Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: Interlake run
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:00 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I always like to see the pics from trail runs, so I try to share some of my own. This is actually from a trip in early June that we made, however I've been so busy that I haven't had time to post them. The only way it was going to happen was to waste some time at work, so here you go!

It was a fantastic trip all the way around. The only carnage at all was a scratch on my truck when a tree grabbed the shovel off my rack and scraped it against the truck. There were four of us-- The THORparts H3, a built Samurai, and a CJ, and me. All of us had friends or family in tow, so it was a good sized group. Props have to go out to Sam, the driver of the CJ. I had absolutely no idea that this was his first time wheeling until near the end of the day. He drove like a pro!

The Sammy. It's ridiculously capable, but we couldn't resist giving him crap about his lack of A/C while we were comfortable in the Hummers.

Ace driver Sam

4speed

Me

This hill doesn't look like much, until...

...you notice just how close 4Speed came to those trees. That was our first real obstacle, and it nearly started with a bang...literally. An H3 sliding sideways down that hill and missing all the trees was something to see. Unfortunately, everyone was in shock at the moment that there are no pics of the slide.

Sam Again

A VERY steep, long climb. As is typical, photos seldom show grade, however you can kind of reference teh Sammy and people on the opposite side. Google Earth shows about a 250ft elevation difference. 4speed has a builtin clinometer....he may be able to tell you how steep it actually is.

Heading down the ravine.

Group of swamp people. Couple girls in the back of the UTV were covered from head to toe in mud and having a great time.

Post subject: Re: Interlake run
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:28 pm 
Male nurse in training

cool! looks like fun

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Where is this at?

More pics of mud covered girls?

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 pm 
Jeeper in IN

kennedy wrote:
Where is this at?

More pics of mud covered girls?

Interlake is Indiana's hidden jewel of wheeling. Even a lot of people who live in the area don't even know about it. It's near Lynnville (which is just east of Evansville), so it is a little drive, but well worth it. It's state owned land, very similar to Redbird but not quite as developed.

Mud covered girls? Sorry, I only got one pic.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:17 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Road trip!

... as soon as my junk is back together.

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:21 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Here's a link--> http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4226.htm

Now, I must forewarn you, if I turn you guys on to this place and you go crowding up my favorite wheeling spot, I'm going to be mad!

In all seriousness though, I like it as much (or better) than Badlands. On top of that, it's 100% free-- no admission fees.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:22 pm 
Tang Soo

08H3 wrote:
Here's a link--> http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4226.htm

meow, I must forewarn you, if I turn you guys on to this place and you go crowding up my favorite wheeling spot, I'm going to be mad!

In all seriousness though, I like it as much (or better) than Badlands. On top of that, it's 100% free-- no admission fees.

Its about twice as far as the Badlands too...so the saved admission fee is not much with twice the fuel.
Considering most on this board are from central and northern, IN

Probably don't have to worry about us overrunning the joint.

That said its nice to wheel something different than the Badlands all the time. That's one reason I'm going to rocks and valleys next week...its a bit farther than the Badlands, but also something different.

mac 'x2 on more muddy girl pics' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:21 pm 
Male nurse in training

Alpine wrote:
Road trip!

... as soon as my junk is back together.

Lets do it! I'm thinking I'm just gonna get a tow bar to haul the Jeep with the truck for the time being, I'll just wheel easy and bring spare parts..

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 pm 
Jeeper in IN

been wheeling here for years, about 140miles one way from my house, but well worth it
spend two days and still can't cover all of it... B...
one other thing get a map very can be printed offline
you can find it by searching 'Interlake sra'
important easy to get turned around once inside most trails marked
"just don't depend on them"
found several turned around the wronge way last trip just a thought

82 wrangler 4" lift, stock 4L, D35 lockrite rear, open front D30
mostly stock
name "the bucket"

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos