Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech

Post subject: Ford Bronco information..
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:17 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Anybody know what year Bronco comes with a fuel-injected 302 and a 9-inch rear?

Also, what would come in the front of one of those.. a 44?

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post subject: Re: Ford Bronco information..
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:29 pm 
Cliché Master

Alpine wrote:
Anybody know what year Bronco comes with a fuel-injected 302 and a 9-inch rear?

Also, what would come in the front of one of those.. a 44?

no clue, but my buddy has one for sale.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:32 pm 
Paul Bunyan

I'm not sure when they came out with a 302, but my old '88 F150 4x4 AT, had a 302 V8 in it. I'm not sure about the rest of it, but I know that the guy that bought it from me sold it for like 1200 dollars. (Oh, and when I sold it-it was getting about 9 mpg.)

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:38 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Gump01 wrote:
I'm not sure when they came out with a 302, but my old '88 F150 4x4 AT, had a 302 V8 in it. I'm not sure about the rest of it, but I know that the guy that bought it from me sold it for like 1200 dollars. (Oh, and when I sold it-it was getting about 9 mpg.)

Sounds like Alpines looking for a donor to use the motor, and rear axle out of....maybe a complete drivetrain swap....cool

Back to topic...i don't have a clue, but know someone that does...i'll ask the question to him :-)

'05 Honda Odessey awesomevan
'08 Chevrolet HHR company car - The silver bullet

Whatever....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:58 pm 

Chuck wrote:
Gump01 wrote:

Sounds like Alpines looking for a donor to use the motor, and rear axle out of....maybe a complete drivetrain swap....cool

Back to topic...i don't have a clue, but know someone that does...i'll ask the question to him :-)

ding ding ding... we have a winner folks!

I'm not ready yet, but I want to have the information in front of me for when I get that way.

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:24 pm 
a naked man tit in a highschool locker room

Alpine wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Gump01 wrote:

ding ding ding... we have a winner folks!

I'm not ready yet, but I want to have the information in front of me for when I get that way.
If you need a place to work on it let me know. :tu2:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:36 pm 
Giggling Little Schoolgirl

not sure on the year... but the front axle would be a 44 with a 9" rear...
good swap...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:07 pm 
Male nurse in training

I didn't know you where for real about this when we talked the other day. Right on man. I want to help with the swap! lol I bet Macgyver would know about this, since he loves broncos.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:07 am 
Thread Necromancer

I don't think thats a combination that you'll find. They started using the fi302 in the mid 80s in the pony cars, but it probably 86 or 87 when the broncos went FI, by that time they probably had an 8.8. Also, by the time they start putting the FI in them, the front axle was probably a TTB.

House has a bronco he'd give you a good deal on, i'm not sure on the axles though.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works.
'08 Dodge 2500, 6.7 Cummins, 4x4
'78 GMC 4x4 short bed
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:58 am 

kennedy wrote:
I don't think thats a combination that you'll find. They started using the fi302 in the mid 80s in the pony cars, but it probably 86 or 87 when the broncos went FI, by that time they probably had an 8.8. Also, by the time they start putting the FI in them, the front axle was probably a TTB.

House has a bronco he'd give you a good deal on, i'm not sure on the axles though.

You are right. It looks like I'm looking for something that doesn't exist. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:47 am 
Thread Necromancer

Alpine wrote:
kennedy wrote:

:acclaim:

Send House a PM about his bronco, I know he wants to sell it cheap, and its a multiport injection 5.0, I think it will have an 8.8 rear and a D44TTB in the front.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works.
'08 Dodge 2500, 6.7 Cummins, 4x4
'78 GMC 4x4 short bed
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 pm 
Feeds people vomit

kennedy wrote:
Alpine wrote:
kennedy wrote:

:acclaim:

Send House a PM about his bronco, I know he wants to sell it cheap, and its a multiport injection 5.0, I think it will have an 8.8 rear and a D44TTB in the front.

If nothitng else, just use it for the motor/tranny/tcase, find axles from something else...

Whatever....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:26 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Brad says

"Late 80's on up, but they had an 8.8 not a 9 inch and some of them has a fuel injected 351w not a 302."

Whatever....

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech