Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: project big red turd.
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:21 am 
Pap's mirror

well i figured i would start some threads for my projects now.

got the big red turd in the garage now,Alan helped get the ole dully pushed out. i am planning on replacing all the lugs and nut. replace all the wiring through out. who ever started this halfass project just cut everything out under the dash...and everywhere else. they have speaker wire ran to the starter and alt, so time ti re wire. repair/ replace RF axle u joints or shaft. probably the shaft. it looks like the u-joint ears are distorted on part of it. gotta replace the gas tank. build rear seat mount and install that. and redo the cage. its really FUBAR ed in there. then maybe later on some rails and maybe skid plates.

there are some other things to i just dont remember them all right now.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post subject: Re: project big red turd.
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:35 pm 
Pap's mirror

put the trud on stands and planning on gettin new studs and lug nuts tmw. gonna pull the rf axle out and pull it apart to replace the u-joint.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 am 
Male nurse in training

you should put up some pictures man lol I'll take them for you if you want Boogers and shit!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:15 pm 
Pap's mirror

95YJMan wrote:
you should put up some pictures man lol I'll take them for you if you want Boogers and shit!!

sure when ever your able to stop on by . :tu2:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:16 pm 
Pap's mirror

stopped out today and bought new studs and nuts for the front axle and ordered the master cylinder for it. i'll pick it up tmw. :tu2:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:47 pm 
Male nurse in training

thats a D44 you got in the front of that don't ya? Is that factory do you know?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:47 pm 
Pap's mirror

the guy said it was a 44 but i dont think it is tho. it doesnt look like the rear does

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:53 pm 
Pervert Row

95YJMan wrote:
thats a D44 you got in the front of that don't ya? Is that factory do you know?

Factory would be a 30...

'98 Xj - Call it anything, but a Chero-Car... :flipoff2:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:11 am 
Pap's mirror

well i got the '68 vette master cylinder and bolted on. only small problem was the push rod was just a bit short so i went over to toppers had...... modified ...... it. stuffed it back in lastnite when i got home. it even works to! :eek2:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:35 pm 
Pap's mirror

well i ended up replacing rear wheel cylinders and all the hardware. somebody cut e brake cables just outside both backing plates, so i eliminated those the rest of the way. :o

got 5 diff rolls of wire out there to just waiting to be put into it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:03 pm 
PapsOldDually wrote:
well i ended up replacing rear wheel cylinders and all the hardware. somebody cut e brake cables just outside both backing plates, so i eliminated those the rest of the way. :o

whered ya get the wire from and how much it run ya?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:12 pm 
Pap's mirror

nobarrierz wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:

whered ya get the wire from and how much it run ya?

um 3 rolls (had 2 of them) from napa 25ft green,yellow,blue, 14g. oops, thought i bought 12,
it was like $20 or maybe a wee bit more. for the 3. im thinkin i saw it at D&B even cheaper and more to a spool.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:40 am 
Jeeper in IN

Waytekwire.com has just about ANYTHING electrical you could ever need.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:16 pm 
Pap's mirror

not much done lately. been helpin sparky with the cage when we can. i did get the LF wheel cyl. replaced and workin on the RF now.

oh and thanks for the wire link. :tu2:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:13 pm 
Pap's mirror

well, havent done much to the turd lately, but headin up to CC now to check on a used radiator for it and hoping to make it up to baseline here this week or next and getting a gas tank for it.

were gettin there slowly but surely.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:18 pm 
Pap's mirror

well seems i my have come across something. while picking up the new to me radiator the sells me a set of seats. new best top brand high back buckets with the matching rear seat. $125 for all 3 seats.

may even go back and buy the painless wiring harness to.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:02 am 
Thread Necromancer

That sounds like a heck of a deal on seats!

