Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: Pre-Badlands run
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:10 pm 
Me and Lance (04willys) decided to make a pre-run for the badlands this weekend. Luckily we did. I knew my rear shocks werent in the best from the last owner, but i thought that they would hold for now. They wont. Ripped the left rear from the upper mount while trying to get to the other side of the stream. Hopefully ill find a way to get that fixed tomorrow. Looks as though the old owner tried to do some welding or something where they mount, so i dont know if ill be able to just pop out the factory mounts and nut/bolt a new shock in or what.

Anyway, heres the pics, ill try to get some videos up as well

Post subject: Re: Pre-Badlands run
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 am 
yeah i saw you 2 as you were getting in the creek and honked. later that day i saw 3 looked to be stock jeeps following eachother down the trail off the road. atleast there were 3 of em. didnt have my jeep with me or i would have come find you guys.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:33 pm 
Thread Necromancer

those bar pins for the upper TJ shock mounts suck!

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 pm 
kennedy wrote:
those bar pins for the upper TJ shock mounts suck!

Yes, yes they do. But unfortunately with the run comming up in less than a week, i didnt have time to acquire b.p.e.'s and shocks to work with them. So for now, we salvaged a bushing from a brand new sway bar link i had, and a bar pin from a brand new o.e.m. stock tj shock and got it back together. Had to drop the fuel tank to knock off the factory nuts welded to the crossmemeber for the shock bolts cuz they didnt wanna co-operate from the bottom with an air hammer. Got them off, some new nuts and bolts, and all back together. Thanks to Lance for commin out and helping me. Even though he only stopped by cuz he had a forest fire growing in his left front wheel. Turns out a few pieces of sticks, some grass and leaves, mixed with the heat generated from being wedged against the pads and rotor will start a small fire. When he pulled up i said i smelled wood burning. He said his jeep was pulling to the left while accelerating, and to the right when braking. So i went to check the left front caliper, smelled the burning even more, found some wood pieces, and when i started knocking them out, red embers started falling. First time ive seen that haha.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 pm 
Glad you got it fixed Dick,sounds like it was a pain in the :booty: though.
And if Lance would wash his Heep every now and again he wouldn't be starting small forest fires.
I wonder how many fresh mulch piles you caught on fire tooling around town today. lmao
Me and Ryan seen you on Lima smoke :DamnDamn: You were on the bridge over 69 and your big
orange flag caught my attention?? Then Ryan said Holy Big Jeepininin stickers Batman! It's Lance. :)
I think he was just pissed cause his stickers are not that big.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:30 pm 
his jeep was clean when we saw it today, looked as if he had it waxed. lol

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:36 pm 
Jeeper in IN

i spent three hours cleaning that thing inside and out and that was before the forest fire under my jeep i like leaving mud on the jeep i wear it with pride. i just like to get it good and clean for badlands so when it comes home you can see all the badlands mud not giraffe genitals or patlands mud

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:39 pm 
Jeeper in IN

oh and as for dicks jeep that sucked ass and as for you body lift haters i had the same issue with my shock mounts but since the body lift i can reach it without dropping the tank took me and dick about 3 hours to do his i did mine in 20ish minutes

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:10 am 
Sorry Lance I just assumed it was dirty :doh:
And yes Badlands Mud is special stuff :acclaim: Not just your run of the
mill midwest mud...it's gritty!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:32 am 
04willys wrote:
oh and as for dicks jeep that sucked ass and as for you body lift haters i had the same issue with my shock mounts but since the body lift i can reach it without dropping the tank took me and dick about 3 hours to do his i did mine in 20ish minutes

o yes i remember that. i think i snapped a couple of em off. but we had just enough clearance to sneek a new nut in there with the body lift. and the old ratchet strap trick around the axel and bumper to line up the holes on the control arms. good times

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:33 pm 
Male nurse in training

04willys wrote:

Ya I like having my 1" body lift on the YJ, its made it easy to get to tranny/T-case stuff before.. :eyebrows:

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos