Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos

Post subject: CJ7 Fiberglass, 350...VIDEO UPLOADED
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:09 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I thought i'd start a new thread because the other one was getting crowded or not on track or something.

Fiberglass tub, one piece front clip, 350 Chevy V8, T150, Dana20 tcase, factory axles...for now.

Here's the pics guys!!
I want to say thank you to both Ken (for the sweet deal) and to Mike for bringing Ken to the board. Without either of you this wouldn't be possible.

Sexy motor

Shackle reversal kit

Is this clean or what...

Sweet motor mounts

I'll work hard to continue taking progress pictures and giving regular updates, but with two kids and a wife i make no promises.

Later

'05 Honda Odessey awesomevan
'08 Chevrolet HHR company car - The silver bullet

Whatever....

Last edited by Chuck on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: CJ7 Fiberglass, 350...
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:58 pm 
Pap's mirror

chuck, it was nice to finally meet ya and be able to thanks in person. :tu2: . good luck with your new project...ya jerk....looks like ya got pretty good project to work on...

thanks again, good seeing you too gump! :2up:

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:10 pm 
Feeds people vomit

PapsOldDually wrote:
chuck, it was nice to finally meet ya and be able to thanks in person. :tu2: . good luck with your new project...ya jerk....looks like ya got pretty good project to work on...

Ditto on meeting you and you're welcome. i'm glad it worked out. Thank you for finding Ken.

Hopefully i'll sell my TJ saturday and can order some parts...like wheels and tires

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:05 am 
Looks very clean chuck :tu2: I'll be watchin this build for sure!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:37 am 
what it was before for all i care

:tu2:

You going to want to wheel that thing when its done?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:49 am 
Paul Bunyan

PapsOldDually wrote:

It was good to see you too! Thanks alot for helping us load that thing!! I'm sure my back would be hurting alot more if you hadn't shown up, haha.

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:59 am 
Thread Necromancer

looks sweet.
Pipes and Gena will be jelous... but in a sense, you'll have matching CJs

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:53 am 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
I thought i'd start a new thread because the other one was getting crowded or not on track or something.

Fiberglass tub, one piece front clip, 350 Chevy V8, T150, Dana20 tcase, factory axles...for meow.

Here's the pics guys!!
I want to say thank you to both Ken (for the sweet deal) and to Mike for bringing Ken to the board. Without either of you this wouldn't be possible.

Sexy motor

Shackle reversal kit

Is this clean or what...

Sweet motor mounts

I'll work hard to continue taking progress pictures and giving regular updates, but with two kids and a wife i make no promises.

Later

Hey - glad you like what ya got and I wish Ya well . I'll keep my eye out for more stuff for ya at good prices. Guess ya didn't want that sump gas tank but if ya change your mind yell . -- Ken

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:22 pm 
Likes dudes pitching tents

Nice project! That thing's clean!

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:18 am 
Feeds people vomit

Ken, you've got a sump gas tank?

How about bump stops, or rear spring hangers?

Looks like i'm going to move the motor/tranny/tcase up about 2" so my headers fit and so my HEI distributor fits....that should be fun.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:18 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:

Looks like i'm going to move the motor/tranny/tcase up about 2" so my headers fit and so my HEI distributor fits....that should be fun.

Yes I told ya I have a sump tank out of mine ya can have - no bump stops but the stock rear hangers are in one of those boxes -I saw them - I also am replacing my porportion valve and ya can have my stock one - just figure out how to get the stuff to ya- let me know - Ken

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:47 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Yes I told ya I have a sump tank out of mine ya can have - no bump stops but the stock rear hangers are in one of those boxes -I saw them - I also am replacing my porportion valve and ya can have my stock one - just figure out how to get the stuff to ya- let me know - Ken

Sweet...i'll take whatever you wanna throw my way :-) I may drive the grocery getter up there..anyone coming to the badlands soon?

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:53 pm 
Pap's mirror

Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Sweet...i'll take whatever you wanna throw my way :-) I may drive the grocery getter up there..anyone coming to the badlands soon?

i think there are some guys coming down this weekend check the wheelin thread.

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:12 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Ok the tank & valve are yours, I'll save em for ya - what ya going to run for instruments? Neighbor is going to change his and might sell his old set (almost new) cheap. Let me know - Ken

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:52 am 
Tang Soo

Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

going fort wayne to the badlands this weekend...saturday morning to sunday sometime

mac 'let me know' gyvr

My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
My Drinking Team has a Racing Problem

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:28 am 
Paul Bunyan

Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Ok the tank & valve are yours, I'll save em for ya - what ya going to run for instruments? Neighbor is going to change his and might sell his old set (almost new) cheap. Let me know - Ken

What kind are the instruments? All he has are some factory stuff that a mutual friend gave him.

DD: '96 Chevy K2500HD, ext. cab, LB, 4x4, 5 sp, PMD relocate, air filter retrofit, Banks Exhaust, 6.5L "F" diesel, Hideaway gooseneck hitch, Rear bumper hitch, Pyro Gauge, Boost Gauge, custom fog lamps mounted on a custom front hitch, DIY wastegate, A/C delete.

Wish List: some sort of scangauge, muffler & CAT delete, Walbro fuel pump & marine fuel filter, Feed the Beast mod (have fittings already)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:15 am 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

I'll take them, $50 cheap or what? Can you and Mac get hooked up to get me the tank and valve, and possibly the guages this weekend? Mac's coming down to the badlands.

MAC!! Can you get with Ken sometime to get me this stuff? Or maybe mike, can you be the deliverer between ken and mike?

thanks guys!!

Whatever....

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:19 am 
Thread Necromancer

Gump01 wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

What kind are the instruments? All he has are some factory stuff that a mutual friend gave him.

Tuba's, Saxaphones, and an old Jaw Harp

Chuck... Hot Dog Friday is this friday, may be a good chance to go get your parts, and meet up with some cool people.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 am 
Feeds people vomit

kennedy wrote:

Tuba's, Saxaphones, and an old Jaw Harp

Chuck... Hot Dog Friday is this friday, may be a good chance to go get your parts, and meet up with some cool people.

Gump closes on his house this friday, i'll be up there. Thanks for the heads up though.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:49 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I got the rear axle in

nice track bar (shackle with heim joint up front)

Boomerang shackles in the rear

Ordered these sweet flush mount LED tail lights / back up lamps...check these things out!

Found these nice seats on ebay....the red stitches will match the rest of the red accents nicely.

Oh, and I got an aluminum radiator already set up for a CJ with a Chevy 350...

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:18 am 
SUPER CLEAN :eek2: I'm speechless :2up:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:16 am 
Jeeper in IN

Looks like ya are making good headway - Doing a nice job! - Really like those seats - Do they come in different widths for different size butts? Hang in - Ken - Oh yeah - If we ever get together again explain how to post pics on this board - PLEASE!

Hey Chuck - That red paint is Valspar -4632 - Bright Red - I buy it at Tractor Supply - in case ya need to redo anything - and before I forget - if was ya I'd get a cross brace under that motor betrween the mounts - all the stock V8's had one to keep the frame from spreading apart and your motor is set up higher! If ya can't find one I have a stocker out of mine - When I put the last motor in I used a reverse oil pan and had to make a new and different one - Ken again

Last edited by Ken on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:13 am 
Thread Necromancer

Chuck wrote:
Ordered these sweet flush mount LED tail lights / back up lamps...check these things out!
[

You should have Dave help you install them :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:22 am 
We are actually looking to use those LED's , Where do you find those bad boys?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:50 pm 
Pap's mirror

xjryder wrote:

truck stops,
truck pro up at the end of Coliseum,
napa

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:32 am 
Feeds people vomit

xjryder wrote:

Those particular ones with the reverse LED's around the edge are from Ebay. Maxxima Hybrid series

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Maxxim ... ccessories

[quote="ken"]Looks like ya are making good headway - Doing a nice job! - Really like those seats - Do they come in different widths for different size butts? Hang in - Ken - Oh yeah - If we ever get together again explain how to post pics on this board - PLEASE!

Hey Chuck - That red paint is Valspar -4632 - Bright Red - I buy it at Tractor Supply - in case ya need to redo anything - and before I forget - if was ya I'd get a cross brace under that motor betrween the mounts - all the stock V8's had one to keep the frame from spreading apart and your motor is set up higher! If ya can't find one I have a stocker out of mine - When I put the last motor in I used a reverse oil pan and had to make a new and different one - Ken again[/qoute]

The seats only come in one width, 22" i think. I got them from ebay new for $181 for a pair. plus $115 shipping (they're big).

Thanks for the cross member tip, i'll fab up something sweet. I'm trying to figure out what all the brackets welded to the frame are for. In the front there are two that look like the radiator support should bolt to them, but the radiator bracket i got from you doesn't fit them. And there are about 6 little black brackets, with sliders and pivot pins, what are those for?

Pics are interesting. You have to host them on a picture hosting website, such as flickr, or winkflash, or kodak. then, once you've uploaded your pics to that website. You can usually find a "link to this photo" button on the page displaying your photo. Simply copy that link and paste it in this forum. Sometimes the photo hosting websites offer multiple links, which are all different, so you should copy one, paste it here, then scroll down here to the "preview" button to see if that particular link style worked. If it didn't, delete it, copy the next link to this photo link and paste that one. Keep trying till you find out which format of link works.

Good luck.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:14 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Thanks for the info about pictures - don't know why the support doesn't fit - he bought that kit I gave ya - show me a pic of those other brackets and I'll tell ya if I know - KEN

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:34 pm 
Pap's mirror

hey ken,

if you scroll down like you are going to hit the "submit" box to send a message , go down just a little bit further. you will see a spot there that says upload attachments, and a "browse" in white box. click the browse and it will let you post pics right from your computer instead of hosting them somewhere else.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:07 pm 
PapsOldDually wrote:
hey ken,

if you scroll down like you are going to hit the "submit" box to send a message , go down just a little bit further. you will see a spot there that says upload attachments, and a "browse" in white box. click the browse and it will let you post pics right from your computer instead of hosting them somewhere else.

That is what I do,just remember to go to open for editing and downsize like 50%.that usually works.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 am 
Jeeper in IN

GoodfellazXJ wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:
hey ken,

That is what I do,just remember to go to open for editing and downsize like 50%.that usually works.

Thanks a lot! - Thinking of selling mine, the yellow one - or trading for a more stocker - so I might be posting that as soon as I decide. - KEN

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:01 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
GoodfellazXJ wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:
hey ken,

Thanks a lot! - Thinking of selling mine, the yellow one - or trading for a more stocker - so I might be posting that as soon as I decide. - KEN

I'll trade you for a nice project, you can build it as stock as you want to! :-) j/k

Whatever....

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:07 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
GoodfellazXJ wrote:
PapsOldDually wrote:
hey ken,

I'll trade you for a nice project, you can build it as stock as you want to! :-) j/k

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Thanks - but I want something running - Don't want to build from the ground up anymore - Ken

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:39 am 
Paul Bunyan

Ken wrote:
Thanks - but I want something running - Don't want to build from the ground up anymore - Ken

I've got a cj5 that's running...on 4 of the 8 cylinders, haha. Just kidding - I need to learn to rebuild an engine anyways. (could a moderator move these last few posts (including this one) so Chuck can get back to his build? thanks! )

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:13 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Gump01 wrote:
Ken wrote:

I've got a cj5 that's running...on 4 of the 8 cylinders, haha. Just kidding - I need to learn to rebuild an engine anyways. (could a moderator move these last few posts (including this one) so Chuck can get back to his build? thanks! )

Certainly - sorry about that - Thought ya were going to sell your 5 ? - Ken

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:26 pm 
Paul Bunyan

Ken wrote:
Gump01 wrote:
Ken wrote:

after I saw that it fit in my garage, I changed my mind, haha. But I have emissions testing up here, so I'm going to have to rebuild the engine anyways - and hopefully then I'll pass...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:35 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Gump01 wrote:
Ken wrote:
Gump01 wrote:
Ken wrote:

after I saw that it fit in my garage, I changed my mind, haha. But I have emissions testing up here, so I'm going to have to rebuild the engine anyways - and hopefully then I'll pass...

Good luck - emissions testing sucks big time - Ken

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:21 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Gump01 wrote:

Its over 25 years old, you should be able to plate it as a classic and not have to worry about it.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:58 pm 
Paul Bunyan

kennedy wrote:
Gump01 wrote:

Its over 25 years old, you should be able to plate it as a classic and not have to worry about it.

nope - only pre-75. But - I might be able to post it as an auxiliary vehicle that's driven less than 3,000 miles a year, and then pass using that particular exemption

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:39 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Back on topic....i should be taking this thing in for paint next week sometime (i hope)

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:56 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Chuck wrote:
Back on topic....i should be taking this thing in for paint next week sometime (i hope)

What color?

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:27 pm 
Paul Bunyan

kennedy wrote:
Chuck wrote:

What color?

not hot pink - brandi said she would leave him (well maybe not...but i don't think she'd be too happy)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:01 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Gump01 wrote:
kennedy wrote:
Chuck wrote:

What color?

not hot pink - brandi said she would leave him (well maybe not...but i don't think she'd be too happy)

Damn... I was going to suggest a metalic candy pearl pink....

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:46 am 
Feeds people vomit

saturn vue blue....metal flake

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:08 am 
Looks greaaaaaat :2up: :2up: You goin to have it ready for Indy?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:12 pm 
Feeds people vomit

kjeepb95 wrote:
Looks greaaaaaat :2up: :2up: You goin to have it ready for Indy?

I doubt it, i'm not making any deadlines for this project. It'll get done when it gets done...it'll be right.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:15 am 
Jeeper in IN

Hey Chuck - Did ya figure out what those brackets were ? - Do ya still want that tank and valve? - Waited for a call last week but never heard - KEN

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:57 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Hey Chuck - Did ya figure out what those brackets were ? - Do ya still want that tank and valve? - Waited for a call last week but never heard - KEN

Yeah i still want them, would you ship them to me? i can send you a check.

Thanks
Chuck...i'll take pics tonight of those brackets.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:25 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Well i'm glad i opened up the motor...i wanted to put in my cam and my other heads. i found a motor that hasn't been apart for awhile...lots of crud packed around the head bolts (under valve covers) and a fat ring of carbon build up at the top of each piston. Now i've got to decide if i wanna rebuild it or not.

I don't have much more money for this project...

pooo

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:34 pm 
Paul Bunyan

Chuck wrote:
Well i'm glad i opened up the motor...i wanted to put in my cam and my other heads. i found a motor that hasn't been apart for awhile...lots of crud packed around the head bolts (under valve covers) and a fat ring of carbon build up at the top of each piston. meow i've got to decide if i wanna rebuild it or not.

pooo

NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:26 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Chuck wrote:
Well i'm glad i opened up the motor...i wanted to put in my cam and my other heads. i found a motor that hasn't been apart for awhile...lots of crud packed around the head bolts (under valve covers) and a fat ring of carbon build up at the top of each piston. meow i've got to decide if i wanna rebuild it or not.

pooo

just file it round again and shove it back in...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:46 am 
Jeeper in IN

Sorry to hear about that motor - I told ya all I knew about it - Ken

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Sorry to hear about that motor - I told ya all I knew about it - Ken

No worries, i'm going to tear it down completely, get it mic'd and go from there. It'll at least get new rings.

I'm just worried about the "fresh" transmission and transfer case now....

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:37 am 
Jeeper in IN

Don't blame ya - Don't see why people lie - it's not like I was going to buy it! - I'll see if I can come up with some parts to help ya out - don't forget the pics of those brackets - did ya get instruments? - what about a steering box? - what else do ya need? = I'm looking for a box for that tank but if I have to buy one then ship it it's not going to be cheap! - Ken

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Maybe i'll drive up there wed afternoon, i've got my girls from noon - 9pm, so we'll just make a trip for the tank and the valve. I don't have a good set of guages yet. I'll take any parts you wanna throw my way. The cylinders look good, but i'm going to get the block boiled and mic'd, then go from there, hopefully it just needs rings and gaskets. While its out i'll throw on a chrome oil pan, do you know what the one one it's off of? it looks deeper and has it's own dipstick hole thats been pinched and soldered.

Let me know if wed works for your, i'll be there around 3pm or so.

THanks

I'll just bring the brackets with me.

Chuck

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:41 am 
Jeeper in IN

Wed. looks OK - you might call first in case of emer. - but I am supposed to be here - The oil pan - he said was - I repeat - he said was an early truck 327 - that explains the dipstick hole - Talk at ya Wed. - Ken

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:22 am 
Jeeper in IN

Hope ya got home in one piece - here is the Stainless tubing people - CLASSIC TUBE - 800-882-3711 - BEFORE YA ORDER THE LEFT FRONT ONE - Give me some time I still might get ya it - Your kids are ornery - nice! - Ken

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:19 am 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Hope ya got home in one piece - here is the Stainless tubing people - CLASSIC TUBE - 800-882-3711 - BEFORE YA ORDER THE LEFT FRONT ONE - Give me some time I still might get ya it - Your kids are ornery - nice! - Ken

Alright, i'll hold off for a bit. Thanks again Ken, it was nice to hang out and chat a bit.

Chuck

Just so it's written down somewhere, i'm interested in the
Shocks
Doors
Instruments
Fender Flares

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:43 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:

Alright, i'll hold off for a bit. Thanks again Ken, it was nice to hang out and chat a bit.

Chuck

Just so it's written down somewhere, i'm interested in the
Shocks
Doors
Instruments
Fender Flares

Last edited by Ken on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:41 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Here's my sticky motor...
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 am 
Feeds people vomit

Calling Ken :-) I'm really close to needing that brake line, and guages. Are you any closer on getting yours on the road how you want it?

Let me know,
Chuck

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:57 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
Calling Ken :-) I'm really close to needing that brake line, and guages. Are you any closer on getting yours on the road how you want it?

Let me know,
Chuck

The brake line is supposed to be coming - but I haven't seen it yet - I'll call agin!!! The guages will be spring - Going to use it as is in Jan. then redo the dash - Oh the speedo should be in about a month - no choice - have to switch to electric - --- Have to change out those new mufflers - to much back pressure won't idle for ***** - still have to section the hood and front fenders - The doors should be before xmas and the rear shocks as soon as I can get the bucks to buy some remote gas shocks - fixed the front pinion shaft so I'm back in 4wheel again - Building a set of guard my rockers and exahust and step thingys - Have to take out the trans brake and put in a new shifter - have to be done by Jan. - so figure out what ya want and how much it's worth and let me know - did I forget anything???? Oh yeah the brake line is free of course - Oh the top I'm staying black so it is staying on - If ya don't want stuff let me know - I want to get rid of it asap every $$$$ counts Ha HA - Found a complete mechanical clutch linkage set brand new in my storage shed so if ya know someone who needs it let me know- THANKS - KEN

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:31 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Let me know,
Chuck

The brake line is supposed to be coming - but I haven't seen it yet - I'll call agin!!! The guages will be spring - Going to use it as is in Jan. then redo the dash - Oh the speedo should be in about a month - no choice - have to switch to electric - --- Have to change out those new mufflers - to much back pressure won't idle for ***** - still have to section the hood and front fenders - The doors should be before xmas and the rear shocks as soon as I can get the bucks to buy some remote gas shocks - fixed the front pinion shaft so I'm back in 4wheel again - Building a set of guard my rockers and exahust and step thingys - Have to take out the trans brake and put in a new shifter - have to be done by Jan. - so figure out what ya want and how much it's worth and let me know - did I forget anything???? Oh yeah the brake line is free of course - Oh the top I'm staying black so it is staying on - If ya don't want stuff let me know - I want to get rid of it asap every $$$$ counts Ha HA - Found a complete mechanical clutch linkage set brand new in my storage shed so if ya know someone who needs it let me know- THANKS - KEN

Would you mind putting together a sort of care package with the speedo and the brake line for me and shipping them to me this time? i'll pay shipping charges.

Are the doors full hard doors with glass windows? I'll have to think about weather or not i want full hard doors. I might end up with some half doors.

So for the speedo, rear shocks, and a set of fender flare (i think you said you had some of those) i'll give you $100? (don't be insulted...i'm low on funds, let me know what you want/need out of them and we'll work on it)

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:41 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Progress has been slow, however; i did get the tie rod flip insert welded into the knuckles, and i'm working on getting the new motor together. Waiting on a new set of head bolts to come in.

here's some pics

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:58 pm 
Paul Bunyan

sweeeeet!! Shiny!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:10 am 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck - sent ya a PM- Ken

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:30 am 
Jeeper in IN

Hey Chuck - told ya I was working on some stuff - have a chance at a brown top - need cash - what is my black top and half soft doors worth to ya - So ya want flares OK - rear shocks - OK - speedo - OK - those doors have mirrors on them also - Doors are salty $$$ - Should have Willy back in a couple of weeks - having parts trouble - Do ya need windshield hinges ? - KEN

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Hey Chuck - told ya I was working on some stuff - have a chance at a brown top - need cash - what is my black top and half soft doors worth to ya - So ya want flares OK - rear shocks - OK - speedo - OK - those doors have mirrors on them also - Doors are salty $$$ - Should have Willy back in a couple of weeks - having parts trouble - Do ya need windshield hinges ? - KEN

well i don't have much money either :-) How about $500 and you keep the doors...i want them but i doubt you'll sell them that cheap.

Let me know

Whatever....

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:05 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:

well i don't have much money either :-) How about $500 and you keep the doors...i want them but i doubt you'll sell them that cheap.

Let me know

OK - As soon as I get the willy's back- Let's get together - do ya want to help me take the top off so you can be sure of all the brackets and stuff - WE HAVE A DEAL - I'm buying the brown top!!! - Oh yeah I have your brake line - Ya didn't say if ya need windshield hinges ? - See what ya can come up with for the doors I won't try to sell them until we get together and ya see them - KEN

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:41 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:

Let me know

OK - As soon as I get the willy's back- Let's get together - do ya want to help me take the top off so you can be sure of all the brackets and stuff - WE HAVE A DEAL - I'm buying the brown top!!! - Oh yeah I have your brake line - Ya didn't say if ya need windshield hinges ? - See what ya can come up with for the doors I won't try to sell them until we get together and ya see them - KEN

Sounds good, just let me know when you get your jeep back and we'll schedule a time for me to come up....AGAIN!! :-)

Chuck

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:

Let me know

Sounds good, just let me know when you get your jeep back and we'll schedule a time for me to come up....AGAIN!! :-)

Chuck

Your ....AGAIN!! is kind of a bother - if ya don't want to come up here say so and I'll pull the top for ya and ya can have someone else pick up the stuff - same deal - but ---- forget it - just let me know what you want to do!

Last edited by Ken on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:44 am 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:

Let me know

Chuck

Your ....AGAIN!! is kind of a bother - if ya don't want to come up here say so and I'll pull the top for ya and ya can have someone else pick up the stuff - same deal - I suppose at the over the top prices I have charged ya I should deliver but ---- forget it - just let me know what you want to do!

Oh no no no, please don't take offense to that. I really don't mind coming up, and i really would like to make sure i know how it goes together. You've been so gracious and giving to me i can't complain one bit, and i'm not! :-) You have given me the hook up over and over again. I need to figure out what i have that you need so i can repay you in some way other than cash.

If you ever need a home inspected, let me know :-) It's on the house!

Thanks so much for teaching me and giving me sweet deals.

Chuck

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:24 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Forget it - you do not owe me anything - no-one does - I will let you know as soon as I get it back and we can take care of business - KEN

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:42 am 
Feeds people vomit

Now just as a disclaimer, i'm no professional motor guy. I don't know what durations my cams got, i don't know about flat top or dome top pistons, i have learned how to put them together so they run though...and i know how to buy parts online, but other than that...i'm clueless :-)

I've got the motor alomst back together. It's bored .030 over, comp cams Extreme4x4 cam, cloyes gear drive timing, heads have hardened seats and Z28 Camaro valve springs, edelbrock performer intake and some huge carb i might change.
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project

Whatever....

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:01 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:36 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Looking good !!!!! - Should run nice with lots of botom end - Your right that street avenger is way to much carb and they do not take being tilted at acute angles - Holleys offroad double pumper is the way to go if ya can affoird one - about a 650 CFM - (just advice) that engine paint on your exahst port gasket areas will cause you problems (you'll have leaks and loose header bolts as it burns away) - going to be a nice 7 when ya get it done !!!!! Still having parts problems so I think I'm going to bring my willys home next week - let ya know - I might have found ya some more small items for yours also - I wish I would have kept that skid plate ya have on that one as I think I'm going to have to buy one now - Ha Ha never fails does it! Talk at ya later - Ken

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:17 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I'll try to come up with a skid plate, i've got a couple of good CJ sources here in Lafayette.

Thanks for the tips, i'll take all i can get, especially from a drag race king with experience :-) I'm not TOO worried about getting an offroad carb as we don't plan to take this one off road. So i'm thinking about just something smaller than whatever that monster is. I ran a 650 on my last motor that was built like this one. And you're right, it had TONS of low end.

Are those pistons i had in it called flat tops even though they've got the cut outs for the valves? Just curious.

Let me know when you get yours home and we'll try to setup a time for me to come up. I think we're planning a trip up that way in another week or so, that could work out well.

I wondered about the paint. I figured i'd scrape it off of there. I also scraped off the intake side for a clean metal / gasket / metal seal. I don't wanna take this apart again :-)

Thanks again for all your advice ken. You've been a great help.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:54 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Chuck wrote:
I'll try to come up with a skid plate

Dad has one I'm sure he'll make ya a deal on...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:57 pm 
spackled

Chuck wrote:
Are those pistons i had in it called flat tops even though they've got the cut outs for the valves? Just curious.

Yes, they are flat tops, even with the valve notches. For a "dished piston" the entire top of the piston would be concave. (think reverse dome)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:09 am 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
I'll try to come up with a skid plate, i've got a couple of good CJ sources here in Lafayette.

Thanks for the tips, i'll take all i can get, especially from a drag race king with experience :-) I'm not TOO worried about getting an offroad carb as we don't plan to take this one off road. So i'm thinking about just something smaller than whatever that monster is. I ran a 650 on my last motor that was built like this one. And you're right, it had TONS of low end.

Let me know when you get yours home and we'll try to setup a time for me to come up. I think we're planning a trip up that way in another week or so, that could work out well.

I wondered about the paint. I figured i'd scrape it off of there. I also scraped off the intake side for a clean metal / gasket / metal seal. I don't wanna take this apart again :-)

Thanks again for all your advice ken. You've been a great help.

I would not call those pistons flat tops - to me they are a relieved piston - remind me and I'll tell ya an easy way to mask gasket surfaces (beats scraping) - Thanks but there is a big difference between a street racer and a drag race king (mostly $$$$) (guess it's better than being called a drag queen though - ha ha ) Thanks for looking for a skid plate - going to switch to a T 700 along with my NP 205 so I need a wider plate than stock I think??? - Ken

Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:22 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Hey chuck - Willy's is back - I'll start removing the shocks and flairs for ya until I hear - The damn new steering box is faulty so I have to replace that again !!!! - Then it's top and windshield frame time - I might just have wipers and defrosters, ya know all that luxury crap - ha ha Ken

Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:14 pm 
Pap's mirror

Ken wrote:
Hey chuck - Willy's is back - I'll start removing the shocks and flairs for ya until I hear - The damn new steering box is faulty so I have to replace that again !!!! - Then it's top and windshield frame time - I might just have wipers and defrosters, ya know all that luxury crap - ha ha Ken

hey hey hey...are you taking part the yellow race jeep? :? :eek2: . hey ken i have a small skid off my old dually. not sure it the right 1. i'll try to get a pic up tmw for ya. if its the right 1 its yours. :tu2:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:57 am 
Jeeper in IN

PapsOldDually wrote:
Ken wrote:

hey hey hey...are you taking part the yellow race jeep? :? :eek2: . hey ken i have a small skid off my old dually. not sure it the right 1. i'll try to get a pic up tmw for ya. if its the right 1 its yours. :tu2:

Yep it's becoming an old guy's luxury street jeep - I'll keep an eye out for your pic = thank ya !!!! - Ken

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:05 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ken, i think we're coming up to your area this weekend (the 24th and 25th) saturday and sunday. I've got stuff going on saturday, but would be free sunday to work on removing the top and stuff.

What do you think?

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:17 pm 
Pap's mirror

not sure if this what your after or not. its like 20 X 21 maybe?its got a bend to it that would need fixed

Attachments:
skidplate.JPG
skidplate.JPG [ 143.9 KiB | Viewed 79956 times ]

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:49 pm 
Jeeper in IN

PapsOldDually wrote:
not sure if this what your after or not. its like 20 X 21 maybe?its got a bend to it that would need fixed

Thank ya but that one's not near wide enough for mine - probably just have to buckle down and fab one - Thanks again - Ken

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:52 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
Ken, i think we're coming up to your area this weekend (the 24th and 25th) saturday and sunday. I've got stuff going on saturday, but would be free sunday to work on removing the top and stuff.

What do you think?

I think that would be perfect - about what time ? - Would ya be alone or with family ? - Ken

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:08 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

What do you think?

I think that would be perfect - about what time ? - Would ya be alone or with family ? - Ken

Looks like i'll be alone, and i can come over as early as you'd like sunday morning. The earlier the better for me but i'm happy to work around your schedule. Just let me know :)

Thanks,
Chuck

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:14 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
Ken wrote:
Chuck wrote:

What do you think?

Looks like i'll be alone, and i can come over as early as you'd like sunday morning. The earlier the better for me but i'm happy to work around your schedule. Just let me know :)

Thanks,
Chuck

I'm up and around by eight so make your self happy - Ken

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:13 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Ok, i'll plan on being there around 8:30 or so.

Thanks a lot ken,
Chuck

Whatever....

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:59 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Chuck wrote:
Ok, i'll plan on being there around 8:30 or so.

Thanks a lot ken,
Chuck

See ya Sunday Chuck - Thanks - Ken

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:20 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Update, the motors in, and i picked up a bunch more parts from Ken last weekend. Thanks again ken, it was good talking with you.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:21 am 
Feeds people vomit

Tranny crossmember built, drivers seat, pedals (emergency brake pedal too) steering column, brake master cyl, clutch master, body bolted down....we're making progress.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:22 am 

Chuck wrote:
Tranny crossmember built, drivers seat, pedals (emergency brake pedal too) steering column, brake master cyl, clutch master, body bolted down....we're making progress.

pics?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:36 pm 
Thread Necromancer

chaz wrote:
Chuck wrote:

pics?

word

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:52 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Give me some slack, i've got kids and a wife :-)

I know it doesn't protect anything from anything, but i don't see this thing going anywhere offroad at the moment, and if i chose to, i can mod this one into a sweet skid plate that'll weigh more than the tub :)

i used 2x2x1/4" thick angle to make the cross member, i'm really happy with how it turned out.
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project

Pedals, steering, and seat
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:56 pm 
Feeds people vomit

i also found out that i've actually got double hump 2.02 heads on this thing :) i really didn't how to ID them, but my father in law was looking at it and commented on running double hump heads....then he taught me how to identify them :) i'm so happy

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:28 pm 
Pap's mirror

lookin good chuck! :tu2:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:05 am 
Thread Necromancer

Looking good.
Do you have a dash? I may still have a couple..

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:13 am 
Feeds people vomit

kennedy wrote:
Looking good.
Do you have a dash? I may still have a couple..

Yup, i've got a blank dash that's black w/ steel glove box, and i've got an aluminum diamond plate dash, pre-cut holes. Not sure which i'll be using for sure.

My wife and i finally decided on a color though....silver.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:27 am 

Looks good Chuck...cant wait to see it finished!!! And im sure you cant either...lol

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:40 pm 
Thread Necromancer

silver with the red accents will look good.

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:54 pm 
Feeds people vomit

kennedy wrote:
silver with the red accents will look good.

We agree....i'm really pumped about the color choice. Someday it'll happen !!

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:48 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I've got the motor ready to go, it just needs some electrical to run. I found an NV3500 5 speed manual i'm going to put in it so it's got an overdrive....should get OK mileage. more pics soon

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:23 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I got the doors mounted :-) i had a dream last night about using a rachet strap to hold the door on while i drilled the holes for the hinges!! it worked great! i just hooked one end to the seat bracket, and the other end to the door closing handle. made it snug and aligned it then drilled and hung the doors!

From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project
And one of the motor
From CJ7 Project

Whatever....

Last edited by Chuck on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:24 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Door latches, paint gun, paint and strainers/mixing cups are on their way :)

Can't decide weather or not to fiberglass in the back tailgate or to install a metal tailgate.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:08 pm 
Thread Necromancer

:2up:

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:32 pm 

oh and your picture of the motor is actually a duplicate of the pic above it if you didnt notice...lol

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:11 pm 
mr. snuffleupagus

Looks good :2up:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 pm 
Very Nice :tu2: She is coming right along chuck.Can't Wait to see her in paint.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:31 pm 
Feeds people vomit

chaz wrote:

oh and your picture of the motor is actually a duplicate of the pic above it if you didnt notice...lol

Fixed it

[quote='GoodfellazXJ']

Very Nice :tu2: She is coming right along chuck.Can't Wait to see her in paint. [/quote]

Silver

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 pm 
Giggling Little Schoolgirl

i would vote for the steel tailgate......

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 am 
Feeds people vomit

Sparky wrote:

Yup, fiberglass guy said it would be in the $500 range to glass the back...i've got a straight tailgate so thats what it's getting!

Picked up an NV3500 with drivers side 231 tcase. need to find a 241 or 231 passenger side drop, 27 spline case.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:05 pm 
Paul Bunyan

Chuck wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Yup, fiberglass guy said it would be in the $500 range to glass the back...i've got a straight tailgate so thats what it's getting!

Picked up an NV3500 with drivers side 231 tcase. need to find a 241 or 231 passenger side drop, 27 spline case.

I know where you can get a 241 if you can find a replacement for it, or a buyer for the donor truck.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:54 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I got my door strikers in today and got the passenger side installed, i think it looks ok. Once it's all painted you won't notice much.
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project
From CJ7 Project

Whatever....

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:44 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I got the drivers side door latch installed today. Now just waiting on the tailgate hinges to come in, then install the top.

then the fun REALLY starts. dissassembly!! then blasting with a soda blaster (baking soda) and then paint....can't wait!

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 pm 
Feeds people vomit

i hate ordering a part then seeing that its backordered....

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:15 pm 
Feeds people vomit

She almost sputtered to life today!! Dead battery now. We'll get her before summer!!!! I can't wait....

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 am 
Paul Bunyan

Chuck wrote:
She almost sputtered to life today!! Dead battery meow. We'll get her before summer!!!! I can't wait....

first try:

second vid:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:47 pm 
Pap's mirror

man so close! :tu2:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I think God wasn't allowing it to start for a few reasons....watching that video made me think of some things i forgot, like to install an oil pressure guage so it doesn't puke oil all over the place, and tighten the last screw on the water pump pulley (i only bought 3 in the beginning and realized i needed 4).

I'll do that and double check my wiring, get the fuel tank installed and fuel line run and try again :-)

Whatever....

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:51 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I was poking around on the motor today, set it to TDC, pulled the number one plug to see if i was on the compression or exhaust stroke (stick a 3/8" fuel line in the hole and blow. if you can blow freely it's on exhaust). When i pulled the plug out it was wet......not a good sign. I'm worried that my head has a crack in it and is leaking water into No. 1. the last motor i had these heads on got water in the oil immediately and i thought it was a cracked block because i told the machine shop to magnaflux these and check for cracks, they said they did and that they were good to go....i'm beginning to think that's not the case.

more to come later

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:26 pm 
Feeds people vomit

She rumbled to life this morning! i had the distributor 180 degrees off. Now i'm hooking up the fuel tank and lines. Should be running by next week!!!

Chuck

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 pm 
Thread Necromancer

sweet

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:19 pm 
Pap's mirror

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Got the tank in this morning....buying fuel line tomorrow :-)

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:06 am 
Feeds people vomit

She sounds so good....i love the whine of the gear drive timing set, it really sounds like a blower! i'm uploading the video now. I"ll post it tomorrow sometime.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:07 am 
:)

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:35 am 
Feeds people vomit

Whatever....

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 am 
freezes his batteries off

NICE!!!

Post subject: Re: CJ7 Fiberglass, 350...VIDEO UPLOADED
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 pm 
Pap's mirror

:2up: :)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:16 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Well i'm burning antifreeze from the left bank. i'm going to tear down the motor and have the heads checked for cracks...we'll see.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:11 pm 
freezes his batteries off

That sucks! :td:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:40 pm 
Feeds people vomit

some of my awesomest friends got together for my birthday and bought me an OEM windshield frame for the CJ....i'm really excited about it, i installed it tonight but need to get glass for it.

Then install the top (to drill holes in body for mounting brackets) disassemble and paint :-)

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I was showing my cousins my projects over Thanksgiving and realized how behind i was in posting pictures of this jeeps progress.

Here's a few for you to enjoy

Whatever....

Last edited by Chuck on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:57 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Some new board settings aren't letting your pics show, I tried editing it and adding HTML tags... didn't seem to work... paging Alpine....

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:59 pm 
Feeds people vomit

kennedy wrote:
Some new board settings aren't letting your pics show, I tried editing it and adding HTML tags... didn't seem to work... paging Alpine....

Dang you're quick, i fixed it...

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:03 pm 

false alarm. :P

"McDonald's was giving me the run-around, so you can understand where that's coming from," -- Moore

"I'm eating my McDonald's. I come outside. I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of a house." -- Charles Ramsey

“My reaction, I mean, I’m kinda scarred. I want to, you know, I want to be able to know more, you know, cause I having a son and I’m about to raise him right in this house so when you guys tell me a dead body, I’m like, you know, I’ve never seen no activity, you know, for nothing bad… I don’t know,” -- Ciera Richter.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:08 pm 
Feeds people vomit

Alpine wrote:

I did notice lots of my older pics don't show up anymore though...any thoughts?

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:09 pm 
Thread Necromancer

Chuck wrote:
Alpine wrote:

if you're posting html, you have to use html php code...

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:26 pm 
Feeds people vomit

kennedy wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Alpine wrote:

if you're posting html, you have to use html php code...

I'm talking about photos that were posted previously, now don't show up. I'm not changing them....

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:45 pm 

There.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:22 am 
Jeeper in IN

Looking good. If you decide to go with new glass let me know. I can get you a new piece of DOT glass for just over $100 to your door.

1-260-636-7565
1-866-554-5946 (toll free)
Rugged Ridge Floor Liners Rugged Ridge Light Kits Alloy USA
Specials and Rebates

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:39 am 
Feeds people vomit

Seat belts and wheel spacers arrived yesterday....shot some test paint on a trailer to get used to the new gun....going to order a windshield monday :-) then off to the exhaust shop with open headers!

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:02 pm 
Feeds people vomit

I DROVE IT TODAY ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! asspony :lol: :flipoff2: :elephant: sheep

After almost 2 years....i drove it :-) I need to finish bolting in the anti-sway bar and install some shocks, seat belts, rear seat, paint it, buy and install windshield, and hood tie downs and we're ready for summer!

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:49 pm 
Thread Necromancer

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:05 pm 

NICE!! :tu2: :tu2: :tu2:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:12 pm 
Jeeper in IN

YAY!

Looks great!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:47 am 
Feeds people vomit

It's been a long time...i know. Ordered a windshield today. Gonna get the shocks on her next week. Then she's off to storage :-/

Whatever....

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 pm 

What headers did you get for that motor? Also, where did you find those door strikers?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:09 pm 
Thread Necromancer

storage?

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:51 am 
Feeds people vomit

kennedy wrote:
storage?

Yup, i'm moving her to a pole barn i rented, then we're selling our house and getting a little bit of property :-)

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:53 am 
Feeds people vomit

Hey look! It's got a windshield!!

Whatever....

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 am 
Feeds people vomit

Alpine wrote:
What headers did you get for that motor? Also, where did you find those door strikers?

I ended up with Chrome shorty's from ebay, and the door strikers from quadratec, specifically for a fiberglass tub, if you need a set of chrome door striker plates with strikers for a steel tub, i've got a set you can buy for $25 plus shipping

Header's were cheap $89
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SBC-Chevy-Shorty-Exhaust-Headers-327-350-Chrome-Block-Hugger-/110761915580?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19c9ecb4bc#ht_2702wt_690

PS - the code for underlining words doesn't work...it replaces "you" with "you" See, it doesn't even work here, i'm guessing you've got some code written so you can't type "you" in a single letter you you you you you you you you you you you you you

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:05 pm 
Feeds people vomit

This beauty is FOR SALE!!! Come get it. I'm thinking 7k

Needs paint, seat belts, carpet, rear seat re-upholstered, and a new windshield (cracked it while installing it), and some wire loom would look nice.

Whatever....

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:10 pm 
Male nurse in training

Don't sell it! Everybody needs a CJ in their life! :lol:

I have one I need to finish. :thing:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:37 am 
Pap's mirror

NOOOOOO Chuck!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:25 pm 
Feeds people vomit

SOOoooo after tinkering with her for 2 weeks....i cruised down the road in it today.....now i don't wanna sell it!! lol But I've got a guy coming this Friday from St Louis that wants it.....decisions decisions....

Whatever....

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 am 
Thread Necromancer

Chuck wrote:
SOOoooo after tinkering with her for 2 weeks....i cruised down the road in it today.....now i don't wanna sell it!! lol But I've got a guy coming this Friday from St Louis that wants it.....decisions decisions....

I thought the wife decided that you shouldn't sell it? lol

'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower

Board index » General Offroading Forums » Projects, Build Threads, Pictures, Videos