Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: A small trip to toledo..
 Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:29 pm 
Male nurse in training

Kari and I have been on Vacation all week, and let me tell you its been nice since its been almost a year since I have gotten a good amount of time off..

Anyway we decided to make a trip to toledo, to visit a few things. Two things on my list where the old Parkway plant, well whats left of it, and the Toledo North Assembly Plant (TNAP) We hoped in the KJ, and headed to the home of the Jeep.

I put in the address of the Parkway plant for starters and I knew we where getting close when this appeared:
Finally we hit the first set of gates..
Then on down "Jeep parkway"
You hit the famous intersection of "Jeep parkway" and "Willys parkway"
and the second set of gates..
The third gate was wide open, but with the wife and kid with me, I didn't venture in. With that said I took some photos of basically whats left of the plant.
Once I had my fill, we headed over to Chrysler drive, to check out TNAP. We didn't stick around to much, There where JK's, Jeep semi's driving around everywhere. The semi's liked to pull out and hammer down..
So here's some photo's from TNAP
One of the trailers full of I'm guessing JK axles since the KL doesn't use Solid axles..

I won't bore you anymore but while at zoo, they had a TJ sitting out with the giraffes that I thought was funny.. If only I could of found a way to steal its full doors!

Post subject: Re: A small trip to toledo..
 Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:57 pm 
Thread Necromancer

I drive past that site a few times a year when I go to Detroit for work. All of the guard shacks/turnstyles were in place around the old plant until about a year ago, within the past two years they really started doing a lot of site clean up around there. I'm glad they have brought the hold Overland smokestack down though. Supposedly there are some plans to redevelop that site, but I don't know any details.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works.
'08 Dodge 2500, 6.7 Cummins, 4x4
'78 GMC 4x4 short bed
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos