Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions

Post subject: Help Save Tellico
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:25 pm 
Thread Necromancer

I've never been there, however; some day I would like to. It appear the BLM is wanting to close it.
Everyone can help to see that it stays open:

Quote:
Today the SFWDA met with the USFS and heard a presentation on what will be in their Environmental Assessment. While they have 7 alternatives that they are considering, their preferred alternative is to CLOSE TELLICO. While we know that this is completely unacceptable and will cause immediate and intense emotional reaction, we are asking that everyone maintain a level head and concentrate on what our task is now.

STEP 1: The FS Supervisor issued a TEMPORARY CLOSURE ORDER that will keep Tellico closed until they decide what the fate of the area will be. This means that TELLICO WILL NOT REOPEN ON APRIL 1ST! Please read the order here: http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/nepa/tu...ry_closure.pdf. and provide comments to the temporary closure. Be sure to talk about all the plans you have to use the area and all the events that are already scheduled and that you have paid to attend. We MUST NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!

STEP 2: We must, at all costs, provide as many SUBSTANTIVE comments about the EA as humanly possible. And we are ready. SFWDA requests that you download the study that we commissioned (Recommended Trail System Repair and Maintenance Plan Upper Tellico OHV System) and that you download the FS’ EA which is posted here (Upper Tellico OHV Area ) and that you compare the two side by side and start making comments. Our study will give you the data that you need to make comments about the surveys that have been done, the lack of maintenance they FS has completed, the science, the engineering, the economics, EVERYTHING.

We will work to have a letter generator up, but honestly, we need for you to take pencil to paper and think this through. Copy this announcement and send it to your friends, family, and everyone you know.

STEP 3: The other thing we need, and you know what it coming, is money. In this tough economic time, it’s hard to find a few dollars to support a cause, but if you enjoy the Tellico area, or even the dying sport of OHV and 4X4 recreation, please consider a donation to Rescue Tellico so that we may continue to fight for Tellico. Rescue Tellico Fund

STEP 4: In an effort to show that we will not accept these actions, Crawford’s Campground is committing to continue on with the plans for Spring Fling on April 4th. Please consider attending and showing your support and helping to raise money for Rescue Tellico.

So you know, SFWDA is working very closely with U4WDA and BlueRibbon Coalition to review these documents. BE ASSURED that the lawyers will be reviewing all of these documents in detail and that we are all ready to take whatever action is warranted to further the fight to KEEP TELLICO OPEN!

Thank you for your help!!!

SFWDA, UFWDA, and BRC

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post subject: Re: Help Save Tellico
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:52 pm 
Pap's mirror

i have heard of it but never been there. is this GOV land or something?

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:01 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

What? THAT IS BULLSHIT!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:09 pm 
Thread Necromancer

PapsOldDually wrote:
i have heard of it but never been there. is this GOV land or something?

Yup, and the MAN is wanting to shut it down. So do your part!
...Its in Tennessee by the way... about an 8 hour drive I beleive...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:58 pm 
Pap's mirror

thats just wrong

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 pm 
saint bernarded

:bs:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:28 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Uhh...I think North Carolina just across the TN border

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:09 am 
Thread Necromancer

Drew wrote:
Uhh...I think North Carolina just across the TN border

ok, maybe I was off by a few miles... I think its right on/shares the thier borders...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:33 pm 
Dirty tranny

i also never been there but

:doh: :bs: to closing

BE GOOD AT IT!!!!![/color]

GOD,
grant me the serenity to accept the impossible trails i cannot crawl, the courage to crawl the twisted trails i can, and the wisdom to keep the tire side down!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:36 pm 
Jeeper in IN

It's in North Carolina as stated before. It is about 9 hours from Fort Wayne. A big spot for years and it is closed at the moment. I was trying to go last Christmas, but it was already closed. They are repairing it right now and not sure if it will open again or when it will open. :crybaby2:

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions