img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j255/rx7b13/th_CLIP2044.jpg[/img][/url][/quote][/quote]

I was the driver of the black xj, i dont remember just ignoring anyone when out on the trail, but it could've happened i really dont remember. I did have 2 other friends in my truck with me, possibly one of them? I dont know, but if it was me I am sorry. :doh:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:37 am 
Luigi

its all good, im not trying to piss anyone off or make anyone feel bad. there were plenty of things on my side that also effected me being able to meet up with you guys. one was my brother inlaw. he is the reason why we got there around lunchtime. he forgot to prep the night before and had to do it when we got there. also another problem was me and my wifes. when e left the house to go to the inlaws house i forgot my cb and the wife wouldnt let me turn around and get I WAS A MILE DOWN THE ROAD and she said no. i would have been there at opening even if i turned around and got the cb, but my brother inlaw is what took the longest and he held us back from getting there on time. but het thats how it goes something always has to screw with your plans, but its all good. i came very close to flipping the ZJ out on the dunes (too much air in the tires) went up a hill and spun tires and then slid off the side of the path.

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:47 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Hey its all good man! We all understand that things like that happen sometimes out of your control. Would have been fun to have you with us as well! That seemed to be a pretty scary situation. :eek2:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:07 pm 

We had a great time! Did a couple things I wasn't sure about with my Jeep! My wife enjoyed getting to drive, mostly with out me in the Jeep! She took off while I was helping Blue. She also about freaked out when he lost his wheel!! Glad you finally got home, Wes!! I will post my pics later! Does any one know the damage or have pics of Barry's flop?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:06 pm 
Luigi

it was pretty scarry when i was by me self then some hummer thought he could winche me out and he didnt know a damn thing and extraction. but i got a hold of my buddy in the PORC and its was awesome as hell watching them all pull up and i couldnt help to say to my passengers was "hehehe here comes the cavalry" 30 minutes later and some thinking, 3 winches, and a highlift i was out and back on the trails

2" rear BB
Image]ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:44 pm 
likes red monkey ass

Had a blast, saw you guys a couple of times on Orange. And other places around the park. Saw 95yjman at Subway in the morning, I was right behind blue when I dropped out of the rock section on Orange, actually rode back to camp with your son looking back at me, haha. We ended up runing white, orange, and green and playing a little in the quarry. It was a good time. I ended up with a few dents on the underbody skids and a blown wheel bearing in the 8.8". It was a great time.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:52 pm 
Jeeper in IN

[quote="99stompertj"]We had a great time! Did a couple things I wasn't sure about with my Jeep! My wife enjoyed getting to drive, mostly with out me in the Jeep! She took off while I was helping Blue. She also about freaked out when he lost his wheel!! Glad you finally got home, Wes!! I will post my pics later! Does any one know the damage or have pics of Barry's flop?[/quote]

The only other flop i know of is when the yj busted his leaf spring only after he was in a very "small" 5mph tap. Might be Barry, I am not very good with names, someone else might have to chime in and correct me if i'm wrong.

All i know is that if I wasnt with the group is was with, then i wouldnt have done some of the things that i did either! :cheers:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:47 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

badyjman wrote:
Had a blast, saw you guys a couple of times on Orange. And other places around the park. Saw 95yjman at Subway in the morning, I was right behind blue when I dropped out of the rock section on Orange, actually rode back to camp with your son looking back at me, haha. We ended up runing white, orange, and green and playing a little in the quarry. It was a good time. I ended up with a few dents on the underbody skids and a blown wheel bearing in the 8.8". It was a great time.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:39 pm 
huh, not sure if i saw ya or not...if i did an you where tryin to talk to me, sorry, i jus didnt notice. need to get a sticker on your jeep...then maybe we will be able to tell lol. Anyway, had a great time...broke some s*** but got home eventually. Now its time to dig into the pockets an start fixin

Oh, and i came out of the trip with a new nickname for the jeep. Caught on pretty quick lol, check the sig

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:12 am 
Paul Bunyan

jeepzj9304 wrote:
did i kicked out of the jeepininin group or something?

