Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech

Post subject: How good would this truck be for off-roading fun?
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:41 am 
Paul Bunyan

I know of a guy selling what appears to be a 1964 F250 4x4 pick-up truck for 1500 obo. Its in pieces now-but its still a rolling chassis/body, but I was told that it has all the parts to be a running truck. The guy selling it took it apart to restore it I think, and the owner's before that used it for snow plowing, farm work. I would be interested if it weren't for the 2 jeeps sitting in chuck's yard/driveway-in pieces. Just curious if 1) anyone is interested in the truck, 2) what you think of it being an off-roader, or 3) interested in buying my cj5 parts so I can buy this truck. I've got pics (taken in the dark) that I'll load as soon as i can. (It's located at centerbrook, IN-between Martinsville and Mooresville on St.Rd. 67.)

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:39 am 
Cliché Master

a 1964 F250 4x4... i would restore it.

Do you have any pics of it? I might be interested

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:20 am 
Paul Bunyan

i've got a few that i took in the dark that i'll get loaded as soon as i can, but-for your reference-i was told that it was running before he took it apart.

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:21 am 
Thread Necromancer

being 4x4, thats probably a somewhat rare truck.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:48 pm 
Paul Bunyan

http://picasaweb.google.com/fprawlins/1964Ford4x4

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:48 pm 
Feeds people vomit

looks prettty clean....divorced transfer case?

'05 Honda Odessey awesomevan
'08 Chevrolet HHR company car - The silver bullet

Whatever....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:11 pm 
Paul Bunyan

i don't know what divorced means-but the transfer case is still on the manual transmission, with both sticks sticking through the floor.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:07 pm 
Cliché Master

divorced means either there is a driveshaft between the tranny and the transfercase,

-or-

you are living in a small apartment or on your brothers couch, cause the biotch got everything.

I'm more inclined to think the former.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:08 pm 
Paul Bunyan

jkirisits wrote:
divorced means either there is a driveshaft between the tranny and the transfercase,

-or-

you are living in a small apartment or on your brothers couch, cause the biotch got everything.

I'm more inclined to think the former.

thanks for the clarification...and i'll find out for ya'll...if i get a chance to stop by again to look at it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:22 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I woulden't buy it to off-road, myabe buy to restore and drive around, but not for off-road.
my 2 cents

<A HREF="http://youtube.com/user/dma2d"> My YouTube page </A>

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:55 pm 
Jeeper in IN

I personally would offer him $800 for it. No more than $1000. Because you are going to put out alot of money in this whatever you do. And do you know for sure that everything works?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:23 am 
Thread Necromancer

That looks sweet, definately wouldn't be a wheeler, that needs to be restored.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:11 am 
Paul Bunyan

there is no engine where its sitting, so all I have is the friend of the guy's word-who said it was running. I forgot to look at the odometer, but it sounded like it had few miles, because the guy kept saying it was original miles... i don't know-it'd be one of those buy, but not sure if its ok to trust kind of trucks....but aren't most truck buys that way?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:37 pm 
Giggling Little Schoolgirl

i would stay away if you want a wheeler... and cost to restore would be through the roof as well...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:40 pm 
Paul Bunyan

Sparky wrote:
i would stay away if you want a wheeler... and cost to restore would be through the roof as well...

no worries there-I've got a cj5 to put together, with the help of chuck and others.

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech