Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech

Post subject: No heat
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm 
Male nurse in training

Well I got in the my truck after work today and let it warm up a bit, I went to turn the heat on and it made all the noises it normally makes like when you turn heat or a/c on and off but there was no air coming out of the vents, even when you would turn it all the way up on 4. So I pulled out and got up to about 50, I had the thing turned to 4 (still no heat) and you could just barely feel warm air coming out of it. With a few more miles down the road it suddenly just came on like normal. I haven't driven it anymore to see if it does it again. Its only in the middle 30's here. light rain off and on..Anyone know what my problem could be? Its a 2005 ford F350 with a 6.8L v10. Its just a base model work truck if any of that matters. Thanks for any help guys.

The first part of that was just copied from another forum if it kind of sounds weird but it tells of my problem I was having rather than just retyping it. I'm kind of leaning towards maybe it being the resister rather than the blower motor, both however are right up front mounted on the firewall on the passenger side.

Post subject: Re: No heat
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

If it was the resistor, then only one or more blower "speeds" wouldn't work. I'm betting you lost your blower motor.

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:46 pm 
Male nurse in training

Ok well, like I said its still up front mounted on the firewall so hopefully it won't be to hard to replace. or pricey..

*edit* 40 bucks, not bad

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:21 pm 
Lights fires at 3am & makes syrup

Blend door.

PIA

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:17 pm 
Male nurse in training

Davisio wrote:
Blend door.

PIA

I have no idea what you are talking about

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:29 am 
Lights fires at 3am & makes syrup

There's a door. Behind the dash. It controls warm v. cold air flow. Notorious for not working. It's a Pain In the Ass. Mostly because it is behind the dash. In your's, specifically, I think it is behind the glove box. Had it happen to my truck.

You might just see if it moves. IE take everything out and look at the motor while you play with the controls. It's like a $55 part.

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Scout, Ford, Chevy & Dodge full size tech