Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech

Post subject: What I wasted my money on and it didnt work!!!
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:37 am 
I am sure we all have spent some green on a product, a performance part, and synthetic fluid

- ceramic brake pads, ended up ruining my stock rotors, didnt make my rims dirty(so gay)
-180 thermostat to run a cooler vehicle, but learning about a loop system and finding out that my mileage has gone down since, cutting holes in my hood for heat dissipation and installing vents off a Trans Am, winter time sucks when the heat just blows cold and take forever to heat up.
-Lucas injector cleaner works to clean out injectors, but plugged my #3 injector($56)
- bushwacker flares, broke one while taking out the box
-I am still torn about K/N cold air intake, how the hell do you find a replacement filter so yo can have one for trail and one for everyday driving?

Post subject: Re: What I wasted my money on and it didnt work!!!
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:43 am 
Likes dudes pitching tents

I slid this into Misc 4x4 tech, as it is going to be highly informative to all 4x4 people. :)

Thanks for starting this post - awesome idea! :tu2:

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:46 am 
Likes dudes pitching tents

I'll add to this. On my sister's XJ, I used an external voltage regulator meant for a Dodge to bypass the PCM (she was having random weird charging issues). It never did charge properly - even after a new alternator & battery.

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:33 am 
Thread Necromancer

xjryder wrote:
-I am still torn about K/N cold air intake, how the hell do you find a replacement filter so yo can have one for trail and one for everyday driving?

Don't run a K&N off road, just use a paper filter. The K&N will allow to much crap past it and into your engine. Plus as soon a a K&N gets wet, its useless, it will allow water and crude to pass right through. A paper filter will actually keep a small amount of water from going through. (K&N will allow a splash through, paper will stop a splash of water).

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:57 pm 
Huge 2in lift shackles off ebay. Got me the lift i was looking for...at the cost of horrible steering and 2 bent leaf springs. Only had them on about 2 weeks or less before just giving in and ordering a lift.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:21 am 
Thread Necromancer

My Ukranian mail order bride never showed up

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:42 pm 
Has people been deleting funny stuff so if I said Portmanteau midget prostitute it will be gone?

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:46 pm 
xjryder wrote:
Has people been deleting funny stuff so if I said Portmanteau midget prostitute it will be gone?

No, probably not because this is your thread. But you do have my undivided attention now! I've been looking for one of those for years! :eyebrows:

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:58 pm 
Jeeper in IN

wheel spacers what was i thinking! :doh:
jks quick disco's might be good for some people but no sway bars are better :tu2:
a/t tires :doh: (no offense to anyone wheeling them)

4" rough country suspension lift 2" bds body lift ford 8.8 rear dana 30 front 33x12.50x15 bfg m/t with 15x8 procomp soft 8's 8000lb smitty built winch
dd saturn vue

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:58 pm 
Baby puncher

yes...a/t tires bring the suck. I definitely don't like the no swaybar thing though. I've driven like that for a while, and haven't had a rear swaybar for a couple years. But with the way I enjoy driving I need that front sway bar on there. It's a race jeep...duh. Plus you can't pull a TJ wheelie with no swaybars.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 pm 
web wheeling is off the hook!!!

ima throw this one out there most allready know but some dont.... fix-a-flat or like tire sealants never ever use that crap. just plug it or take it in and get it repaired

1987 comanche 4bangin 4x4 (stock for now)
2007 powerwheels jeep unlimited

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:03 am 
trained to drive the choo choo

Bryan wrote:
ima throw this one out there most allready know but some dont.... fix-a-flat or like tire sealants never ever use that crap. just plug it or take it in and get it repaired

Was that on an off road tire? I've used it on car tires with success. I'm sure the guy changing your tires doesn't like it.

My mind is like a steel trap, everything that goes in comes out mutilated.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:05 pm 
web wheeling is off the hook!!!

Scout-Matt wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Was that on an off road tire? I've used it on car tires with success. I'm sure the guy changing your tires doesn't like it.

i used it on a car tire. and when you do go to get your tires changed ive heard of some places charging extra if you put that stuff in mostly cause its so freaking nasty to clean up

1987 comanche 4bangin 4x4 (stock for now)
2007 powerwheels jeep unlimited

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:30 pm 
Baby puncher

3 dana 35's...

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech