Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)

Post subject: need help or ideas!!!!
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:43 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I have a 1997 wrangler. And i bought a new top and front upper door sliders from best top. Now my problem. I went mudin with some friends and i got a little close to trees and brush. If any one has slider upper doors you know wat i am talking about here . . . . the bottom of the windows there is a weather stripping seal type thing on the inside and outside. Well my outside out came off and i cant find it. I called best top they wont sell parts. And i have looked on line at every dam place. If any one has any ideas please let me know Email me text me anyhting

Cell is 260-241-4513

Email JeepManTJ@yahoo.com

If you want picks of it if you think you can help but have no clue wat it looks like i will try to get some. Not sure how to get them on here but e mail me.

Thank you anyone and everyone.

Tell me your thoughts please

Post subject: Re: need help or ideas!!!!
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:29 pm 
Pap's mirror

this may sound crazy but have ya tried like plan ole window places. go to a place that does car windows. most of them install rear sliders on trucks. maybe they will have something that will work or help ya find a place.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:27 am 
Jeeper in IN

I will try that today. And thank you. I know i have seen the seal before just could not rember. . . . now i do on my dads truck back sliding window. Just got to find glass places now.

thank you

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:39 am 
Pap's mirror

TJMAN225 wrote:
I will try that today. And thank you. I know i have seen the seal before just could not rember. . . . meow i do on my dads truck back sliding window. Just got to find glass places meow.

thank you

where ya from? theres 2 or 3 good ones here in ft wayne

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:00 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I live over by homestead high school

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:18 pm 
Pap's mirror

ok there is oniel's glass. there is a place on state st just east of the dealership there over ther bridge. either one of those should be able to help.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:30 am 
Jeeper in IN

I don't know when you bought them, I bought Bestop sliders for mine a few years ago, and maybe a year after having them I had a snowplow come by and throw a rock up and crack the window. I called 4WD up and told them what happened and that I just needed to order a new passanger side window, and the lady told me that was covered under warranty and they shipped me out a whole brand new assembly, no questions asked and I didnt have to ship the old back. Don't know if they still do this or not, but hope it helps

'91 Jeep Wrangler
4" Skyjacker Lift, 1" Body, Currie Built Dana 44 Rear, 35" Goodyear MTR

'06 Chevy Crewcab 2500HD
Brute Force Intake, B&W Hideaway Gooseneck, 285/75/16 Hankook Dyna Pro MT

JP Frog Offroaders

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:09 am 
Jeeper in IN

I tryed that. Tolf them the weather stripping was gone the said call best top. I bought them from quad. It says 1 year warrenty. Should i lie and say a window broke from something. . . . . . .

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:50 am 
Jeeper in IN

Called up quad and put my foot down lol told them it is under worranty so there shipping me something. thank you every one for ideas

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:33 pm 
Pap's mirror

good. glad ya got it worked out.

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)