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:01 am 
Jeeper in IN

PapsOldDually wrote:
well i figured i would start some threads for my projects meow.

got the big red turd in the garage meow,Alan helped get the ole dully pushed out. i am planning on replacing all the lugs and nut. replace all the wiring through out. who ever started this halfass project just cut everything out under the dash...and everywhere else. they have speaker wire ran to the starter and alt, so time ti re wire. repair/ replace RF axle u joints or shaft. probably the shaft. it looks like the u-joint ears are distorted on part of it. gotta replace the gas tank. build rear seat mount and install that. and redo the cage. its really FUBAR ed in there. then maybe later on some rails and maybe skid plates.

there are some other things to i just dont remember them all right meow.

Hope ya got home with your seats - thanks for helping us load - really apreciate it - if ya need anything or help holler and I'll do my best - your boys are good kids! - thanks for taking that trans. and case to ? also - the speedo is yours for that OK ? - Ken - if I ever figure out how to put pics on this board I will put some of mine on - talk at ya later

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:53 pm 
Pap's mirror

well if i wasnt so lazy i'd post up picks to go along with stuff :eyebrows: .

i got the radiator,that i bought from ken, bolted in and filled up. :tu2:

i got the drivers seat,i bought from ken also, in and bolted but didnt do the rest of, the seats i bought from ken, cause i wanna go visit with topper and make some new seat mounts...that are fully protecting the occupants of the jeep.

i was able to find a steel gas tank that came with a sending unit for $125. :tu2: thanks to baseline4X4.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Glad to hear from ya - Glad that radiator fit - When ya get those seat brackets built how about some pic's - would like to see what ya come up with better than the stock ones - is that rear seat going to fit? - Ken

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 pm 
Pap's mirror

yes sir. it fit right down inside the tub perfectly. as far as gettin the brackets made it may be a little while. i know he is booked up with other things right now but i will get pics of that when we get to it.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:56 am 
Jeeper in IN

Hey - if ya can get me some measurements and a rough sketch maybe I can do em for ya - Be glad to give it a shot! Kind of slow on mine right now - I'd even promise not to paint them red - ha ha - Ken

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:21 am 
Pap's mirror

Ken wrote:
Hey - if ya can get me some measurements and a rough sketch maybe I can do em for ya - Be glad to give it a shot! Kind of slow on mine right meow - I'd even promise not to paint them red - ha ha - Ken

lol well i wouldnt mind that if they were just seat brackets but i think ya missed the hiddin message i put in there. i will be building a completely new rollcage system for the jeep and will be building the seat mounts into the rollcage.

thanks for the offer tho. :tu2:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 pm 
Pap's mirror

havent done much to the turd lately. been workin on the xj and just kinda helpin other ppl with their things. i did get a new gas tank from baseline4X4 a while back. dont remember if i said that yet. gotta get that put in and got some full-width chevy axles....from this...well kinda. they are still under the truck. just gotta get them out...one of these days. they may not be the biggest or the best ones to get but hey for an out of work guy im not gonna complain.

Attachments:
donortk2.jpg
donortk2.jpg [ 81.38 KiB | Viewed 25016 times ]
donortk1.jpg
donortk1.jpg [ 80.73 KiB | Viewed 25016 times ]

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:08 am 
Missing the right bolts

i thot hairy man boobs ya there the other day i live bout a mile n half from there seen big blue at tranny toms n said i think thats paps ha

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:02 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

Huh?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:57 am 
Feeds people vomit

Blue wrote:
Huh?

paps has a big blue JK

'05 Honda Odessey awesomevan
'08 Chevrolet HHR company car - The silver bullet

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:06 am 
mr. snuffleupagus

Chuck wrote:
Blue wrote:
Huh?

paps has a big blue JK

And Tom's a tranny

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:54 am 
Pap's mirror

Blue wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Blue wrote:
Huh?

paps has a big blue JK

And Tom's a tranny

lol yup...

at the corner of winters rd and bluffton rd. there where ya turn to go down to the race track, there is a shop there called tranny toms.

hey rod, thanks for stoppin and offering to help ya butt head. just kidding little man...altho we coulda used another set of hands. took us about 3 or 4 hours to get that damn thing up out of the ground and on the trailer.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

PapsOldDually wrote:
Blue wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Blue wrote:
Huh?

paps has a big blue JK

And Tom's a tranny

lol yup...

at the corner of winters rd and bluffton rd. there where ya turn to go down to the race track, there is a shop there called tranny toms.

hey rod, thanks for stoppin and offering to help ya butt head. just kidding little man...altho we coulda used another set of hands. took us about 3 or 4 hours to get that damn thing up out of the ground and on the trailer.

Oh...I thought he was saying Tom is a Brazilian!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:21 pm 
Missing the right bolts

i really wanted to but i was on my way to work otherwise i woulda lol

FUCK THE DUMB SHIT

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:33 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

Blue wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:
Blue wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Blue wrote:
Huh?

paps has a big blue JK

And Tom's a tranny

lol yup...

Oh...I thought he was saying Tom is a Brazilian!

wow tom is getting old or something, i would of thought he would of bounced right on this....

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:41 pm 
Male nurse in training

I will! gotta love them brazilians....fukkin mazda..*slaps palm of hand then blows*

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:52 pm 
Pap's mirror

i talked to him on the phone today. he has had a cpl of really bust days lately.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

PapsOldDually wrote:
i talked to him on the phone today. he has had a cpl of really bust days lately.

Bust as in boobies, or bust as in broken...

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:03 pm 
Pap's mirror

aw damn sorry.. that was suppose to be busy not bust. sorry bout that.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:07 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

95YJMan wrote:
I will! gotta love them brazilians....fukkin mazda..*slaps palm of hand then blows*

Sprite, burritos, a bench grinder, and a stripper pole in the attic. What could be any better than that.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:19 pm 
Male nurse in training

Blue wrote:
95YJMan wrote:

Sprite, burritos, a bench grinder, and a stripper pole in the attic. What could be any better than that.

you forgot the robeson 1200... Boogers and shit!!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:39 am 
Pap's mirror

gonna go out and try and do something to this thing today....

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:01 pm 
Male nurse in training

Good luck!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:04 pm 
Pap's mirror

got the garage cleaned out all around it so i can actually see it and crawl under it. bout as far as i got.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:06 pm 
Pap's mirror

well got the turd hauled down to my dads shop last week. he finished stuffin the tank in it and got the carb tuned on it. i used it for the trails at jeepjam. it ran just fine. need to get hooked up with top and get a cage and the steering figured out on it. the steering is kinda SCARY!

but it lives woohoo!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:18 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Outstanding!!

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Sweet!!

'05 Honda Odessey awesomevan
'08 Chevrolet HHR company car - The silver bullet

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:49 pm 
Pap's mirror

here are some of the cage before as it was being built over that last couple of months.

Attachments:
1229111312.jpg
1229111312.jpg [ 68.28 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
1229111311a.jpg
1229111311a.jpg [ 74.75 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
1228111258b.jpg
1228111258b.jpg [ 76.74 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
1228111255a.jpg
1228111255a.jpg [ 63.2 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
1228111255.jpg
1228111255.jpg [ 61.92 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:52 pm 
Pap's mirror

now a few of it in primer

Attachments:
0102121532a.jpg
0102121532a.jpg [ 61.26 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
File comment: the el conquistador sanding on it before primer.
0102121532b.jpg
0102121532b.jpg [ 69.72 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
0102121654b.jpg
0102121654b.jpg [ 68.03 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
0102121654a.jpg
0102121654a.jpg [ 76.75 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
0102121654.jpg
0102121654.jpg [ 65.36 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
0102121653a.jpg
0102121653a.jpg [ 67.73 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]
0102121653.jpg
0102121653.jpg [ 73.28 KiB | Viewed 23655 times ]

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:02 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Looks good

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:56 pm 
freezes his batteries off

Looks great!

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos