Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech

Post subject: shock tuning
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:34 pm 
Ok, so im new to the whole suspension tuning world. We are running fox 2.0 reservoir shocks on our TREC rigs. They can be tuned softer or more firm depending on your rig and needs. Only problem is, i dont know how to relate what i currently feel to what i should be feeling, and what to do to properly adjust. Ive tried finding good sites, but all im coming up with is bike and atv/sidexside sites. So if anyone knows of any good informational sources, please let me know. I tried Fox's site too, but its just bikes as far as tuning help.

Post subject: Re: shock tuning
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Try the forum here:
http://www.jeepspeed.com/main.shtml

May be some useful info here also:
http://www.prerunnermaniac.com/Offroad-Racing/Racing-Features/JeepSpeed-%96-Racing-on-the-Cheap.php

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm 
ffjeep wrote:
Dick wrote:
Ok, so im new to the whole suspension tuning world. We are running fox 2.0 reservoir shocks on our TREC rigs. They can be tuned softer or more firm depending on your rig and needs. Only problem is, i dont know how to relate what i currently feel to what i should be feeling, and what to do to properly adjust. Ive tried finding good sites, but all im coming up with is bike and atv/sidexside sites. So if anyone knows of any good informational sources, please let me know. I tried Fox's site too, but its just bikes as far as tuning help.

Go talk to Branik!

Theres too much to know. Id never remember anything. I need something i can go back to for reference

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:02 pm 
what it was before for all i care

I would talk to the jeepspeed guys. They know there stuff thats for sure. Also Branik may atleast be able to give you and idea of what you need to do.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:03 pm 
mister wiskers

look for billavista's write up on pirate. in the tech section.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:28 am 
Tang Soo

Dick wrote:
ffjeep wrote:
Dick wrote:

Go talk to Branik!

Theres too much to know. Id never remember anything. I need something i can go back to for reference

call rosco or dino. of all the people that i know locally they have done more tuning of shocks and have a shim kit too for 2.0 and 2.5 shocks with the information on how to make shims to change things. they can definately tell you seat of the pants feel and what you should or shouldn't be feeling. i'm sure rosco would go for a ride with you somewhere too to feel it himself. they have used the 2.0 and 2.5 air shocks but the information they have should at least give you a start on yours even with coil springs. also you will want to, if you didn't when you got them, make sure the shocks have the right amount of oil and nitrogen in them. that makes a difference as well.

if you need either one of their numbers text me.

mac 'shock tuning is almost an art' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Misc 4x4 Tech