Sorry about not stopping and seeing if you wanted to join us - but at that point I think we were headed back up to load the jeeps. Though you weren't with us, I hope that you still had fun. Sometimes you've gotta yell, especially if you're around my jeep...nature of the beast, haha. Anyhow-thanks for the video...and I'm sure glad I didn't break anything there, haha.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:31 pm 
Baby puncher

I think next time we all need a little more organization. I pretty much wheeled with the same 5 or so jeeps all weekend. there was no communication as to whether we were all gonna meet up at a certain point for pictures, or lunch, or to switch up wheeling groups. I would have liked to meet and wheel with some of the other guys in the group I haven't met yet. I think the point of us meeting up in the morning to jeep-a-van down there was not liked by a few people either.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:10 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

mudpuppy wrote:
I think next time we all need a little more organization. I pretty much wheeled with the same 5 or so jeeps all weekend. there was no communication as to whether we were all gonna meet up at a certain point for pictures, or lunch, or to switch up wheeling groups. I would have liked to meet and wheel with some of the other guys in the group I haven't met yet. I think the point of us meeting up in the morning to jeep-a-van down there was not liked by a few people either.

Heres the thing. There was some organization, but no one followed it. heres the first example...

Blue wrote:
jeepzj9304 wrote:

Why dont you guys meet us in the upper lot. Ill have a big black and blue tj, with black flames on the hood. and most uf us have a jeepininin sticker on the side in the shape of the state

And then everyone had agreed to meet up in the upper lot

Where did half the group meet? Not in the upper lot!!!

I also remember a post or two about the photo shoot thing, being IN THE QUARRY around lunch time. Only half was there, (because they where in my group) meet there on time. I tried to get everyone to meet up at the same time, but everyone else had there own thing they wanted to do. I tryed to get it organized, and thene everyone did there own thing, because people where lost, and no one wanted to wait for the otherd, or half the group didnt get with us till around lunch because the other half decided to meet at the wrong place....

So next time everyone needs to read the posts, or call someone who knows whats going on. I ran orange twice, because I switch up groups. Sorry that others couldn't make up there mind, or remember to read where to meet up at.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm 
Baby puncher

I forgot there were two lots. And our group met at the quarry around noonish when alan called me and said where you were...of course we had to find the quarry...I don't think I saw barry and the guys he was with all day, including leaving saturday morning, I don't even think they talked to the rest of us, just gassed up and left. I'm sure everyone has a few people they want to wheel with and some sort of plan on what they want to hit...but if that's all you're going to do why even bother going when the rest of the group does? Out of all the people that went these are the ones I actually got to wheel with:

nobarrierz
simms
drew
blue
95yjman
04willys
stomper
land rover guy
kbjeep

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:47 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

mudpuppy wrote:
I forgot there were two lots. And our group met at the quarry around noonish when alan called me and said where you were...of course we had to find the quarry...I don't think I saw barry and the guys he was with all day, including leaving saturday morning, I don't even think they talked to the rest of us, just gassed up and left. I'm sure everyone has a few people they want to wheel with and some sort of plan on what they want to hit...but if that's all you're going to do why even bother going when the rest of the group does? Out of all the people that went these are the ones I actually got to wheel with:

nobarrierz
simms
drew
blue
95yjman
04willys
stomper
land rover guy
kbjeep

I understand, completely, but no one was really in charge of this thing to start with. maybe next year we will have actual trail leaders, and delegate people to those leaders for half the day, then switch it up

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:54 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I a g r e e with Wes....as I was suprised to see people meeting in the lower lot first thing in the morning

Also since I pulled Gump out of the infamous Gump Hole on Orange, that would make me the A$$ that turned my back on JeepZJ9304 guy....sorry I didn't even notice you...next time just yell...Loud

I had a great time...esp. since I didn't end up on the injured list!!! :eyebrows:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:12 pm 
We had a great time. It was good to meet with more people on the board. :2up: :2up: Ben and his wife had fun too (Yea that Rover guy)were ready to go again.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:19 pm 
kjeepb95 wrote:
We had a great time. It was good to meet with more people on the board. :2up: :2up: Ben and his wife had fun too (Yea that Rover guy)were ready to go again.

was his wife scared of us? i think i saw her come out of that thing maybe twice the whole damn weekend lol

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 pm 
That was the first time I met her, I think maybe she was there for him not cause she wanted too. :?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:14 pm 
Jeeper in IN

[quote="Drew"]I a g r e e with Wes....as I was suprised to see people meeting in the lower lot first thing in the morning

Also since I pulled Gump out of the infamous Gump Hole on Orange, that would make me the A$$ that turned my back on JeepZJ9304 guy....sorry I didn't even notice you...next time just yell...Loud

I had a great time...esp. since I didn't end up on the injured list!!! :eyebrows:[/quote]

Hahahaha........wasnt there two "Gump Holes"? He did technically get stuck twice. :? In a distance of about 15ft. Or are you speaking for the general area?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:31 pm 
Jeeper in IN

yea, the general area....We'll make a sign and put down there that says
CAUTION
GUMP HOLE AHEAD

:)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 pm 

I think everyone still had a good time, right? It is hard to get everyone on the same page when there are that many of us! I do like the idea Wes had of maybe trail el conquistador like guys who can lead a group. Make different ones going to different trails, keeping in mind the ability of rigs and drivers for who wants to go where. There were a couple of trails I would have liked to do that we didn't, but we still had a great time!! The jeep-a-van down is still a good idea, but the standing around for a half hour or so needs to go. Be there within 5-10 minutes either way of the meet time or be left to catch up! Can't wait to go back again!!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:47 pm 
Jeeper in IN

HAHAHAHAHA..... :lol: Seems whereever Forest goes loads of entertainment follow!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 am 
Jeeper in IN

Well it worked out I guess to some extent.
I would have liked to wheel with every one who was there that way you get to know every one who was there a little better. Maybe like Wes said
next time we should have a designated trail leader or leaders. And maybe like a drivers meeting before heading out. Where every one gets together
and someone directs the meeting. That way everyone knows whats going on, times to meet, times for lunch, and times for pics.

02 silverado2500 hd

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 am 
Thread Necromancer

beez wrote:
Well a drivers meeting before heading out. Where every one gets together
and someone directs the meeting. That way everyone knows whats going on, times to meet, times for lunch, and times for pics.

Thats how it used to be with this group back in the day. Also at the drivers meeting is when people would divide up into groups and decided which trails to take and who was going to lead them.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:21 am 
Pap's mirror

kennedy wrote:
beez wrote:

Thats how it used to be with this group back in the day. Also at the drivers meeting is when people would divide up into groups and decided which trails to take and who was going to lead them.

back in the day wasnt that long ago. for the most part we did it when i went the last cpl times. just kinda sounds like nobody did it this time.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:46 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

PapsOldDually wrote:
kennedy wrote:
beez wrote:

back in the day wasnt that long ago. for the most part we did it when i went the last cpl times. just kinda sounds like nobody did it this time.

It probably would of happened if everyone meet in the right spot when they got there. And at the start when we got the majority in one spot. We did find out Who wanted to go where and we broke up into 2 groups. Then told everyone to meet in the quarry and lunch time. Then went our ways. I think people just didnt care, and wanted to do there own thing.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:18 pm 
Jeeper in IN

In the end, all that really matters, is that, everyone had fun!!!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:29 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

Thats Right!!!! And where is everyone else's pics? I'm still working on dash cam, some of it is crap, and I only got one tape this year. I'll post it up as soon as I get it done.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:33 pm 
sorry, my bad, i hadnt read or paid attention to all of the posts about meetin spots and such. Last time i went they had the upper lot blocked off so i didnt even look over an notice it was open, and i must not have caught the posts about meeting there. Either way me an chrissy had a blast. Was nice to meet some new people and wheel with some ive never wheeled with before. Played on rocks for the first time too. didnt do too much on them, and still not ready to really do too much. wanna get my axle in the back and get some more protection first.

Another note about sunday for those who didnt go, the rain was actually kind of nice in a way. There were hardly any quads and bikes, at one point i dont think i saw any out. And there was maybe 5 or 6 other trailered in rigs in the lot, and very few out an about. If we werent alone anywhere that day, even in the quarry, there where only 4 or 5 other rigs out near by. It was nice without having to worry about them little buzz bombs all day

Also, another thing i forgot to mention. A lot of people give the Badlands shop and such a bad rap. Both times ive gone ive had to deal with them. The first time i broke my spider an side gears i needed some and they had some out back. 25 bucks for all 4, not too bad if ya ask me. and the guy was cool about gettin them for me and pulling them outta the donor diff. This second time when i broke my axle shaft and ujoint it was raining and nasty out. We went up to the lot cuz i didnt feel like laying in the wet sand in the quarry and eating it the rest of the day like nick had to. So we get up there and i went to the garage where they work on crap and asked if i could just pull the front of my jeep in to get out of the rain while i worked on it. The guy workin in the garage said yes without any hesitation. Then i asked to use a floor jack cuz i didnt wanna unload my hi-lift if i didnt have to (its stored in 3 pieces). Not only did he get me one really quick, but he also brought over an air line, impact, and sockets without me even asking for them. So Id like to give some appreciation to the shop out there. They may be pretty expensive about a lot of things, but they have been really helpful to me both times ive gone so far.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:07 am 
Dirty tranny

nobarrierz wrote:
huh, not sure if i saw ya or not...if i did an you where tryin to talk to me, sorry, i jus didnt notice. need to get a sticker on your jeep...then maybe we will be able to tell lol. Anyway, had a great time...broke some s*** but got home eventually. meow its time to dig into the pockets an start fixin

Oh, and i came out of the trip with a new nickname for the jeep. Caught on pretty quick lol, check the sig

nice nickname :tu2:

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 pm 
mudpuppy wrote:
I don't think I saw barry and the guys he was with all day, including leaving saturday morning, I don't even think they talked to the rest of us, just gassed up and left.

No they didnt come over, say hi, or say "hey we are ready to go", or anything. Just came in, gassed up, and left. And the only reason we where waiting around was for them, they got there a little later than everyone else, then didnt even let us know they where leaving. And as soon as we saw them go we went, so it wasnt like we where just waiting on each other. Saw them once when we first got there, told barry i had some stuff he let me borrow last trip when i broke, he said we'd meet up later so i could give it back (it was in lances truck), but then never saw him again....so i still have stuff to give back

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:08 pm 

nobarrierz wrote:
sorry, my bad, i hadnt read or paid attention to all of the posts about meetin spots and such. Last time i went they had the upper lot blocked off so i didnt even look over an notice it was open, and i must not have caught the posts about meeting there. Either way me an chrissy had a blast. Was nice to meet some new people and wheel with some ive never wheeled with before. Played on rocks for the first time too. didnt do too much on them, and still not ready to really do too much. wanna get my axle in the back and get some more protection first.

Another note about sunday for those who didnt go, the rain was actually kind of nice in a way. There were hardly any quads and bikes, at one point i dont think i saw any out. And there was maybe 5 or 6 other trailered in rigs in the lot, and very few out an about. If we werent alone anywhere that day, even in the quarry, there where only 4 or 5 other rigs out near by. It was nice without having to worry about them little buzz bombs all day

Also, another thing i forgot to mention. A lot of people give the Badlands shop and such a bad rap. Both times ive gone ive had to deal with them. The first time i broke my spider an side gears i needed some and they had some out back. 25 bucks for all 4, not too bad if ya ask me. and the guy was cool about gettin them for me and pulling them outta the donor diff. This second time when i broke my axle shaft and ujoint it was raining and nasty out. We went up to the lot cuz i didnt feel like laying in the wet sand in the quarry and eating it the rest of the day like nick had to. So we get up there and i went to the garage where they work on crap and asked if i could just pull the front of my jeep in to get out of the rain while i worked on it. The guy workin in the garage said yes without any hesitation. Then i asked to use a floor jack cuz i didnt wanna unload my hi-lift if i didnt have to (its stored in 3 pieces). Not only did he get me one really quick, but he also brought over an air line, impact, and sockets without me even asking for them. So Id like to give some appreciation to the shop out there. They may be pretty expensive about a lot of things, but they have been really helpful to me both times ive gone so far.

Can you copy and paste what you said here into the Badlands office people thread in the Consumer Reports?

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:11 pm 
Pap's mirror

Alpine wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:

Can you copy and paste what you said here into the Badlands office people thread in the Consumer Reports?

oh i saw it. i have never had anything to do with the guys out back. just the girls up front. they are the ones a had the problem with.
glad it worked out for you dick :2up:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:16 pm 
Pap's mirror

Alpine wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:

done!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:23 am 

PapsOldDually wrote:
Alpine wrote:
nobarrierz wrote:

done!

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions