Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions

Post subject: Just Curious...Ft Wayne area
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:00 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I recently moved from the Fort to the country north of Huntington. On my way home from work at the airport everyday I take the Airport Expressway to Lower Huntington across 69. Going around the backside of GM on the 4 laner, just before the big bridge sweeping corner I notice there's access to a field from the road and there appears to be a lot of tracks with mud and a few hills built up...like it's somebody's offroad playground.

Anybody know anything about this place? I never see anybody there, but there is a cop who runs that stretch of road quite often. It does look fun though. Would be cool to find out who owns it.

SoWW #2485
Cave Putorium!

Post subject: Re: Just Curious...Ft Wayne area
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:06 pm 
bad news, dont go. Weve talked about it a few times on here. Ended with cops show up, and ive personally seen people bein arrested and know someone who had friends arrested there

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:11 pm 
Pap's mirror

i used to go there a lot the last cpl yrs.... a guy i was on the FD with said he knew the owner and it was ok. well i finally found the owner last fall and talked with him about trying to get permission to take the guy on here out there. he was a very kind and composed man and kindly ask that we stay out of his field. he never gave anyone permission to be out there. he is the one that contacted the ACPD and ask them to patrol out there on a regular basis. i know ya havent been on here long or much lately but somewhere back a cpl pages we talked about this place b4. please dont take that the wrong way. by no means am i trying to sound like an ass to ya, but in my own little way saying... thanks for asking and not just blasting out into somewhere you werent sure of. :tu2:

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:54 pm 
Jeeper in IN

No worries Paps! That's why I was just asking. I've been without internet for the past 3 months because I moved out to the sticks so I missed a lot of conversations here. ;) I don't go anywhere without permission anyway.

That place does look yummy though. :cheers:

SoWW #2485
Cave Putorium!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:11 pm 
Pap's mirror

Weasel Keeper wrote:
No worries Paps! That's why I was just asking. I've been without internet for the past 3 months because I moved out to the sticks so I missed a lot of conversations here. ;) I don't go anywhere without permission anyway.

That place does look yummy though. :cheers:

it was man. i would rather go out there then to go to giraffe genitals.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:23 pm 
Has a castrated raccoon

Weasel - with your new property, a Bobcat, a day, and a few cases of barley pops - we could make a nice pit in your back yard. :applauding: :laugh:

AMSOIL DEALER http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1692873&page=store

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:52 pm 
Jeeper in IN

No low, no mud pit in my yard. :nono:

I hear Swinehen has a nice mud pit in his yard though. :eyebrows:

:cheers:

SoWW #2485
Cave Putorium!

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Wheeling, Offroad Events, Land Use, Competitions