Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech

Post subject: Biodiesel?
 Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:38 am 
Paul Bunyan

These are a few links to where it appears rather easy to make it...but I according to what I've heard from the professional people/sites I've asked, before 2002, cummins didn't make their engines compatible for anything more than B20...I think. Anyone hear differently? Is biodiesel from cooking grease better than biodiesel from corn?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWuZYDBL3TI&NR=1

http://youtube.com/results?search_query ... arch_type=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsIvHgQe ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsIvHgQe ... re=related

http://www.evolutionbiodieselkits.com/

http://homebiodieselkits.com/

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:13 am 
web wheeling is off the hook!!!

about the only thing i know is from whatching the science channel and the converted a school bus to use the cooking oil one, they didnt explain the pros or cons but they did say pretty much any vehical will work

1987 comanche 4bangin 4x4 (stock for now)
2007 powerwheels jeep unlimited

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:31 am 
Thread Necromancer

As for as Bio from soy beans, you should be able to run just about any grade (B10-B100).

As far as the stuff from WTO... its a pain to convert, and if you convert it wrong it will eat all of the seals in your fuel system.

Also I don't beleive they make it from corn.

Post over on Hoosier Truck Club and see if any of those diesel boys have any insight.

I personally just don't see it being worth it making/converting your own.
If you have a CO-OP or another station that sells B10 or B20, or whichever, then there are no issues running that.

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:56 pm 
Paul Bunyan

oh-my bad about the corn comment...i thought it was made out of corn-but I guess that is just E85...right? anyhow, B10 at the local co-op is just as expensive...if not more expensive than any other station.

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:36 pm 
Feeds people vomit

kennedy wrote:
As for as Bio from soy beans, you should be able to run just about any grade (B10-B100).

As far as the stuff from WTO... its a pain to convert, and if you convert it wrong it will eat all of the seals in your fuel system.

Post over on Hoosier Truck Club and see if any of those diesel boys have any insight.

If you have a CO-OP or another station that sells B10 or B20, or whichever, then there are no issues running that.

Well when your final cost per gallon is $.19....(after initial equipment and setup costs)...it's worth it...

'05 Honda Odessey awesomevan
'08 Chevrolet HHR company car - The silver bullet

Whatever....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:40 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Chuck wrote:
kennedy wrote:

Well when your final cost per gallon is $.19....(after initial equipment and setup costs)...it's worth it...

the initial equipment costs (to do it right) will run anywhere from $300-$1500, then going through the hassel of getting a WVO supply (not as easy as you may think). Your time, all of the chemistry involved, the neighbors worried that you have a meth lab, just not worth the hassle.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:54 am 
Thread Necromancer

This should have everything you needto know about the right way to do it: http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech