Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Comanche, Liberty Tech (Long wheelbase) » ZJ Tech

Post subject: Shuddering vehicle.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:39 pm 
Jeeper in IN

Can Someone help me figure out this problem?. My 95 GCL shudders when I am waiting with my foot on the brake and in drive with the motor idling. I was told it was the idle control valve which I replaced and it has made no difference. It kinda feels like the tranny is still trying to push the jeep even though I am holding the brake. If I put it in park or nuetral it idles smooth as silk, but as soon as I drop it into drive it shudders. As soon as I release the brake and press the gas it goes fine. It is very aggravating. Help? Tips? Clues?

Post subject: Re: Shuddering vehicle.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:43 pm 
Brees Plymoth Lazar does that. used to be worse and then when accelerating used to bog down. found the fuel filter was black and had never been changed. still does it once in a while i think the fule pump might be goin out. also she ran the car out of trany fluid one time. make sure thats full.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:49 am 
Jeeper in IN

Ok cool. I'll try that. however if anyone else has another ieda what it may be please post it here. I dont wanna leave any stone unturned.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:43 pm 
Thread Necromancer

does it still have the stock torque converter? If the converter stalls to low, it will do that...

'46CJ2a/buggy project in the works, yeah, still have those parts.
'14 Chebby Silverado, 4x4
'88 GMC S15 Trail Gypsy
A sweet lawn mower
Motorcycles: '14 HD FLHTCU, '92 HD FXRS, '26 HD JD, '02 Suzuki DRZ400, '56 Cushman Eagle, '48 Simplex ServiCycle, '72 Honda MiniTrail50, '81 Yamaha YR250, Probably some other stuff
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Confucius
Image.................................................... ImageImage
"Concern yourself with what is right and you'll never second-guess that decision"
I'm not really an asshole, I just play one on the internet!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:16 pm 
Jeeper in IN

kennedy wrote:
does it still have the stock torque converter? If the converter stalls to low, it will do that...

...umm Stock Torque converter?..The Jeep doesnt have any other mods on it so I assume it does but I dont have any idea how or what to check for that. Is it something I can adjust myself?

Board index » 4x4 Related Technical Forums » Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Comanche, Liberty Tech (Long wheelbase) » ZJ Tech