Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)

Post subject: to line or not to line?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:54 am 
Jeeper in IN

alright im thinkin about pulling the carpet out of just the back of the tj and bedlining it was wondering what everyone else thought lets get some input on this! thanks!

*OLD RED* 1990 xj*4.0*30x9.5x15*(sold)
*ZOMBIE HUNTER*1997 ZJ*5.2*24 lb injectors*msd ignition*taurus cooling fan upgrade*
*OLD WHITE*mud truck*1977*GMC stepside 1 ton*383 stroker*39.5x13.50x16 ss iroks*

Post subject: Re: to line or not to line?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:08 am 
freezes his batteries off

A lot of guys do the whole tub. I will do mine sometime in the future. I pulled the carpet after the first time it got wet and muddy. I just use floor mats now.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:44 am 
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16449

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:48 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Do it, but do it all.
If you go the Rhino/LineX route, you can save alot of money by stripping and masking the interior yourself.

If you go the DIY route, just be sure not to get any Herc on your Hootus.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:12 pm 
spackled

Defintely do it all, front to back. It will take you all most as long to do half of it, and then you'll be wishin' you did the rest.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm 
Talk to Tell ozzy, (Bill), I got him a price on a gallon of spray on bedliner, (Not quite rino, or line-x), but better than what you'll get at vato-zone, and I have the gun for applying it. He wants to do his fenders and rockrails and such, and doesn't need a whole gallon, so he was talking about finding someone to throw down on it with him.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 pm 
Pap's mirror

philbert001 wrote:
Talk to Tell ozzy, (Bill), I got him a price on a gallon of spray on bedliner, (Not quite rino, or line-x), but better than what you'll get at vato-zone, and I have the gun for applying it. He wants to do his fenders and rockrails and such, and doesn't need a whole gallon, so he was talking about finding someone to throw down on it with him.

thought that was a 5 gallon bucket. 1 gallon would be just about right for all that

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:38 pm 
PapsOldDually wrote:
philbert001 wrote:

thought that was a 5 gallon bucket. 1 gallon would be just about right for all that

It's by the gallon. This is stuff I've gotten from sherwin. it goes pretty far. I think it would be enough to do a couple tubs. I guess on tube parts, there's a little more wasted, but who knows.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:27 am 
Tang Soo

last time i got herc i got a gallon of it for under $100 and it had a $20 rebate...i think i was in it for around $70 by the time it was all said and done, which is my opinion is very reasonable...and it is a nice covering, i just did the interior of the baby jeep with it last fall.

mac 'herc was cheaper than the cheap stuff' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:06 am 
Wears purple gloves

My CJ was sprayed before I got it and I LOVE IT!!! I will never have another Jeep without either dooing it or having it done for me. Makes for a fast clean-up also.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7
1992 Toyota 4runner []
[color=#FFFFFF]1983 Jeep CJ5 258 I6 4 speed

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:22 pm 
Jeeper in IN

alright I'll have to look into that

*OLD RED* 1990 xj*4.0*30x9.5x15*(sold)
*ZOMBIE HUNTER*1997 ZJ*5.2*24 lb injectors*msd ignition*taurus cooling fan upgrade*
*OLD WHITE*mud truck*1977*GMC stepside 1 ton*383 stroker*39.5x13.50x16 ss iroks*

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, LJ Tech (Short Wheelbase)